• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im offended....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Received the following from the town superintendent of schools.....

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Within the past few weeks, we have received feedback from parents regarding the decision to eliminate costumes as part of third graders’ Colonial Day experience. While there were many families who welcomed this change, there were other families who felt that the change so close to the event did not seem reasonable given the time and resources parents had already put into planning their child’s costume.

The intent of the original decision was to create a more inclusive experience for all students in response to concerns expressed by families and community members who believe that because of their family’s history or cultural heritage, the historical narrative of Colonial Day has not been reflective of what their ancestors may have experienced. We realize, however, that information about this change could have been communicated more clearly, earlier in the year, and have been informed by additional input from parents and community members.

For this year, therefore, in the elementary schools that have a "Colonial Day", students will be given the option of wearing a colonial costume, but will not be required to do so. Students are also welcome to dress in a manner that represents their culture and heritage.

Next fall, we will convene a committee of parents, teachers, and administrators to examine Colonial Day as an event - how it fits into the social studies curriculum and how it can be meaningful, relevant, and inclusive for all students. We apologize for any undue stress or confusion that the recent announced change may have caused. We hope to use this experience to create a wider dialogue about issues of diversity and multiculturalism in our schools.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Bodie, Ed.D.

Superintendent of Schools

Keep in mind that my town was formerly known as Menotomy and it was the scene of the biggest battles on April 19,1775. As the British retreated from Concord, the Regulars had been harassed and were in a mood to kill. The Minuteman in Arlington by this time had news of what was happening in the immediate west, they were also a bit pissed off. 80 plus year old Samuel whittemore was a good example of what the British faced....

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/whittemore.html

But now we should bury Sam Whittemore again because our country's history isn't what someone that came here to be part of the country finds consistent with their past.

Am I racist for wondering "Than why did you come here if you want us to be like what you left?"

This shit needs to stop. Good people need to learn how to be more of an irritant than these assholes are.

We can't have "Colonial Day".........(just in case, sarcasm here) it might offend somebody! Don't worry, they'll just re-write history for next year. I hope you wrote MS. Bodie back!

Thankfully not all schools in NE follow this distorted mantra. My daughter's middle school has a pretty rich colonial day / revolutionary war history day where the kids dress as period figures and explain what their figure did and the importance of it to the secession. My daughter was Betsy herself.

I have a great photo but this site keeps thinking the jpgs are an invalid file format

My ancestors were picking olives in the fields of Greece

Last edited:
    It seems they hit upon an adequate solution right at the beginning....Let those who want to participate do so, those who wish not to, can abstain, and you can wear the type of clothes that fits your place at that time.

I can see how a black person could have a different view. The key is in allowing free expression, or choice not to express anything, not to suppress or oppress anyone.

Wasn't it Walter Cronkite or someone whom always used to end with: "And THAT's, the way it is..."

Until it isn't anymore. "Change", has to change!

I hope you wrote MS. Bodie back!

Working on it, just letting my anger seethe.

My last battle with her was when she advocated active support for Black Lives Matter. Never heard back from her after the two police officers in New York were ambushed.

I had a bad day yesterday. In addition to this I saw a Mom my wife had just brought up as seeming "cold" walking down the street carrying a hand full of "RESIST" bumper stickers. I told my wife that she seems cold because she has nothing in common with us and doesn't understand us. When I asked what this women does for work I was told she teaches two or three yoga classes a week. So basically she works out and stays angry about the November election results.

While at my daughters soccer practice I overheard another women loud talking on her cell phone about the elections in France and Europe in general. From her I learned that LePen only wants to keep France white and "people in the world just want to be something else so we should just let the move to where they want to move so they can be what they want to be".

So its okay to be something other than you are but its wrong to be what you currently are......

Before long, Boston will celebrate Repressives Day and the Kraft family will own the NFL's New England Instigators.

It seems they hit upon an adequate solution right at the beginning....Let those who want to participate do so, those who wish not to, can abstain, and you can wear the type of clothes that fits your place at that time.

I can see how a black person could have a different view. The key is in allowing free expression, or choice not to express anything, not to suppress or oppress anyone.

There you go talkin' common sense again........It'll never fly.......

Pmclaine, Write the angry letter, just don't send it. Write it, read it, enjoy the hate you unleashed and then delete and write the letter you need to. It's therapeutic.

019_Whittling_500.gif

Except that instead they are shit canning the whole project next year if there is no backlash. Why does everyone have to respond to "many" who are actually one? Answer because it meets the agenda of the politicized school super.

No one has ever been forced to dress up. Its already voluntary. I went to the same school my kids now attend we never did all this dress up shit, we had text books and tests. These ass hats "award" pyjama day when the teachers decide they need a break. I cringe when I hear its pyjama day - gives me disturbing thoughts about a leering janitor.

Don't let the coasts fool you that their "vaunted" school systems are worthy. Its over priced day care. I get more out of after school education we pay for and field trips we take the kids on.

