• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I'm Such The Chainsaw Connoisseur Apparently

Maser

Trump 2024
Minuteman
  • May 17, 2006
    /pol/
    www.youtube.com
    Yeah, I know I'm taking my detractor's bait and giving them attention they want, but I just can't help but be entertained by their obsession with me. They take living rent free in someone's head to a much more autistic level!

🤡

A 24 hour campfire seems hard to control and very needy. Not sure I need one

Reactions: 300zx_tt
    Stihl MS 361 has worked like a charm for me.
    my 311 has been working well for me
    4C31DEF2-CCA7-41B3-A25D-BC4F9EB63E2A.jpeg

Last edited:
    Hell, I don't even know what brand I last had that I called my own. My oldest son took the engine off it and put it on a scooter and haven't seen it since. I got my own power tools and all, but a chainsaw for me is one of those tools that I just borrow from a neighbor in the morning and bring it back before dinnertime.

I have no idea what this thread is about because I was too lazy to read it, but I do like my stihl 361, it's a great saw, except it did try to kill me once. But a couple of my old girlfriends tried that too, and I really did like them as well, so I don't hold any grudge against the 361.

Where did you touch them to cause this outcry?

The only solid theory I got is they have tried to turn me into a lolcow since I was a teenager. While I may seem like a good candidate for a lolcow, there's one main thing I'm missing that makes it impossible for me to be a true lolcow. And that thing is I don't get triggered and have an internet meltdown about being made fun of. It's just the internet and not real life! True lolcows will literally seek litigation on the basis of libel and/or slander. And if that doesn't work they will do whatever they can to cancel people off social media who make fun of them and even go as far as to ruin people's lives financially by getting them fired from their jobs or ruin partnership or sponsorship deals. None of that faggotry applies to me because if the shit said about me is funny, I'll be the first to laugh and if it's not funny, there's gotta be others who will find it funny and have a good laugh. Doesn't mean I won't call attention to it like I did with this thread. ;)

Reactions: 338dude
    The only solid theory I got is they have tried to turn me into a lolcow since I was a teenager. While I may seem like a good candidate for a lolcow, there's one main thing I'm missing that makes it impossible for me to be a true lolcow. And that thing is I don't get triggered and have an internet meltdown about being made fun of. It's just the internet and not real life! True lolcows will literally seek litigation on the basis of libel and/or slander. And if that doesn't work they will do whatever they can to cancel people off social media who make fun of them and even go as far as to ruin people's lives financially by getting them fired from their jobs or ruin partnership or sponsorship deals. None of that faggotry applies to me because if the shit said about me is funny, I'll be the first to laugh and if it's not funny, there's gotta be others who will find it funny and have a good laugh. Doesn't mean I won't call attention to it like I did with this thread. ;)
    Ok my age or stupidity is probably going to show.

What is a lolcow?

Husky 550 XP, one chainsaw to rule them all.
    And if that's not enough I have a 3120 XP, 120CCs of man killin machine.....with a 4 foot bar.
    I don't think I can even start the 3120 these days, it's a fucking beast.

Reactions: Mr. Z and Jigstick
    Ok my age or stupidity is probably going to show.

What is a lolcow?

You and everyone else reading this should feel fortunate you don't know what it means. Simply put, a lolcow is someone who acts ridiculous in either real life or on the internet or even both! People find entertainment in laughing at said individuals and how they react to being laughed at. Kiwi Farms is a forum literally dedicated to poking fun of lolcows for their antics.

Reactions: Shift Monkey
    I have a 362 m tronic with a 20” bar that’s a monster. And a 194-C with a 12” lite bar that’s got power and light weight. You can cut brush all day with that little saw and it doesn’t bog down like a the 170/180s.

So, do any of you guys use battery powered chainsaws? Todd from Project Farm has done some reviews on them and they seem just as good or even better than gas saws.

So, do any of you guys use battery powered chainsaws? Todd from Project Farm has done some reviews on them and they seem just as good or even better than gas saws.

I run an EGO and I’ve been beyond impressed. It’s so much easier for professional homeowner use.

