• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm not sure I'd settle out of court.

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida

Given how the situation ended I hate to say it but this isn't time to settle out of court. I just hope they can find some evidence that shows the problem was known for a long time.

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

New cadence.

Cadence leader: I don't know but I've been told

group: I don't know but I've been told

Cadence leader: Asian pussy's might cold

group: Asian pussy's mighty cold

What? Too soon?

Comedy ain't pretty. - Steve Martin

Another reason to always carry…blast your way out! Got stuck in a walk-in once as a pup. Ended up banging the fugly chick I was in there with. Figured if I was goin out…St. Paddy’s day ‘08, I wasn’t sober and she had a great ass but a horrible mug. Not proud.

Another reason to always carry…blast your way out! Got stuck in a walk-in once as a pup. Ended up banging the fugly chick I was in there with. Figured if I was goin out…St. Paddy’s day ‘08, I wasn’t sober and she had a great ass but a horrible mug. Not proud.
    No shame in banging a butter face.

There's usually an axe inside the walk in freezers. But sometimes the person is kinda small and can't swing it for effect.

That is pretty sad.

After I graduated from high school and before I went to college, I spent a couple years as the GM of a Pizza Restaurant. During that time I was responsible for scheduling repairs in the restaurant I was responsible for.

Could be a reason they are only seeking 1 million. They may be hoping for an easy settlement because they don't have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: Oldloser
    Story time:

In another lifetime I worked for a bank. My job was to run around keep things like teller machines, ATM's, phone systems up and running. One day I was there putting in a new phone system and programming the new switch. Everyone knew I was there but I guess they forgot about me in the basement. They went home and locked up. I go upstairs figuring the Mgr was waiting for me and the alarms went off, good Christ they are loud. About the entire KCK police force shows up and point guns at me. I am sitting there with my fingers in my ears trying to tell them I work there, but they for some reason are not buying it. They bust the glass to get in, I am in cuffs and they are digging through my bags finding all kinds of "tech" tools....hmm perhaps he is the phone guy. The entire branch went to the wedding of someone else that worked there, this is roughly 1990 so not everyone had a cell phone, but I did as I was always on the road. The cops let me call my boss, and to make an understatement he was HOT.

About an hour and a half later, one of the VP's show up....big shots usually know the tech guys and I knew him....for the life of me I can't remember his name. He gets everything shut down, and the cops are happy, but he is not real happy, the branch has a busted door. Can't really leave it like that. Still can't get the manager. He calls the guard service we use and we pay a guard to sit in the branch all night till the "door fix it guy" can get there. Cheaper to pay the guard then after hours door guy.

I go home, and get a paid week of vac for all the shit I went through, the manager and asst lost their jobs. And somehow this is all my fault, I checked in, and a few of the tellers and personals knew it, but they are still pissed at me.

I went back to that branch once, the the evil vibes I got was not worth it, I told my boss I would not step foot in that branch again as they all blame me for what happened. He was understanding about it, but made me go anyway. I quit not long after that.

man damn. i manage a cold storage warehouse and when i walk in these freezers ( ours are -10) i couldn't imagine going out like that.

They're only suing for $1m?

Arby's will move fast to make this go away.
    This happened about 20 minutes from me. Suing for 1 million, yes. Jury will award way more than that. Attorney gets 30%, he shouldn’t be foolish enough to settle. Current and past employees claim that the freezer had been like that for some time and numerous work orders were sent to franchisee to fix.

I felt almost the same way after eating there food I wanted to beat my head against a wall for paying that much for such bad roast beef . the fact they found her body is surprising to me , I would have thought there would be nothing left after they made that days food I am sure that' what the owner of the franchise wishes happened . I also thought all meat lockers built in the past 20 years did not lock or had to have safety releases from the inside so that did not happen , but who knows .

So, who, between you and the asian lady, suffered a more horrific fate?

Damn, I am on a roll. Maybe an egg roll.

"Oo, somebody stop me!"

• Haha
    Reactions: FWoo45

Fuck, I think I am gonna have to carry one of TheHacksmith's REAL and FULLY FUNCTIONAL plasma sabers. (Yes they are real lightsabers). 4000° celcius blade of pure heat cutting through steel like butter.

I can actually see these proto-lightsabers being used in the industrial setting and maybe even alongside rescue equipment like the Jaws of Life for tasks where there is little danger of infrared heat and sparks to a trapped victim.

That is pretty sad.

After I graduated from high school and before I went to college, I spent a couple years as the GM of a Pizza Restaurant. During that time I was responsible for scheduling repairs in the restaurant I was responsible for.

Could be a reason they are only seeking 1 million. They may be hoping for an easy settlement because they don't have a leg to stand on.
    I was thinking the same. I managed a McDonalds in college. I was 100 % accountable for making sure everything worked perfectly. I had a PCMS schedule that I followed and passing monthly scheduled and spot inspections was part of my bonus. I had a list of approved vendors and called them when I needed something done. And a regional maintenance dude I could call on.

First question I’d ask as an attorney is where is the maintenance policy and was it followed by upper management?

Unfortunately due to the Covid crap and huge infusion of non n native born staff, rigorous adherence to policies and corporate procedures along with constant and effective training has falllen off in a lot of service industries.

you might not have many choice , but to spending a million dollars in legal fees just to win a million dollars does not seem so smart , most companies already have lawyers at there beck and call the average person not so much . if the company can drag out a court case long enough many people will settle for peanuts just to have it over with rather than spending the next 5 years or more in court .