• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm not a big PETA fan but-

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ
they got this video spot on!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDc0RXKuIEA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDc0RXKuIEA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ever since my wife started working for rescues/shelters I have been floored by how many dogs are needlessly put down (over 200 a DAY-just in the county I live in!!!).

Too bad we can't put people down-I've met more deserving people than dogs......

Re: I'm not a big PETA fan but-

Our local station did a story on shelter dogs called "Dead Dog Walking" It was quite the eye opener! The look on the dogs face was enough to bring you to tears, it knew what was coming.

This why everytime one of your friends tell you they bought a puppy with Champion blood lines and they intend to breed it to so and so's Champion blood lines to get rich, or because Betsy will be a good mother to her pups. You should punch them squarely in the head.

The reason why you breed an animal is to try to improve the Breed. Not for a Money source.

F--- PETA!!

That said, I couldn't agree with you more on the adoption of dogs and cats from your local shelters/rescue organizations. We are fortunate in my area that we don't have nearly the number of dogs/cats in shelters/rescues as other parts of the country (especially some major metropolitan areas), but the fact remains that these animals deserve better than what they get in many situations.

And for what its worth...I totally agree with you on putting some people down. I've yet to meet a dog I couldn't get along with, but I certainly can't say the same for MANY people!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F--- PETA!!

</div></div>

99.99999999% of the time I'm with ya!

I've been telling my wife for a while that shelters need to do some "in your face" advertising/education about the number of good dogs killed each year, but noone has the balls to do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've yet to meet a dog I couldn't get along with, but I certainly can't say the same for MANY people!
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1,000,000,000 and counting. . . . . . .

I hate to see any animal suffer from mistreatment. That said, I have to keep in mind that these are animals, and are not on the same level as humans.
When the are allowed to breed "in the wild" they become a nuisance, and in many cases, a danger.
They must be put down.
Adoption is the best way to handle these animals, but not all will be adopted. Some are untamable.
I have no regret about killing any feral dog or cat that may venture onto my property, IF I perceive them to be a hazard or serious nuisance.
Since both of my dogs were recently killed in traffic, I expect to adopt my next one, either from the pound, or from someone who doesn't want the puppies fathered by "Handsome Stranger"

Domesticated pets are completely different than wilds (feral or wild), and really aren't the focus of what I'm refering to.

I am always amazed how people will go to the pet store and spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the dog du jour. They are way overpriced, usually stocked by puppy mills and have a limited selection. Go to any decent shelter and you have your pick of anything from expensive pure blood dogs all the way down to a mutt. They have all been checked by a vet, have been tested for temperament and usually have been fixed or they offer a discount if you plan to do it after the fact. You get no guarantee whatsoever from the pet store, you don't know if it has a health problem or if it has a good temperament. These animals need a home, and their days are numbered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad we can't put people down-I've met more deserving people than dogs......</div></div>

Ain't that the damn truth!! We should start a movement: instead of jamming them in our already overcrowded prison system, just start handing out shots to the ones that deserve it. I'd much rather pay for a dog to sit in a shelter for a year than pay for a criminal to sit in a jail cell, sometimes living better than some of us! Hell, without the added cost from more prisoners, maybe more of us could afford to adopt another dog!

Kelly

When I live in Los Angeles the shelters were so full that they had to put dogs down every 10 days. The main problem was that to many people would have dogs and not get them neutered or spaded. These dogs would run around on the streets because people who owned the dogs took no responsibility for the dogs. Of course these dogs our going to do what dogs do and make a bunch of puppies.

Rescue dogs make the for the best dogs, they just seemed to know you saved they're life. All of that said if you buy a dog you're not responsible for the dogs that are in the shelters; unless your a back yard breeder or do not neuter or spade you dog(s). So PETA can fuck off and stop this guilt trip shit on the average person who loves dogs.

Jamie

I see this issue from a different view.

In my small town, way too many idiots head down to the local animal shelter and <span style="font-style: italic">"save a dog's life"</span> by paying the small fee, bringing the dog home and immediately chaining it to a stake in the yard. Then, they go to work and leave the dog to bake in the sun, soak in the rain and bark at anything that walks by. I think a lot of these people are just too cheap to install a burglar alarm.

Care for the dog? Attention paid to the dog? <span style="font-weight: bold">As little as possible.</span>

I'd rather see a euthanized dog than a chained up, ignored dog.

jamie-I get he point, but there needs to be something to start the "average joe" thinking...