I even found the “silly light” to be rather useful.

A933C50E-2B7E-422B-8E57-FB422EC128DB.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
    Hey man I don't know shit about that other forum, you or the dude yer arguing with. I do know if your spending all this time to gripe with some kid on one forum and try to bring it to another forum you're probably spending to much time on the internet.

I thought this was going to be a thread on chainsaws.

I'll share my chainsaw story. I have my grandfather's old Homelite super XL automatic chainsaw since I was 16 back in 1996. I've put a ton of hours on that thing every year since. I could have sworn it was the best chainsaw ever made. Early this spring it finally seized up on me. My wife wanted a new pool in the backyard so I had to cut some trees. I thought about finding a rebuild kit or something to get the old homelite going again but was short on time so I figured I would just go over to Lowe's and see what they had. The guy I work with swears by his Husqvarna chainsaw and has helped me on the property with it a few times. I used it a little bit I'll admit it's a nice saw it's light, and very powerful. So I got a medium size Husqvarna from lowes, I'm not sure if the model, but I'll tell you it it amazing. I'd hate to admit it but it absolutely blows the old super XL out of the water. The X cut chain is literally like a razor blade through paper. It's really light and balanced. I don't know if it will last anywhere near the almost 60 years that my trusted old Homelite Super XL Automatic spent ripping down trees on this earth but I kinda like it. I obviously still have the Homelite and will forever. It does feel weird when I grab the new Husqvarna from the shelf and walk by the old homelite

Hey man I don't know shit about that other forum, you or the dude yer arguing with. I do know if your spending all this time to gripe with some kid on one forum and try to bring it to another forum you're probably spending to much time on the internet.

I'll share my chainsaw story. I have my grandfather's old Homelite super XL automatic chainsaw since I was 16 back in 1996. I've put a ton of hours on that thing every year since. I could have sworn it was the best chainsaw ever made. Early this spring it finally seized up on me. My wife wanted a new pool in the backyard so I had to cut some trees. I thought about finding a rebuild kit or something to get the old homelite going again but was short on time so I figured I would just go over to Lowe's and see what they had. The guy I work with swears by his Husqvarna chainsaw and has helped me on the property with it a few times. I used it a little bit I'll admit it's a nice saw it's light, and very powerful. So I got a medium size Husqvarna from lowes, I'm not sure if the model, but I'll tell you it it amazing. I'd hate to admit it but it absolutely blows the old super XL out of the water. The X cut chain is literally like a razor blade through paper. It's really light and balanced. I don't know if it will last anywhere near the almost 60 years that my trusted old Homelite Super XL Automatic spent ripping down trees on this earth but I kinda like it. I obviously still have the Homelite and will forever. It does feel weird when I grab the new Husqvarna from the shelf and walk by the old homelite
    The super xl was a great saw. Wore one out after ~20 years.

Reactions: Buckley and louu

The sad part is I'm not arguing with anybody over there. The even sadder part is I turned 33 2 days ago and the folks over at 24 Hour Campfire who have these meltdowns over my existence are literally people about twice my age! I just thought that thread about me posting chainsaw threads was so random and weird.

And yeah, this thread is about chainsaw talk as well, so have at it! :cool:

I run an EGO and I’ve been beyond impressed. It’s so much easier for professional homeowner use.

I even found the “silly light” to be rather useful.

View attachment 7969525

Yeah, for awhile I been considering selling off my small fleet of corded power tools and switching to all cordless that use the same type of batteries. I've heard nothing but good things about modern cordless power tools. Heard a bit of bitching about the batteries, but seems to be just user's problems. I'm very OCD when it comes to keeping the batteries charged and ready for all my devices and toys that are battery powered so I know I'll have no issues with cordless power tool batteries.

Yeah, for awhile I been considering selling off my small fleet of corded power tools and switching to all cordless that use the same type of batteries. I've heard nothing but good things about modern cordless power tools. Heard a bit of bitching about the batteries, but seems to be just user's problems. I'm very OCD when it comes to keeping the batteries charged and ready for all my devices and toys that are battery powered so I know I'll have no issues with cordless power tool batteries.

