• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm ordering custom ammo, tired of chasing ammo, only $10 extra!

flyingbrass

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2013
I've got a 300 PRC and I'm tired of chasing ammo. I ordered one box of Hornady ELD-X 212 grain but Midway USA would only let me order one box over a long period of time. So, I ordered from Hendershots, Extreme Ammunition. Reloader26 powder with Accubond long range 210 grain so I feel like it is worth paying an extra $10 a box or so to not have to chase ammo all the time. I've seen it a million times. Buddy orders 2 boxes of ammo and shoots one box to sight in his gun then hunts with the second box. Then, next year he has to do the same thing with a different type of ammo since you can never get the same thing twice. I reloaded for 15 years and I think I'd rather spend my time shooting and not reloading. I'm thankful for all I learned reolading. Any thoughts on elk bullets for 300 PRC? Any thoughts on custom ammo is appreciated.

Reactions: SHModeration
Custom ammo takes time and money as well. You tell them you’re caliber, they send you 5 rounds in 10 different charges, once you find that, then they send you 20 rounds of different lengths, then you order x amount of boxes of ammo with your weight and length, It takes a while because of the back and forth for custom ammo. Then once your weapon starts spending up you have to change your charge all over.

I have all the reloading equipment as well, but when factory eldx’s shoot 1/2” or better out of every rifle I have I also wonder why I reload. Then I think about the money I save per round by reloading. I’m at about 85 cent a round for my reloads. I normally have 200 plus of hunting ammo on hand per rifle.

So if you have the money go for it. I just hate knowing that those 10 shots of factory ammo cost me $32.50 for ammo, $15 in range fees, and $30 in diesel to get to the range just to check my dope. (More if you buy custom ammo less if you reload)

Here’s a link for 5 years of 300 PRC ammo going by your math.

Reactions: flyingbrass