Look how long recycling took to become mainstream-they started that in the 70's.

The best advertising makes you laugh, cry or pissed off-but it leaves a mark. If you got nothing to feel guilty about, you shouldn't feel guilty. Many rescue advocates bought puppy mill dogs before they knew any better. If the guilt trip shit gets one "average person that loves dogs" to talk about the topic to another person, then the shit worked.

Spay/nueter is an education issue as well....

RC-true, abuse is abuse. As you probably know we have an education problem with the fertile res dogs, and with the machismo latino "noone's chopping the huevos off killer, esse".

If someone is willing to go to a pet store and spend big bucks on a dog, it isn't likely they will go tie it up in the backyard. It happens but its not common. Those are the people that need to adopt a dog from a shelter instead. There is always the irresponsible dog owner that does dumb shit.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This why everytime one of your friends tell you they bought a puppy with Champion blood lines and they intend to breed it to so and so's Champion blood lines to get rich, or because Betsy will be a good mother to her pups. You should punch them squarely in the head.

The reason why you breed an animal is to try to improve the Breed. Not for a Money source. </div></div>

So, I guess I should get punched then. I have world class Welsh Cardigan Corgies. When ever a breeding is done, all the pups are spoken for before they hit the ground! Don't lump me in with those Ass Hats who are pumping out Pitbull pups every time she comes into season! Hell, I had to wait 3 years before I got my lads!

Responsible breeding is just that, but you must admit-its the small percentage.

I am not a fan of PETA eather but twice a month they bring in a big spay and nuder truck and it cost only $30 for a dog or cat. I get flea killer real cheap also. Any feral cats brought in by animal control are fixed, given shots then turned loose again. The cost at the local vet's for a spay is $175 and up. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my dogs BBQed they are more tasty that way.
grin.gif
</div></div>

You'd think all the local Vietnamese eaterys would be jumping all over this tryin' to get them there excess critters.
grin.gif

What is it about PETA that you guys detest so much like "99.99999999% of the time I'm with ya!" seems to me PETA is the organization that helps animals -cant be a bad thing !

I have had pointing dogs for a long time and the bond one grows with your animal friends are strong as they are thought of as a part of the family, not like a child but as a friend .

The thought of some organization pouring shampoo in its eyes , giving it radiation or exposing it to levels of abuse really upsets me .

Some of these awful experiments may have saved human lives and some may just be to get you hair clean -I like to think we should treat all dosmeticated animals with a high level of regard .Wild animals arnt afforded that same love as a domesticated animal but certainly dont deserve any form of torture-a swift death if hunted .

I think I might like PETA 90% of the time -now those figures sound a little better

I had a friend who was a 18D in 10th group a long time ago. He told me that they used to use dogs for their training. However, they stopped that and start using goats. He said that the goats were just mean so he didn't mind them getting f'ed up. They would have to save the goat after it had been shot, after it had been stabbed, after it had been lit on fire and so on. If the goat died they failed. Also, they would put the goats to sleep before injuring them. I think he said it was some out side influence that got them to stop using the dogs, probably PETA, I can't remember who he said it was.

Jamie

Jaime the thought of doing that to an animal just is wrong as I am sure you would agree -stabbning , shooting and setting on fire -this is why I suppose PETA has got so big , many of your fellow Americans just detest this behaviour .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and so it starts.... </div></div>

+1. So much for a good thread about the values of pet adoption from shelters/rescue organizations!

i remember reading of an old indian saying......"He would rather talk than eat young dog"

what of the many do gooders................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jaime the thought of doing that to an animal just is wrong as I am sure you would agree -stabbning , shooting and setting on fire -this is why I suppose PETA has got so big , many of your fellow Americans just detest this behaviour . </div></div>

You need to remember that these elite soldiers are on their own and need to have all the experience they can get so that they can save lives. These soldiers operate independently of big green and need to have the skills to not only save the life of someone; they need to be able to give long term care too. So, I can see how it is difficult to understand doing this to animals; I am just glad they don't use dogs anymore.

Jamie

peta has a broader agenda that affects hunting and they back anti-2nd amendment policy, so usually I am against them on the whole.

I do back their defense of domesticated animals, and their actions against animal testing need some balance.

