• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm still shakin!!

Tunni

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
Cheyenne Wy
Tell me what you think would have happened--I bought a new 243lr upper on gun broker and as I'm prepping for the range, I decide to remove the bolt and sight down the barrel, I see nothing, get my cleaning rod out and there is a dirty patch stuck pretty hard half way down barrel, cleaning fluid had dried, took a pretty hard shove to remove. I'm thinking that is nothing I would have wanted if I had fired!! Keep in mind it was sold to me as new upper. It goes without saying, always check that barrel on a unfamiliar rifle, but do we always, I'm thinking no, we don't--well I dodged a bullet this time, but what do you think-I saw a shotgun fired that had snow stuck in end of barrel. What kind of feedback do you think I should leave for seller??

That wouldn't have been pretty. I wonder what kind of solvent they used? I'd patch the barrel to see if that spot feels any different than the rest of the bore.

Absolutely thrash that seller in the feedback, not only a misrepresented upper but dreadfully unsafe as well, if they're a business then this was unprofessional to boot and you deserve a full refund. I would also be interested if you were able to get a bore scope into there to see if there's signs of corrosion in the area the patch was stuck at. Depending on what type of solvent it was, there's likely pitting in there and will never be a good shooter.