• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im going to paint my rifle

99HMC4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Ive decided to do a desert ACU/digital type pattern on my rifle. Im going to use Duracoat because Ive sprayed it a lot and Im good with it. I would like to see some of your rifles and know what colors your choose. I would like to keep it a 3 colors, like a dark earth, coyote tan and either a really light brown or sand color. Ive also found several sites other that duracoat that offer stencils that I can use. I really like these coros and pattern on this AI...
defender_4.jpg

Re: Im going to paint my rifle

I agree. That AI is very well done. The transition from stock to barrel looks awesome. I know it is supposed to be simply about concealment, but these bad ass paint jobs are like looking at custom paint on old hot rods to me. Works of art.

I used the search and found a few I really like but I was hoping to get some color names used.

If you go with the dark flat earth, coyote or blackhawk tan and multicoat beige you can mix to get any color of brown/tan you want.

Thinking of doing the samething to my rifle also. Please let us know how it turns out. Still a bit "gun-shy" (no pun intended) about taking the plunge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you go with the dark flat earth, coyote or blackhawk tan and multicoat beige you can mix to get any color of brown/tan you want. </div></div>

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking their "tactical" colors would be nice cause they are very flat colors but I might try their flatt clear coat as well. I own an automotive paint company and this is what I do every day, so the painting and equipment part Ive got down. I wouls still like to see other members desert color pics...