• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im an asshole, rip me to shreds.

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    So apparently im am asshole when i drink, i cant hear real great and tenktis or whatever, it gets loud sometimes in my head.....i just got told to go home by a childhood friend for being too loud... im drunk, and low, and if ya wanna take swing right now it will do the most damage. I cant think of a time when i have been so low..... its like i snuck up and sabotaged myself.

So apparently im am asshole when i drink, i cant hear real great and tenktis or whatever, it gets loud sometimes in my head.....i just got told to go home by a childhood friend for being too loud... im drunk, and low, and if ya wanna take swing right now it will do the most damage. I cant think of a time when i have been so low..... its like i snuck up and sabotaged myself.
    You just gotta say fuck it sometimes and move on! Tommorrow will be another day. Make the best of it!

I have a friend with bad hearing and tinnitus, he's loud sober but he's my boy... fuck that dude for sending you off. Your friends are your friends. Unless you did something fucked up, being loud is not a reason to get the boot.

Take it from a guy with one leg, TBI, and and tennitis; go chill in a hot shower, relax, and discuss your feelings with them tomorrow.
    Maybe even give it a couple of days. Been there, done that (both sides of that coin). Maybe they weren't wrong (maybe not). Take some time, think it over and then try to communicate with them. Don't rush things.

Ask me how I know, but Costco has some really good deals on hearing aids........

Reactions: cornhusker86
    Tinnitus is a bitch, but theres no reason to be so upset. Go pull the pup for awhile, that takes a lot of stress away.

I'm loud. I'm an asshole when I drink too. My friends tell me to "Take it down a notch" in public sometimes. Just having fun. I'm good with who I am. If they had to deal with half the shit I have they would stay at home by themselves and drink. Buck up! You are fine!

Might be a hint to stop drinking .
    You'll be sober in the morning , but will you still be an asshole is the question ?

And how did you get Tinnitus, you step on a rusty nail , they have a shot for that . Hope you don't get lock jaw , although that might solve your drinking problem !

Not gonna take a swing. But why do you drink too much and act like a cunt?
    Heres the thing... i wasnt that drunk... i drove 30 miles home, without eating like i planned to do.... now ive had a few xrs and... i still feel like, boo hoo woe is me, fuck. You guys i dont even know acted how i wish my best friends would have.... just fuck. Im not crazy or over the edge but, i know i havent made friends on here, i expected yall to make my real friends look like shit in comparison.. and here you go suprising me.... fuck. I am touched, thank you..... i honestly dont deserve it

Drunk or sober, I've been called an asshole either way. Usually for saying something that's true, but hurt somebody's ego or feelings. Don't let it weigh on you man, maybe you ain't an asshole, they may just be sensitive/touchy.

I've done stupid shit whilst drunk a fair number of times in my life.

Luckily, I did discover a cure; you'll be happy to know it's freely available to you, as well.

I don't drink.

Instead I married a gorgeous woman and replaced drinking with excessive amounts of sex.

Look, for context. Im an oilfeild guy, i have been near heavy equipment, pop off valves going off, extreme pressure realeases ect, but i also used to shoot without ear pro as a younger dumber me. I can yell across a 300 yd location with a derrick running and equipment going and get my point across. I project lol... but that kinda boom finds its way out.... im 5'-9", not a big dude.... but apparently i get too loud for friends, and it s not the first time i have heard that. I stay home, i own 3 companies, i stay busy and to myself.. i go out 1 time in years and its...it doesnt get any better does it?

Reactions: Aftermath
    1) Don't sweat the small shit.

2) As you were the one who suggested drinking may have been a factor in an outcome that left you unhappy... give it a break. Your life, but if it were me at least 30 days to start then decide.

3) Friends? They are a lot like women, when you have bad ones in your life they keep the better possibilities away. Those 30 days your not drinking don't pick up calls from the asswipe. After that you decide. When he swings by your place just to check on ya.... I don't know the guy but likely he is checking that you're not about to throw one of the hooks he set to control you.

Stand in the door, tell him you're fine but busy. Close the door with him on the outside and you on the inside.

4) If you've been spending so much time drinking with assholes that your life seems to have gaps that leave you lonely then (a) join a gym (b) go to church (c) volenteer at a local hospital.

Good luck. With everything.

You are the only one that can make that decision, it will get better if you decide to make it better.

My tinnitus really kicks in when I drink, when I drink I get easily frustrated. Not being able to participate in the conversation because I cant make out anything drives me nuts. I go find a quiet place, get a glass of water and invariably a kindred spirit shows up. my wife is a social buterfly and does her thing at functions and I do mine.
    Drinking and stress definately exacerbates my tinnitus. I realy cut back on it and am much happier.
    Dont worry about being an ass, call your buddy saturday afternoon and apologize, He most likely will too.

As stated by many others, this is a good time to take a break and assess things. I realized one day that most of the really stupid things I did in my life were done under the influence of alcohol. After nearly losing touch with family and friends, I have cut back to the point that when the doc asks if I drink I have to think about when was the last time. Still manage to do stupid things, but they're less potentially damaging as before. And, now if my family/friends call me an asshole its probably for laughing at them as they get obnoxious and loud.

