• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Im looking for a good scope for my Remington SPS

datruthab123

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2008
I'm trying to put together my first precision rifle together, Started with my remington 700 sps which I have read is a great starting platform for the budget minded, which I am but I would like to finish it with a good optic, ive done a little checking around my choices are:

Burris 4-16x50 Black Diamond 30mm
Leupold 4.5-14x40 VX-3
Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP
Super Sniper 10x42
Nikon 4-16x42 Monarch w/bdc

I just want to do it right, and not have to replace it in a year, if you have any suggestions by all means let me know but keep it under 1k, the cheapest I found MARK 4 4.5-14X 50mm LR/T was for 1100 is this a good price, and are these great scopes as well ,if I wanted to push my limited budget a little more, well thanks in advance.

Re: Im looking for a good scope for my Remington SPS

Best bang for the buck if you're only killing paper and steel would be the rear focus Super Sniper 10x, IMHO.

No need for a FFP reticle on a fixed power
cool.gif

I have a 10x SS on my Anschutz .22 "trainer" and it is excellent.

But only you can say what is a good scope for YOU. And in all reality, you will probably be buying another scope before long regardless of what you buy now - if you catch the sickness
laugh.gif

If the rifle doubles as a hunting rifle, a variable that has an option for lower power (2-4x) might be a better choice. If you plan on shooting F-Class or over 600yd often, you probably want to spend more on better glass and more magnification.

YMMV.

I'd go with the Falcon or the Nikon....

....and you better get over the whole "and not have to replace it in a year" LOL your just kidding yourself if you hang-out around here...
laugh.gif

-Pat

I would also throw the 5-15x Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical in there.....

There's also the 3-9x variable SS with FFP reticle and 1/10th MIL knobs.

The falcon seems to be the best bet, 4x14 , but is the 5x25 available yet

look at the markedplace,have got one leupy 4,5-14x50 tactical for 500bucks
if you run out of time the SS10x42 are a steal

Yes the 5x25 falcon is available.

Nikon are pretty tough. Check out the Sightron SIII.

Falcon all the way. I have the new 5-25 and it is great, for the price. Contact Bushmaster on here if you go thast route. He is GTG.

How about the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 Mil Dot. It's a damn good, rock solid scope for 500 bucks or a little less! I can't comment on the Falcon 5-25 but I had a Falcon 4.5-18 and it was okay but it wasn't even in the same ballpark as the Vortex!