• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im new to Atlas bipods legs but am I missing something?

870pilot

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2010
vermont
Forgive the newbness, my prior bipods were Harris. With the new Atlas, when I load the rifle forward on a smooth surface, the rubber feet rotate, allowing the bipod to travel forward. I was hoping that after the legs are extended to the proper length, the legs could be turned to the right, thus locking the legs/rubber feet. I know there are spiked feet for sale which would I think could address the problem. I did my homework on the website but the answer still eludes me.

The new version doesn't rotate. And yes, the rotating thing can be a pain I the ass.

You are simply loading the bipod too much. Yes they will roll if you push hard enough but there is no need.

As has been stated, yes they can and do rotate on the current version. But I've never had it be an issue, how much are you loading that bipod to cause this?

just applying enough p forward pressure to stabilize the the rifle, so far the testing was done on a hardwood floor. Damn me for not researching the new version. Prob no chance of retrofit I imagine.

just applying enough p forward pressure to stabilize the the rifle, so far the testing was done on a hardwood floor. Damn me for not researching the new version. Prob no chance of retrofit I imagine.

They will not be upgradeable due to the nature of the new design. They are also many months out before you will actually get your hands on one. Atlas bipods are great though, once you go out and start using them I think you will agree.

Never found this to be an issue with my two Atlas', then again I never shoot them off a hardwood floor ;)

Get them used and the rubber scuffed up, won't be an issue.

sounds good guys... ill try to avoid hardwood floors :) but we were training active shooter in a high school gym... ill give the legs a scuff em up a bit. is anyone running the spike feet? g
Good on sod but in the previously mentioned application, I believe the basketball coach would be pissed about two spike holes in the hardwood floor, totally not my concern. I'm sticking with my original purchase, I love the Atlas all over the Harris and making it work. thanks, bros.

I have debated getting a atlas bipod but can't decide if they are really worth the price I have Harris but should I try the atlas?

everything but the rolling legs which in part could be operator error, shows a top notch overbuilt well designed piece of kid, way over the quality of the couple of Harris units. I doubt I'll spring for the new model but work with the unit I just bought.