Im in “the change” and went with EGO so all my batteries match.

Started w their 650 series leaf blower, that unit is impressive. I’m not a landscaper so battery life isn’t that important but it’s been impressive.

After that I ditched the weed wacker and hedge trimmer.

Only gas unit I have left is the lawn mower but it’s a 4stroke Honda that always starts.

Glad to have those 2 stroke units out of my life.

Batteries are holding up. I’m in my 2nd year of these and I don’t see myself ever going back to cords or mixed gas.

Over the course of many years, I've become a Craftsman chainsaw guy. They start with 1or 2 pulls, and chains are inexpensive. Parts are quite affordable too ! When a carb diaphragm goes, I can replace the whole carb for 12 bucks. Why rebuild an old one ?

I have a broken McCulloch 450 from the 1970s that was was a ripping, snorting, beast for 40 years. Replaced it with a Stihl 362, that is very nice.

The chainsaw hole goes deep.
    I've often lusted after a mastermind ms500i.
    Still rocking the oe 372xp.

24hourcampfire is useful for the classifieds and not much else. Buncha horny old dudes that haven't got laid in 40 years talking about fiber supplements, 270s, and political commentary.

Btw, you can still get old school carbed 372xp and 288s off opeforum shipped from some dude that buys them off the showroom down in south America. Not a bad way to go if you like carbs.

Reactions: XP1K
    2 things with chain saws.

You can always change to better chain.
    The chain just needs to match the bar and drive sprocket.

Oregon bars are great for switching stuff up. Chain by the roll is cheap if you can invest in a few $ in tools. Sharpener and chain tool and you're in business.

Run the right size bar on any saw and it works great. The right size bar will vary depending on what chain you're using and the wood you're cutting.

The average person can get by great with a Stihl 291 or husky 455.

I already have a TT worth of M18 batteries, so I have the pole saw and 16" saw. They're impressive until you run out of 12.0 batteries. Then I'll take gas.

Btw, you can still get old school carbed 372xp and 288s off opeforum shipped from some dude that buys them off the showroom down in south America. Not a bad way to go if you like carbs.

There's a company selling them new on Amazon. Apparently they buy the old husky and Stihl designs and produce them.

Can't for the life of me remember the name, but they have good reviews from average people and bad reviews from actual loggers.

The funny thing is the "most purchased together" is a sticker for the corresponding husky or Stihl.

Shindaiwa591($380 new), basically and echo 590 Timberwolf with a different name, 60cc engine.

And an old craftsman saw from the 80’s. More than adequate for anything I am going to do.

That 591 is a damn good saw, always starts. And has done some work. The old craftsman was my grandpa’s, think its 25cc. Runs like a raped ape.
    image.jpg

There's a company selling them new on Amazon. Apparently they buy the old husky and Stihl designs and produce them.

Can't for the life of me remember the name, but they have good reviews from average people and bad reviews from actual loggers.

The funny thing is the "most purchased together" is a sticker for the corresponding husky or Stihl.
    If you mean the Chinese copy's, I doubt they're buying anybody's anything. I was referring to OEM new in box...

But the Chinese saws can be good if you don't mind tinkering.

If you mean the Chinese copy's, I doubt they're buying anybody's anything. I was referring to OEM new in box...

But the Chinese saws can be good if you don't mind tinkering.

I was just warning, as they make an orange and blue, and the orange would be way easy to slap a new sticker on and misrepresent.

I've even seen the blue ones sold as "custom died plastics". Which is painful when there are saw shops custom dieing plastic.

Reactions: CaptArab

The old Homelite Super XL saws were excellent saws, the place I worked for had at least 60 of
    them that ran fine despite being abused by the employees. Only thing that killed them was straight gas.

I still have and use a very old Homelite super2, it is my workhorse because its nice and light
    and still has good power. I also have a Husky 562xp for bigger stuff, it has crazy power
    and surprisingly the electronic carb has worked flawlessly. No carb adjustments for changing condition's.