#resist. Next year, send them to school in their colonial day costumes. As you said, it is voluntary...

It always starts as a seemingly innocuous request to be "all inclusive" for all the "children".
    Banning flags and history.
    I wonder why everyone else's history/culture is to be celebrated but ours.
    After all, how many other countries have people breaking in?
    But once here they want a change.
    The obvious answer is they want to keep their baggage and enjoy the "benefits" of being an "immigrant".
    I would quote Teddy but you all have seen it.

R

Last edited:
    The problem was blindingly evident in the signature line; 'Ed.D.' , I don't think Kathleen ever had to show a profit, or make a payroll. The problem is the collective 'we' (I'm not a member) is so afraid 'we' MIGHT offend someone. I doubt Kathleen has ever had to tell someone to screw off and go deal with THEIR problem. At what point do we start to tell people if they have a problem with our parties/celebrations/culture, feel free to not participate, and we'll do the same with theirs.

Well, saying they did the research and found out about their actual history and then assumed the identity of one of their own ancestors, then perhaps some would be slaves, indentured servants, soldiers, criminals --all walks of life. It's history, it's not personal! Besides, having kids show up dressed as slaves and telling THEIR story IS history and everyone will learn from that. Same with indentured servants. And criminals. It paints a whole picture. You can't whitewash it. I get the feeling the people who don't want it are all wound up in this racism shit.

This stuff has to be examined in the proper light, not as a referendum against current political bullshit. It's history for fuck's sake.

And yeah, I agree, if it's a BIG problem, then keep your kid at home. This computer generation is really bumming me out. People need to stop apologizing for every little thing too.

25 April 2017

Dear Superintendent Bodie,

I am writing to inform you that your stenographer has done you a great disservice in your recent correspondence concerning “Colonial Day” in the Arlington Public School systems. I am sure you asked someone to address this matter in your name but what they sent out was really offensive to me personally. I am hoping you can clarify that what was written was not your intent and the record will be cleared.

In general I am no fan of the dress up days scheduled at school such as “Pajama Day” or “Pirate Day”. I see no value in those events other than to detract from the learning mindset. Colonial Day actually provides the kids with a chance to gain an understanding of the early history of this country and the important role of this area in particular from the perspective of a Colonial boy or girl. Colonial Day reinforces experiences from the Plimoth Plantation field trip and connects the kids to the important events that occurred in Arlington and the surrounding area at the inauguration of our Country. It is my understanding that the dress up requirement has always been voluntary.

The correspondence in your name indicates that peoples concern about the Colonial Day experience is limited to the fact that not enough time was provided concerning the elimination of costumes and some parents and students would be inconvenienced after preparing costumes and displays to enrich the educational potential. This is a gross misunderstanding of what is concerning parents like me. What is concerning to me is the intimation that the Colonial Period is not something to be celebrated or should be looked upon as something shameful.

History is fact. We cannot apply our current moral standards to the past. In order to truly educate our kids they need to learn the good and the bad that was reality at that period of time. At this stage, in third grade, we need to let the kids experience the child’s view of what it was like to be a colonial girl or boy without trying to ruin the experience by imposing an agenda. There will be a time later in their educational experience when they can learn about the changes in society morals and if done in an unbiased manner I think they will truly appreciate how the establishment of the United States after the Colonial Period put this country on a unique path that is accepting of all and values the freedom of the individual unlike any other country.

To expect Colonial Day to be representative of every culture or heritage is as big an error as me going to an August 15 celebration of Indian Independence Day dressed up as Uncle Sam expecting my culture to be recognized. There are already rich characters in the Colonial Period such as Masasoit, Squanto, Christopher Seider, Crispus Attucks, Mother Batherick, Molly Pitcher, Nancy Hart and Samuel Whittemore. Through their examples a measure of diversity can be exemplified while staying true to the history of the period and not confusing the kids by introducing cultures that played no role in this context solely as a means to be “inclusive”.

There will come a time when the education of the kids will include the failings of the Founding Fathers to bring their vision of freedom to everyone in the new found United States but at least while the kids are in third grade can we hold off on the agendas and just let them experience how a Colonial child learned from a horn book, what games they played, what they ate and how they lived in turbulent times?

Respectfully,

Well done. I bet it was hard to not include "commie dyke" somewhere in your response.

Sounds like you should send your kids to private school

They would love that.

Than they can tax the crap out of me and have me not using any of the resources.

It would be like a straight donation to the Communist Party.

The people at the top know exactly what they are doing. What's disturbing is the Stepford teachers that parrot the buzzwords "new paradigm", "modern metrics", "STEM based".

They are non thinking robots that are in for a crushing realization of the damage creating machine they were part of. Useful idiots.

If you have a pickup truck you could create an "anti establishment" diorama in the bed, complete with gallows and noose , and a red coat with a striking resemblance to school admin "swinging to the oldies." It'd be awesome in car rider line.

