• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm officially boycotting "The Big Apple" (store.)

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
Being a nice afternoon and needing beer, I invited my wife to walk down to The Big Apple with me. It's not my favorite store, but it's close, and as such, we go there a couple times a week. I grabbed a 6'er of Magic Hat, and a carton of eggs, and head to the register. The cashier asked to see our ID's, so I handed her mine, and my wife explained that she didn't have one on her (we had walked down and she didn't bring her purse, plus, she wasn't buying anything.) The cashier states she can't sell me the beer because my wife doesn't have ID. My wife pipes up "but I'm fourty-one." The cashier states that it is company policy to collect ID from all parties involved. I pipe in with "why, to prevent a husband from legally buying beer for his wife? This isn't even a fucking law!" Nope. Not gonna sell it to me. She asked if I still wanted my eggs.

Moral of the story: she did NOT sell me beer. My wife has been in before on multiple occasions, to buy me beer and herself the occasional bottle of wine, so they have seen her face, her ID, and knew she was of age. Because of stupid policies, I will never be doing business with The Big Apple again. And that is a FACT.

Ohhh..... The possibilities for you were almost endless on that one.

For example, you could have opened one of the beers, handed it to your wife, then asked if management has a policy on remaining in the store with an open container.

You should have given her a throat punch then immediately went into a round house kick as she dropped.

It would have been lesson learned in 2.8 seconds.

But alas, I am not Chuck Norris, and I do not have the skill.

Besides, it is not the cashiers fault, she is just following (fucking retarded) store policy. I can't with good conscience blame the cashier.

Normally I could see the point of a company when it came to something like this, because of stupid people suing them and legalities and such, but since it involves beer it makes absolutely no sense.

I'm officially boycotting "The Big Apple" (store.)

I was at the store some time ago, buying beer. The girl behind the counter said that she is supposed to see ID from anyone who looks to be under 30. I thanked her for not bothering to ask me for any, then. She replied that she needs to see proof of my birthday. I told her that the proof is right here in front if her, alive and breathing. Then I handed her the money. She shook her head, entered a bogus birth date into the store computer, and handed me the change.

wow all that anger over a company policy that has to be in place to protect against bs lawsuits dont blame the company its society that has brought that about

got a similar story for you

i picked up my lady from work (nurse at a hospital) and stopped by trader joes

picked up some stuff for dinner and six pack.

go to the counter and they will not sell to us since she does not have her ID. but she has her hospital badge on showing she is an RN. i HIGHLY doubt there are many RN's under 21.

Whatever, so we go out to the car, and i come back inside without her. They still would not sell me the beer!!!! WTF!!!

by their dumbass logic, i should never be able to go back into the store to buy alcohol (unless she comes with me and has her id)

You should have given her a throat punch then immediately went into a round house kick as she dropped.

It would have been lesson learned in 2.8 seconds.

The visualization I have of that going down is awesome. That would need to be followed by" any one else need to see my wife's ID?"

I can't stand B.S. store policies like this. Granted i'm not 21 yet but have had similar experiences. Once I was at Kroger with a buddy of mine and we were each buying grocery's (separately) and he was buying some dip too and we were talking to each other in line about school and the cashier asked to see both of our ID's. We were both equally confused and asked why. The cashier said some bullshit about how it seemed like we knew eachother and he could be buying the dip for me if I was under 18 (which I wasn't).

Then a couple weeks ago I had the last brick of .22 ammo the new field and stream store in pittsburgh had for $23 and when I went to check out the cashier asked me for my date of birth so I told her and then she informed me that she wasn't allowed to sell it to me because I was under 21. When I asked her why, she said because there's a new PA law that restricted the sale of .22 ammo to people over 21 because it could be used in a pistol. I said well I can't even buy a pistol, and I have 2 .22 rifles in my car at this very moment and I can't buy ammo for them? She replied "nope". So I said screw it and left the store. Meanwhile, whenever Dunham's has at .22 I buy it there all the time.

How @#$%ing stupid! Its blatantly idiotic policies/procedures like that one that I hope will lead to the ruination of some businesses. Congrats on taking a stand and saying "NO MORE...NEVER AGAIN!"

If not the throat punch LL recommended, and while it may not have been her fault for being a sheeple and following a stupid policy, the cashier would've at least been cleaning up a dozen eggs that "slipped" rather deliberately onto her register/checkout line/the surrounding area!

Don't be a 'Sgt. Slaughter' and punish the hourly wage earner just doing their job; they probably know the policy is stupid but they need the paycheck so they follow The Man's rules.

I would smiled and took the beer back to the place where I them picked it up, then proceeded to drink them one by one, returning to the cash register with empty cans and had my wife pay for them.

Last week I was asked for ID to buy a can of Copenhagen.
I asked why and the stupid twit behind the counter said it was company policy to check every persons ID as I might not be 18.
I lost it and hollered,"Someone here must have a fucking brain and it sure as hell isn't you. Obviously I am not 18."
I am 65 years old and look like every day of my life was a rough day.
I told them you can't cure stupid and "Get Fucked."
I will never go there again. FUKM

Last week I was asked for ID to buy a can of Copenhagen.
I asked why and the stupid twit behind the counter said it was company policy to check every persons ID as I might not be 18.
I lost it and hollered,"Someone here must have a fucking brain and it sure as hell isn't you. Obviously I am not 18."
I am 65 years old and look like every day of my life was a rough day.
I told them you can't cure stupid and "Get Fucked."
I will never go there again. FUKM

I burst out laughing when I read this. Thanks

Yeah I got carded in Wal-Mart for snuff. I asked the girl how many people under 18 had she ever seen with this much gray hair on their chest, in their beard, and on their head. She said well some people get grey hair early. I told her yep, and some people NEVER grow a brain. Now my wife gets carded every time she has ever bought me beer. Great to be married to a woman who looks that young at 39 :)

...all this rap to buy some beer?
we can buy even heroin almost everywhere,7/7-24/24, here : cash only needed, no ID's_
go figure..

Fight for your Rights !

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. His wife was purchasing the beer and he simply denied being with her. The cashier was dumbstruck and proceeded with the sale.

So if I go buy groceries and have my 8 year old with me, I can't buy beer?

That's what I was wondering. If my 14 year old stepson was with me, am I not able to buy beer?

Some bullshit rules lawyer making policies like that, and a dumbass lemming employee following them.

What the fuck is a "Big Apple"? I thought you were talking about a mac superstore...

And definitely a big +1 on "if your kids are there, could you have bought it". I would have to say that cashier was dumb as fuck and had no clue what she was talking about. I would have sat there until a manager came over and told me I couldn't make the purchase, then have used LL's dick trick...

I woulda pulled down me drawers and dropped a massive cornback rattler right there in the checkout lane, then walked away