• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm purchasing a Surgeon Remedy (have a ?)

trpr154

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2009
KS
I just put half down on a new Surgeon Remedy 338 Lapua rifle. I need to decide which Mcmillan stock to use. If anyone has opinions on Surgeon rifles, owns one and can post pics. I need to figure out which stock, and metal finish with it. These are the three possibilites Surgeon has in stock for an A5.

SurgeonStocks.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Re: I'm purchasing a Surgeon Remedy (have a ?)

The top w/od or bottom w/ tan or dark earth metal would be my pick for a hunting stick depending on the colors in your AO. The middle one would make a nice looking range gun with unfinished or black metal.

Fill out your profile.
PS- I hate you. Just kidding, lucky bastage.

I agree with niles ..... if your looking to hunt do either the top or bottom with whatever area you are looking to hunt in

Niles, I'm with you. The to looks like the KMW color scheme. They're all nice. If it were me, I would be posting the same question. Congrats and good luck.

Top stock..My buddy has a surgeon with that stock. That is the nicest color stock I have seen. IMO

Top stock would be my choice.Close to the colors I have chosen on my Mcmillian stocks.

Thanks for all the input. I'm still not 100% sure, but I think I've decided on the bottom stock with dark earth metal. My AO is in western KS. Which both the bottom or top stock would work well in depending on the time of year. I might use it for hunting, but it will mainly be used at the range. Nolo263 you wouldn't happen to have a pic of your buddies rifle, or maybe he could post it here. It probably would just make my decision that much more difficult.

top with Coyote Tan metal. Make sure to have your rings done at the same time.

I'd thought about the rings. What would you do about the scope? I wouldn't want everything to be Tan and the scope be black.

I have seen the a Surgeon XL in the middle stock with black metal and it is very sharp. Not to mention it is something that you are not going to see everyday.

Camo should not be a issue by the way, you are going to be shooting shit from so far away with that rifle it could be bright yellow!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All three are very sharp but I have to say the middle would be my pick for sure.

Oneshot

I saw that bottom stock when i visited surgeon the other day. It looks killer and even better from a distance.

I like the top one, it's closest to mine. The middle looks pretty good but is very dark, and the bottom one is way too light for some of the areas around here. But, that really doesn't matter for most of us here, it's just about what you like best anyway. They'd all look good.

Here's mine with an action in it, for reference.

260003.jpg

I talked with surgeon today. They are great to work with, I actually bothered them several times. They sent me a pic of the bottom stock (surgeon coyote). I think it's going to be my final choice, but then they told me in a few weeks they will have AI stocks in for their Surgeon XL's. GRRRR decisions.

100_1471.jpg

heres about what the top one would look like.this is mine.
DSCF1616.jpg

I like that stock also. Is it 60 olive, 20 black, 20 tan? The top one has 20 grey instead of black. Surgeon said they weren't carrying the one with black anymore. I'm not sure why? Your rifle looks killer. Thanks for making it that much harder to decide. lol

Hahaha yea I think I got the last one. I like the tan one to tho but it's kinda useless camo in Louisiana. Thanks for the comments.

I like the bottom one out of those. I have opted for Manners T4A and will go for Dark Earth stock and Metal. I like Dark Earth and I think your metal in Dark Earth and the bottom stock would look great.

That was my final decision this afternoon. I called and confirmed it with surgeon. The bottom stock (coyote), with dark earth metal. Should look just like the rifle in the pic surgeon sent me. it'll be sweet. Just have to wait for surgeon to get more barrels. 2 months out