• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm looking for an AR barrel

Ryanbth1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2014
Can someone help me?
I'm doing my first ar build and I'm looking for a specific barrel type and I haven't been able to find one.
The barrel I'm looking for needs to be a 20" stainless .223 wylde with a 1:7 twist as well as a 1/2 x 28 thread on the muzzle. Preferrably one that is known to be good quality and not impossible to find.
If you could help me, I would appreciate it greatly. And if any of you guys know of anything similar, if love to here about that too.

Thanks,
Ryan

Check out the White Oak Armament 20" SDM. I had one and it was very accurate.

Krieger also makes one but its a HBAR contour I believe so it will be heavier and about $200 more.

I have never seen a 1:7 Wylde. They are all 1:8.

Check out Rainier Arms. They have what you want from several well known quality manufacturers.

Check out what CLE has, generally 2-3 different manufacturers blanks and he finishes them all and chambers them. He can make you what you want if he has the blank in stock. Took about 4 weeks to get my Krieger 1/7 SPR profile barrel with the CLE match chamber and matched bolt.

+1 for Green Mountain barrels. Can't beat their prices, and what they sell are over runs for some of the "name brand" barrels. Obviously they can't go into specifics of who they manufacture for, but I have never had a GM barrel that wouldn't shoot. And most of the time, mind numbingly accurate...

+1 for White Oak. I just put a 1-7 SPR barrel on my rifle. First 20 shots were just plinking rounds to get the gas adjusted. I cleaned it and first 5 shots were just some old loads from the other barrel and it put them in a 1/2" cluster. Blew my mind.

Compass lake over WOA. They shoot the same, but CLE is faster to get the stuff into your hands. I've ordered one complete rifle and one upper from CLE. The rifle took five or six days and the upper took two weeks. I was quote 12 weeks from WOA.

I bought a WOA 16" SS Match 1:7 barrel from OST for my AeroPrecision Recce rifle and it was shipped immediately to me. Paired it with a Young NM BCG and it shoots lights out.

Last edited:
Check out the White Oak Armament 20" SDM. I had one and it was very accurate.

Krieger also makes one but its a HBAR contour I believe so it will be heavier and about $200 more.

+1 for the WOA SDM barrel. It's a great barrel. I own three WOA barrels and they all perform great.