• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I'm having remorse - RESERVE MET on Gunbroker

Toast

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2011
    So Cal
    I'm having remorse for selling my baby. Reserve has been met on Gunbroker. I've had this pistol for 20 plus years, but I really want a DTA and BEAST combination. Unfired Colt, 1 of 411. Someone please tell me I'm making the right decision. I'm open to being called nuts too.

Rare NIB Colt Delta Elite 10/40, Only 411 Exist : Revolvers at GunBroker.com
    Auction # 401572552

25sn1ip.jpg

To late now. If someone hit your reserve you would be a real douche bag to renig on the transaction.

If a beast and a Dta is what you want then screw it. Do what you gotta do. Obviously if you had the money you would've kept it.
    It's a very nice and rear pistol but all it's gonna do is sit in your safe. So get what you are going to use. Also I agree with the above it's too late bro.

Sweet pistol but for that amount it would be sold in a heartbeat. Better to have something you'll actually use and enjoy.

Well, you're parting with something you've never shot, for something you presumably WILL shoot.
    If you're SERIOUSLY not wanting to sell it, then your last option is to have a buddy "win" the auction. You pay GB their fee, and y'all just never complete the transaction.
    That flirts with unethical, but it's significantly better than backing out of an auction with the reserve already met.

Your reserve has been met and then some buddy, and you have more than a week left in the auction. You may end up with more money than you can pass up at this rate. Should make selling that much easier. Good luck.

Are you a collector or a shooter? There in lies your answer. ;) Sweet looking rare pistol but the DTA and BEAST will be more fun.

Well, you're parting with something you've never shot, for something you presumably WILL shoot.
    If you're SERIOUSLY not wanting to sell it, then your last option is to have a buddy "win" the auction. You pay GB their fee, and y'all just never complete the transaction.
    That flirts with unethical, but it's significantly better than backing out of an auction with the reserve already met.

This option is kind of hilarious, Not going to comment whether I agree with it??

But it could be, depending on final price, maybe a 125.00 slap back into reality for a brief outburst of stupidity.

FYI, yeah, I'm not going to be a douchebag and renig. Reserve met means I'm selling it. I just have to be happy with the DTA and BEAST. I'm sure I will be. I still feel like a tard though.

Amazing pistol. Bet you always regret selling it, but that kind of money and the chance to get something you will use is hard to pass up.

If you are wealthy, such that you can painlessly--financial wise--afford to be a collector, than you can try to negotiate with the winning bidder to buy it back from them at a premium, or try over the next year to find another. It may sting and be a costly lesson, but it would allow you to honor your end of the auction and still retain the gun. I personally couldn't back out or rig the auction with a friend as winning bidder. Obviously the buyer may not take any amount to sell it back to you and you will simply have to put in some time and effort trying to find a dealer who can get one for you from another owner/collector. If you aren't a wealthy collector than follow your first instinct and sell the gun to facilitate the purchase of another gun that you not only want but will use and receive further enjoyment from. Good luck with whatever you decide.

toast you won't miss it that much, all you really did was made a investment and cashed
    in when you needed the money.never have shot it will make parting with it that much easier.
    and you will enjoy the dta much more when you start using it.
    besides if you get a itch for a 10mm 1911 get a custom and it will be a better pistol to shot anyway.
    now get that dta and enjoy it!

I was kind of thinking your a 'tard' till I hit the link and saw the price.

Take the fucking money and run.

As much as I love Colt pistols, that two tone doesn't do anything for me...kind of ugly. Get what you will shoot.

You made up your mind when you listed, stop being a woman and live with your decision.Not a fan of the 10 orr the 40 so I think you are getting 4 times what its worth.

I wonder what you could have got if you listed it under semi autos??(its listed under revolvers)

You show some people a rusty nail with that horsey on it, and they'll ask "How much?"
    I'm a Colt "fan", & a .40 "fan", but I'm not much of a collector. I divested myself of a few guns, including some Colt revolvers, for various reasons. The only thing different, is now I say,..."I had one of those" instead of "I have one of those".

Take the money and move out..

Bob

a gun you shoot is better than one you dont. if you want a 'collectors' gun go buy some NFA with a fun switch. AANNNDDDD..... you live in Cali. nevermind me

Last edited:
    I would have a buddy outbid everybody and obviously never pay if you really want to keep it. If its #1 in 411 then yes, you're foolish. Save a little longer for the DTA/Beast.

At that price, and having never fired it, I'd let it go. It was obviously a collector piece when you picked it up...let someone else sit on it for a while.

Unless you have a big emotional attachment to it (family heirloom or the like) I don't see why you should have your money tied up in a decoration any longer.

I don't sell my guns,sold a 357 Ruger Blackhawk 20 years ago and still wish I had it back. I sold it to a nephew that promised to sell it back to me if he ever decided to sell it. He didn't keep his word. He is a douchbag. You are not. Enjoy !

Man I truly hope that Beast comes out soon....or your gonna feel like a dumbass selling that for something that might not come out for awhile.

i have the same kind of thing sitting in my safe. a winchester model 21 20gauge side by side with a matching set of barrels. $10k plus family heirloom. its in emaculate shape, I'm pretty timid to ever bring it out of its case let alone shoot it. the old gunny that helped teach me to shoot always said what good is a gun that you'll never shoot? so I'm determined to buy a box of shells and take it out... someday. i agree with most of they guys here, its better you sell a safe queen and buy something you'll actually shoot and enjoy.

I regularly go through my guns and get rid of those I haven't been using. I figure if I'm not using it, the money that it represents could better be put onto something that I will use, or something new to appreciate and play with. I have a handmade Bagwell knife that I have never used, but I see it as art, so I keep it around to enjoy as art. Besides, my wife loves the Bagwell, and says I am NOT to sell or trade it. I think it is cool that she likes something like that so much.

I think you are doing the right thing. If you can't or don't shoot it what good is it. I dumped a Winchester 1885, 45-90 this winter for my custom 700, .308, best thing I ever did. Been out shooting a lot more this year.

Rich L