Reactions: louu
    Shindaiwa591($380 new), basically and echo 590 Timberwolf with a different name, 60cc engine.

And an old craftsman saw from the 80’s. More than adequate for anything I am going to do.

That 591 is a damn good saw, always starts. And has done some work. The old craftsman was my grandpa’s, think its 25cc. Runs like a raped ape. View attachment 7970068

The small one may say Craftsman but when you take off the makeup its a Poulan.
    Maybe @TheHorta would want to buy it.

2 things with chain saws.

You can always change to better chain.
    The chain just needs to match the bar and drive sprocket.

Oregon bars are great for switching stuff up. Chain by the roll is cheap if you can invest in a few $ in tools. Sharpener and chain tool and you're in business.

Run the right size bar on any saw and it works great. The right size bar will vary depending on what chain you're using and the wood you're cutting.

The average person can get by great with a Stihl 291 or husky 455.

I already have a TT worth of M18 batteries, so I have the pole saw and 16" saw. They're impressive until you run out of 12.0 batteries. Then I'll take gas.
    If somebody wants a 291 and of the buy once cry once mentality tell them to go 261. Same power (technically more according to Stihls chart) using less cc's and same weight as the 251.

That 591 is a damn good saw, always starts. And has done some work. The old craftsman was my grandpa’s, think its 25cc. Runs like a raped ape. View attachment 7970068
    i bought a little echo cs 3510 for clearing trails and it has impressed me big time, big fan of echo/shindaiwa
    BEEDC1F7-93A1-4E96-84FF-B1A0F85B86F2.jpeg

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
    18in and under for regular residential use, just can't beat a modern electric saw.

I love the gas saw as well so don't get me wrong. For most residential users however, buying a Stihl is like buying a Chevy 3500 HD when you don't tow shit.

Yeah it's cool and all, but more to make you look like something, rather than to actually just get the job done.

18in and under for regular residential use, just can't beat a modern electric saw.

I love the gas saw as well so don't get me wrong. For most residential users however, buying a Stihl is like buying a Chevy 3500 HD when you don't tow shit.

Yeah it's cool and all, but more to make you look like something, rather than to actually just get the job done.
    For residential use you really cant beat an electric saw.

Until a Hurricane comes...

1664932938868.jpeg

Black n decker makes a corded pole saw that is great for limbing. About $100.

It can also be removed from the pole and used as a regular corded saw.

• Wow
    Reactions: tomcatmv
    Until a Hurricane comes...

View attachment 7970262

Black n decker makes a corded pole saw that is great for limbing. About $100.

It can also be removed from the pole and used as a regular corded saw.

I'm pretty wooded here too. Check out a few of the main brand brushless 18in electrics. If you haven't, you will come away impressed, I think.

As long as you have electricity to charge.... But I'd also assume people in those areas have generators anyways, so likely moot.

I'm pretty wooded here too. Check out a few of the main brand brushless 18in electrics. If you haven't, you will come away impressed, I think.

As long as you have electricity to charge.... But I'd also assume people in those areas have generators anyways, so likely moot.
    I have. They do work. But they don’t cut like their gas powered brethren.

After a Hurricane, I aint dragging around a generator or an inverter to charge batteries so I can run a saw... I’ll take a gas can.

This is a gun and shooting website right?
    How about an 18 inch remington
    1664971558640.png

If somebody wants a 291 and of the buy once cry once mentality tell them to go 261. Same power (technically more according to Stihls chart) using less cc's and same weight as the 251.

Most people (me included) go into our local dealer and grab one of the $4-500 options. So those are the ones that are easy to recommend.

I'll admit, I grabbed a 291 for my first because my Dad has a 029 from the early 90s that is still chugging along without fail.

Reactions: LeftyJason

I have a Dewalt 60v chainsaw I just got to take care of a tree that was leaning on the house after a monsoon in Arizona - it worked well enough for the job though it wasn't like my dad's old Craftsman - have multiple batteries and keep the spares in the shade - battery stopped working due to heat (was 95-100...) though was fine later after cooling off

Reactions: Thomphy77