My original post is applauding them for having the balls to start mainstream awareness about the out of hand killing of dogs by shelters.
Too many shelters (even large ones that most of the populace think are related to the govt, such as AZ Humane Society, and other local Humane Societies) hide behind the low numbers of "healthy adoptable" animals put down. What they don't tell you is how easy it is for an animal to be branded (unhealthy/unadoptable).

This is Mabel-she was going to be put down for being aggresive (2 something pounds, in her teens, blind in one eye, can't see for shit with the other, one tooth, no lower jaw, but a menace to Maricopa County Animal Care and Control's staff):
imgp9135.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember reading of an old indian saying......"He would rather talk than eat young dog"

what of the many do gooders................ </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and so it starts.... </div></div>

+1. So much for a good thread about the values of pet adoption from shelters/rescue organizations! </div></div>

These organizations are vital because of arseholes that should never be allowed near an animal let alone kids .

They are also the types of jerks that cause a situation of nanny state as law after law is introduced to remedy their lazy useless actions .

An old Indian proverb-Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me thinks many indian proverb are morf'd from chinese proverb... </div></div>
probably Chinese before they morf'd into Indians

First, I have to agree....screw PITA, these are mostly a bunch of wack jobs that think a human baby is worth less than a dog. They have lost all perspective and have more empathy for an animal than a human. Listen to some of their speaches, blogs, literature, and websites. These are some pretty hateful nasty people and believe me if you hunt, fish, shoot, or anything else of that nature you are worthy of death in their book.

Second I hate to see any animal mistreated for any reason but there are some things that are natural like hunting, and eating and they require the most humane possible way of accomplishing the goal but they are not evil like the PETA people would have us believe.

Third I agree with the comment about how most people treat a dog, locking it in a cage for 10 hours a day or leaving it on the end of a chain with no care save food and water. I also would rather see a dog euthanized than have it mistreated or totally uncared for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These organizations are vital because of arseholes that should never be allowed near an animal let alone kids .

They are also the types of jerks that cause a situation of nanny state as law after law is introduced to remedy their lazy useless actions .

An old Indian proverb-Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.
</div></div>

You are missing the point altogether. IF...AND THAT IS A BIG IF...PETA was just trying to protect defenseless animals from being beaten, abuse or improperly treated by idiot owners and "arseholes" as you call them, I don't think anyone here would be saying that PETA is a bad organization. The simple fact is that they are a political action organization by any other name and they, at their core, have major problems with hunting, shooting, the 2nd Amendment in general, and a whole host of other "questionable" items on their political agenda that even people who support the humane treatment of and prevention of cruelty to animals disagree with wholeheartedly.

Yes , understood that is why I stated I think Ibelieved in their causes "tounge in cheek " 90% of the time as I believe in the freedom of animal harvesting for our food and the use of their pelts. I am a meat eater but dont believe in battery hens , sow crates and other nasties .
Id have to add , I have found not to many things that felt like meditaion than walking behind my working setter doing brilliant dog work and rewarding him with a dead Pheasant that he had pointed .

Sorry soberbiker for getting off track

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This why everytime one of your friends tell you they bought a puppy with Champion blood lines and they intend to breed it to so and so's Champion blood lines to get rich, or because Betsy will be a good mother to her pups. You should punch them squarely in the head.

The reason why you breed an animal is to try to improve the Breed. Not for a Money source. </div></div>

So, I guess I should get punched then. I have world class Welsh Cardigan Corgies. When ever a breeding is done, all the pups are spoken for before they hit the ground! Don't lump me in with those Ass Hats who are pumping out Pitbull pups every time she comes into season! Hell, I had to wait 3 years before I got my lads! </div></div>

I have two of them also both of them with Hip Dysplasia from a well intentioned breeder. One also with poor coat quality and eye problems.

Do you give a gaurantee on your dogs will you take them back if they develope genetic problems. What do you do with the ones you can't place in a home? Do you even try to prove your dogs for what they were intended for. How about even putting them in the show ring.

If you do any type of Trialing with them I applaude you. Shows I will give you a Golf Clap and if you don't do anything but breed them, then you are a Puppy Mill. If your only intention is to make money off of the breeding then you are a Puppy Mill.

For every good breeder out there, there are 20 that don't give a damn. My Wife is a Vet Tech and sees this crap all the time. We had another dog that had Hip Dysplasia and when my Wife called the Breeder to let her know that she had problems the Breeder said that we were feeding the dog wrong. This was someone telling my Wife who has been in the Veterinary business for 25 years that she didn't know what she was doing. This same Breeder had never had any of her dogs checked for this defect.