You might mention that most every major group of people have revolted in the last 1000 years so instead of creating differences they might consider sharing similarities. How if people don't ban together they find themselves opressed and impoverished world wide. No matter if your a cracker, a coon, a kike, a pyramid nigger, a boong, a chink, a jap, a gook, a spic, a slantie, a greaser, or a timber nigger we've all had to rise up and we should celebrate our similarties. Revolt day should be estabilished. It'd be revolting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk0

Common theme nowadays seems like. Used to be we were the envy of the world. Nowadays people like to be anything but American and little victim bitches. I agree with others you can resist too.

Am I racist for wondering "Than why did you come here if you want us to be like what you left?"

My father in law was born in Cairo Egypt. He is not a Christian. He is swarthy. I'll never forget when he announced at Thanksgiving one year how he wanted a "white, Christian, male" as president. "Because they made America what it is." And he couldn't for the life of him figure out why everyone was trying to turn the USA into "the crap-holes we fled."

And feel free to PM me if you and yours have ever thought about homeschooling. Our kid knew how to identify a hexagon at one year old. And has been reading (not Dick and Jane -- READING) since age three. Best. Decision. Evah!

Edit: While my wife and I believe (truly) in God, and say prayers daily, many people associate homeschoolers with "Bible Thumpers" and are turned off homeschooling because of it. My wife and I both also have degrees containing the word "Doctor", and still recommend homeschooling for academic reasons even if you (not you pmclain -- people in general) love the idea of your kid getting lefty, atheist, brainwashing/programming for 12 extra years (including the four they'll get in college (maybe not if they go to Hillsdale)).

Last edited:
    Working on it, just letting my anger seethe.

My last battle with her was when she advocated active support for Black Lives Matter. Never heard back from her after the two police officers in New York were ambushed.

I had a bad day yesterday. In addition to this I saw a Mom my wife had just brought up as seeming "cold" walking down the street carrying a hand full of "RESIST" bumper stickers. I told my wife that she seems cold because she has nothing in common with us and doesn't understand us. When I asked what this women does for work I was told she teaches two or three yoga classes a week. So basically she works out and stays angry about the November election results.

While at my daughters soccer practice I overheard another women loud talking on her cell phone about the elections in France and Europe in general. From her I learned that LePen only wants to keep France white and "people in the world just want to be something else so we should just let the move to where they want to move so they can be what they want to be".

So its okay to be something other than you are but its wrong to be what you currently are......

Tell that woman LePen stands for diversity. Tell her she must be against diversity because she supports a Europe with only one culture and language, not over a dozen. The culture will be, of course, Islam. Because native Europeans don't make enough babies to replace their dead. The Muslim immigrants make a surplus. This is not my opinion, this is fact. Germany and France will not be German or French in fifty years. Europe will have a monoculture. My biggest concern here is that France has nuclear weapons.

And don't be afraid to speak up. I saw my last invite to parties thrown by an old friend when I overheard some woman telling another how great it was that they didn't keep score during sports at her kid's school. I turned around, looked her square in the eye, and told her how I thought she was ruining her kid. After learning this friend's wife voted for Obama I happened to ask her "what the fuck were you thinking?" So maybe that was the last straw. Either way, are these really the friends we need? Be strong and make them feel like the pariahs -- not us.

Last edited:
    "We hope to use this experience to create a wider dialogue about issues of diversity and multiculturalism in our schools."

"
    Dialogue" in cases like this always means "Lecture".

"We hope to use this experience to create a wider dialogue about issues of diversity and multiculturalism in our schools."

"
    Dialogue" in cases like this always means "Lecture".

Boy, isn't that the truth? The leftist talking heads are always saying, "We need to have a conversation in this country about _______," (insert their favorite social justice topic - race, wealth, etc.). It sounds reasonable, but their idea of a "conversation" always means they want to silence their opposition, do all the talking, and control all messaging on the topic. The term sounds good because it implies a two-way communication, presumably to find middle ground, but there is no allowance for any opposing ideas in their definition of the term.

Boy, isn't that the truth? The leftist talking heads are always saying, "We need to have a conversation in this country about _______," (insert their favorite social justice topic - race, wealth, etc.). It sounds reasonable, but their idea of a "conversation" always means they want to silence their opposition, do all the talking, and control all messaging on the topic. The term sounds good because it implies a two-way communication, presumably to find middle ground, but there is no allowance for any opposing ideas in their definition of the term.

I have never heard it said better! Thanks.

I had to pick up my kids early for Drs appointments on Friday and their principle was there.

She said she got my letter. I asked if there were others and the secretary interjected "Have you been on the Arlington List?" That's some sort of a town chat box I guess and people are not happy.

I think my daughter will get to do Colonial Day and I'm betting next year it just won't make it on the schedule.