• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im confused! Need help

HVT Tyler

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
MN, USA
i have a dpms lower and i bought a magpul ctr stock and there is quite alot of play,i know there is mil-spec and commercial buffer tubes and im pretty sure i have a commercial one because of the slant at the end.im confused because i bought a commercial ctr and there is alot of wobble. so what is wrong?

Re: Im confused! Need help

well that's a good question because i bought it at a gun show and i know how sketchy gun shows can be, but airsoft ones are called pst ctr i think and this one is a normal magpul ctr. im so confused of why there is so much play, i dont get it.

Had the same problem with my RRA not being milspec. So changed out the buffer tube ($38) and problem solved. Now when I put the Vltor or CTR stock on there is no play at all.

its not a airsoft one, and i thought that a commercial tube and a commercial ctr should work fine? so is it that the dpms tube is that bad and out of spec? If i buy a bcm milspec one are they hard to install?

The VLTOR tube gives a sloppy fit for some reason. The CTR fits good on a true mil-spec receiver extension tube.

Just measure it and compare the measurements to magpuls diagram. That will let you know if it is indeed a commercial or mil spec. Do go by just the slant on the back of the tube

Is it possible I have a milspec tube on a dpms ? Commercial tube and commercial stock work but cOmmercial and milspec won't......so by elimination don't I have a milspec tube? That would explain the wobble

Get calipers and measure your buffer tube diameter.

My commercial ctr fits great on my dpms buffer.

So I measured the buffer and it's a commercial tube ....with a commercial ctr and there is lots of play.... Wtf?

Changed my RRA buffer to Daniel defense and can run both vltor emod and ctr stocks on it with proper fit. Change out the buffer tube and if you are running the stock buffer and spring from RRA think about upgrading to the H buffer and new spring. Since I have done that with a PWS break and fail zero BCG the rifle is shooting outstanding and to me there is less recoil in my DI RRA then my Scar 16.