• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Im looking for a new sight.1911

Facemelter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Cincy,Ohio
Im am going to be sending out my 1911 slide to have a new sight cut in the rear for a Bo-Mar style rear sight.

The people running 1911's with this type of sight,what do you recommend? Name brand and style,with dots,no dots,tritium or not.

Ive looked at STI,Kensight and Wilson.

The pistol as a standard R1,not the enhanced or the carry. And this is my carry weapon.

I really like the Harrisons with the single dot rear. Might be a little chunky for some, but I like my sights like I like my women.

I checked out the harrison,Those have peaked my interest. Have an odd cut,which I would assume is there style of bomar.

I keep going back to wilson sights,I guess to compare.

A Wilson Combat rep told me that their current "Battlesight" is the best they have ever used, by far. That is usually paired with a fiber optic front sight, in green.

s

Contact Luke Volkmann at Volkmann Precision, he's a custom 1911 maker that's now making his own sights