I'm not against adopting, shelter or rescue dogs. I think its awesome that so many of them get a 2nd chance at life. I know a couple of dogs that both happen to be rescues and they're two of the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet.

That being said, I am against a terrorist organization (PETA) or anyone else for that matter trying to shove an agenda down my throat.

Just because I choose to buy from a breeder does not mean that I'm killing a shelter dog. If that is the case their argument could be reversed and used on them.

PETA~ This thread reminded me of this episode.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9ijLulwUTY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9ijLulwUTY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jamie-I get he point, but there needs to be something to start the "average joe" thinking...
</div></div>

You ain't seen them Sarah McLaughlin ads?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jamie-I get he point, but there needs to be something to start the "average joe" thinking...
</div></div>

You ain't seen them Sarah McLaughlin ads? </div></div>

Yeah, but every time I see one of those I just picture her going down on a hot chick and my train of thought is shot....

I think the body bag hanging its head out the window makes a better statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they got this video spot on!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDc0RXKuIEA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDc0RXKuIEA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ever since my wife started working for rescues/shelters I have been floored by how many dogs are needlessly put down (over 200 a DAY-just in the county I live in!!!).

Too bad we can't put people down-I've met more deserving people than dogs......

I 2nd that

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wack jobs that think a human baby is worth less than a dog. They have lost all perspective and have more empathy for an animal than a human. </div></div>

At the risk on pissing folks off, a human baby is just proof positive that someone got f*cked. We could use a population cap, or at least make the test for bringing a kid into this world....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember reading of an old indian saying......"He would rather talk than eat young dog"

what of the many do gooders................ </div></div>

this. Peta can suck it and here's why... I see a bunch of ideas floating around this thread that are fubared right from the get go. God forbid facts and logic should get in the way of our feelings.
For one... you have to have an outlet for surplus critters. ALWAYS.... Why?.. Because there will always be a surplus of unwanted critters. Wild critters we hunt, bovine critters we eat, canine or feline critters we put down because we're not culturally inclined to eat them.. no biggie.
But what about the equine critters? Oh well a lot of people eat them over seas. Used to be that at a horse auction the kill buyers pretty much set the price. What this meant was that if a kill buyer was at a sale, you could pretty much guarantee getting at least $1/lbs on even the nastiest, roughest, unwanted piece of stock. All the wanted horses of course would be sold in the thousands. But even the worst horse could go to a kill buyer for $1000-1300 depending on weight.

Well some people decided they didn't like the idea of horses going to slaughter because it made them feel bad for the horses. So they set out to ban horse slaughter for human consumption in the US. Long story short, they succeeded.

Do ya think this made things easier on horses? Do horses in general have a higher quality of life? Not only no, but FUCK NO! Let's do the math. Without the kill buyers the outlet for surplus equines disappeared and so did the value of horseflesh. Once the value of horses declined to the point of worthlessness, people stopped taking care of them. You can't sustain a business off of something that produces less than what it costs to produce. Hay and grain became more valuable than the horses it was being fed to. Horses started getting turned loose to fend for themselves, or at worst, simply not taken care of at all only to waste away. What do you do with a horse that you can't even give away? What do you do when auction barns cease to have horse sales because they cost more than they make? This is what has been going on all over the country over the last 7 years or so.

And on top of that, get this. There are still a few kill buyers floating around the country that buy up cheap horse flesh and then take it to Canada or Mexico, where Slaughter is still legal. They pay much less than the killbuyers of past obviously, because transo eats up a lot. But now ALL (100%) of horses going to slaughter are going to places where we can't regulate it. At least we could regulate it if it was here.

So just ponder that next time you want to feel all warm and fuzzy about doing something good for animals. What you think is a good thing isn't always.

I'm all for thinking shit through, that's why spay/nueter is imperative.
Domestic pet animals aren't livestock or wild critters, they are species that we have evolved mutually with. They've povided us comfort, service and companionship and we provide them the same and food.
Spay/nueter, adoption and responsible breeding of pets are attainable sustainable goals that are apples to the oranges of wild/feral/livestock issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Spay/nueter, adoption and responsible breeding of pets are attainable sustainable goals that are apples to the oranges of wild/feral/livestock issues.
</div></div>

No they are not apples to oranges. People keep horses and other types of, as you say "livestock" as pets. Not everyone that's a horse owner has a horse to pull a plow or make other horses, or what have you. This is the problem right here. People can't quite seem to disconnect from the fact that animals aren't people. Just because dogs are cute and smart and make good companions can't earn them a special place.