I agree with others above about calling your buddy and making it right. Guys in general don't have enough friends that we can afford to lose them through our own efforts. Don't let pride stand in the way of a friendship.

hey, good news is you apparently learned something and that means you can fix it.
    sort of like when your friends don't tell you about a booger hanging out of your nose.

Reactions: acudaowner
    Look, for context. Im an oilfeild guy, i have been near heavy equipment, pop off valves going off, extreme pressure realeases ect, but i also used to shoot without ear pro as a younger dumber me. I can yell across a 300 yd location with a derrick running and equipment going and get my point across. I project lol... but that kinda boom finds its way out.... im 5'-9", not a big dude.... but apparently i get too loud for friends, and it s not the first time i have heard that. I stay home, i own 3 companies, i stay busy and to myself.. i go out 1 time in years and its...it doesnt get any better does it?
    Oilpatch guy here, too. All the same vocational hazards. Tinnitus.
    However, it's the wife that talks too loud! I have had many discussions with her in private about talking too loud. We've had her hearing checked. She's just a loud person. So, now we have a hand signal for public (I also use it in private when I don't feel like telling her she's too loud).
    I say all this to suggest, IF those are real friends, discuss your hearing and volume issues and come up with a hand signal so you know you are at 11 when you should be at 5.

• Haha
    Reactions: Threadcutter308
    I don't have any perfect friends. My friends don't either.

If you need to talk to someone, PM me a number. I'll call you, turn the volume down and listen.

When I had several serious events in my life, I found out who my friends really were. Circle today is much smaller, but infinitely better.

stop drinking and listen to older country or blue grass music you could try talking things through with your self while reloading ps if your planning to do anything extreme , please send me all your reloading supplies of course for safe keeping lol . Real assholes don't think am I an asshole only boring normal people have those debates in there heads real crazy mean people just find ways to do what they are going to do so they don't have to think about it or do it so the voices stop talking to them .

Probably have a small cock and ugly wife too. No wonder you drink.

I’m fucking kidding bro. Relax. The positive here is you’re recognizing the issue. We’ve all been there at one time or another. Tomorrow is a whole new day.

R6dbd0d3947a020298ebad165be29fe59

But if good friends are telling you to chill, might as well give it a shot and just go home and relax, sometimes the juice ain’t worth the squeeze

Reactions: DocRDS
    Heres the thing... i wasnt that drunk... i drove 30 miles home, without eating like i planned to do.... now ive had a few xrs and... i still feel like, boo hoo woe is me, fuck. You guys i dont even know acted how i wish my best friends would have.... just fuck. Im not crazy or over the edge but, i know i havent made friends on here, i expected yall to make my real friends look like shit in comparison.. and here you go suprising me.... fuck. I am touched, thank you..... i honestly dont deserve it
    Oh, you deserve it alright. The good with the bad. Let’s be good.....

Relax, take a few deep breaths, let things cool down. Maybe you were wrong, maybe you weren’t. If alcohol was involved, those odds aren’t in your favor. If your friends are worth what they sound like, figure out how to make it right. If they’re worthwhile, they’ll work with you.

Don’t think for a minute that a lot of us have never been there. We have. If you wanna talk, PM me/us.

You’ll get through it ;) :)

Reactions: AMGtuned
    I do too. 6 years old. Cold Carling Black Label. Still love it.
    I dont really drink much. My first beer was a lone star red label my dad left on the bbq pit. My first taste of beer was stale back wash at about 130 degrees. I didnt really drink until i got older lol. even then its seldom, but even sober i get told to bring it down a notch alot.. i know i chose this path, and thank you all for the kind words, but looking back i wish i had made better choices tonite.

I dont really drink much. My first beer was a lone star red label my dad left on the bbq pit. My first taste of beer was stale back wash at about 130 degrees. I didnt really drink until i got older lol. even then its seldom, but even sober i get told to bring it down a notch alot.. i know i chose this path, and thank you all for the kind words, but looking back i wish i had made better choices tonite.
    It happens. To us all. Don’t be too hard on yourself. OK, I suppose nothing to be proud of, but the biggest thing/far more important is that you’ve recognized it. You’ll be fine, be patient, it’ll come with time.

You know, i called baerlein barrels today, i was ralking out ordering a 25-06 barrel with a guy and i told him i called an reccimendations based on some guys here. He laughed and said there were some good guys here, and some turds too... exact words. Well, from tonite what i read in my stupor, i am the one who had been a turd here. You guys i have never met face to face have been kings among men, all true class and better men than myself. Im going to bed, thank you friends. Goodnight.

The first step is to admit to yourself you have a problem. Look, it's not as bad as it seems. Everyone gets told to go home sometime in their lives. I thought it was my hobby when I was younger.

I beat up a 1972 Monte Carlo one night and I don't remember who threw the first punch...

One night I was told to go home from a party and I left with my friend's girlfriend. So sometimes it's good to be told to leave.

All kidding aside, take this as a learning experience. You're a bright person, learn from your mistakes and go about your life.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...

We'll talk in the morning.

We have all had our share of asshole moments. If you think you did something that you need to apologize for, then apologize. If you don’t feel like you did anything wrong get different friends. If you feel like you have a problem deal with it after you’re sober and have had a good meal. Just don’t rush to judgement of yourself or your friend.