Note the vid above.. PETA "rescues" X amount of critters thinking "hey this is a good idea". But then once they figured out the reality of the situation then they was all, " oh shit, maybe this wasn't such a good idea" So they did what everyone else already figured out that had to be done. There's no other way, there will always be a surplus.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals!!Deer,Elk, Moose,Beef.But seriously all these backyard puppy mills need to be shut down. I have seen a lot of truly gross shit in my time but when I saw a load of euthanized animals being dumped into a county landfill was worse than all of it. Humans do some seriously sick shit to one another but to execute in mass innocent animals in that fashion tore my ass up!

peta isnt trying to ensure fair treatment to animals..theyre trying to tell humans what they cant have. the laws tell folks in cities what pets they can have and routinely take loved pets so they can charge a rehoming fee or euthenize them. in the country they try to demonize rescue efforts by calling people hoarders. theyll confiscate those animals and destroy 99% of them rather than let granny hills have eyes love and feed them.
peta wants no one to own animals bottom line. wont be long before theyre telling cattlemen how many steers they can have or that they cant castrate them.

The ASPCA does the same thing. I've called them on several occasions at work because the stupid fucking assholes all want to look tough with a pit bull, but don't take care of them. The last one was in a backyard full of garbage with no food and drinking dirty water in containers of collected rain water, so emaciated it could barely walk. I would rather see that dog put down then suffer at the hands of douche bags like them, and one of my labs was a rescue and he's the most loyal and affectionate dog I've ever had. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our local station did a story on shelter dogs called "Dead Dog Walking" It was quite the eye opener! The look on the dogs face was enough to bring you to tears, it knew what was coming. </div></div>

they do....remember, dogs can possess the same mental cognition of a 3-5yr old child. It's heart wrenching really to see that go on. My wife are not PETA or activists but we do donate to a shelter in NJ and never refuse a dog a home.

man its tough. i cross post and share alot of rescues on facebook. the photos of dogs in shelters makes me cry. call me a pussy, but it really is hard to see them in there. how do you look at their faces and not feel something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The thought of some organization pouring shampoo in its eyes , giving it radiation or exposing it to levels of abuse really upsets me .

Some of these awful experiments may have saved human lives and some may just be to get you hair clean -I like to think we should treat all dosmeticated animals with a high level of regard .Wild animals arnt afforded that same love as a domesticated animal but certainly dont deserve any form of torture-a swift death if hunted .
</div></div>

Have you ever used shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, cologne, toothpaste, lotion, eye drops, etc?

Have you ever known someone you cared about to be saved by a paramedic, doctor, or nurse? Or do you have any vaccines?

If you answered 'yes' to any of the following, you need to realize you are a hypocrite.

My close friend is a Microbiology major, and is getting his masters in Bio-tech. I asked him about how animal testing is done for research on things such as cosmetics, medicine, or vaccine research. Its almost always rats, or rabbits for cosmetics, and animals are rarely hurt. And when they are, they are put down humanely. Usually vaccines and medicines are used on animals with similar cell structure as ours. (Basically, there is a reason apes and humans get aids, but dogs dont. This would require a Microbiology lesson, but that would take to long) When medicine is being tested, they usually are able to find a chimp/dog/pigs-Damned Swine Flu! to test on that are already sick. Sometimes though, they will administer a pathogen to the animals intentionally if that is the only option.

To be clear, I own two dogs, and they are my best pals ever. However, I'm not going to be so ignorant while I type on my 2009 Aluminum Macbook pro, and not realize that it was made 100% conflict free (rare earth minerals, anyone?). Just the same, I'm not going to put on my deodorant every day, or get a vaccine and then advocate the admonishment of animal testing.

Also, someone said something above about the goats being used for training by 18D. This is true, our medics did the same thing right before we deployed. Im grateful that those goats had more of a purpose than to make wool, and gave MY medic better training that he DID use, multiple times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This why everytime one of your friends tell you they bought a puppy with Champion blood lines and they intend to breed it to so and so's Champion blood lines to get rich, or because Betsy will be a good mother to her pups. You should punch them squarely in the head.

You ever think some people breed animals to both improve the bloddline and a money source?