• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Images from the Ritter & Stark ELR Event

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    This past weekend I want to the Felix Canyon Ranch outside Roswell New Mexico to attend an ELR Event put on by Ritter & Stark.

The goal was to highlight their SX-1 Multi-Caliber Rifle, basically, a factory 338LM Rifle using Factory Ammo in order to demonstrate the capabilities. A full review of the rife will be coming as well as an AAR article on the entire weekend. I just returned so once I have it all put together, until then.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-2.jpg
    Jens pointing out the target too Ray from TBAC. Ray and I partnered up for the event.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-3.jpg
    Our Target, we started out shooting 4000 yards, and this target is 40" square. we reached it, but no hits, Ray managed to splatter the target and chip the paint, but again, no hits. We needed 353 MOA to reach this target with a 300gr going 2750fps,

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-4.jpg
    Our Rifle, the Ritter & Stark SX-1, I supplied the S&B 3-27x scope. Ray brought TBAC 338 Suppressors for everyone.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1.jpg
    Ray shooting at 4000 yards, with the Taco Charlie Unit (300MOA) on the front you need to elevate the rifle as it looks at the ground. Later we moved to a different position that didn't require this, as it was pretty clear 4000 yards needed custom loaded ammunition. it was not completely unpredictable, the wind was super tough, and the vertical spread exceeded 1.5 MILS, a LOT.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-9.jpg

After Moving back to 2600 yards, Charlie drew first blood on the plate. 3 hits.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-5.jpg
    Thomas zeroing his rifle. Factory Prime was used a lot and got us a bunch of hits on target. However, it was slower than the other factory ammo.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-8.jpg

Target Cam to confirm hits, the unit was of course shot and hit. Everything downrange gets shot

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-10.jpg

Last Day at 2600 yards, Ray and I managed the most hits on target. We each fired 5 shots, both got 4 hits on steel. Originally without the target cam, my hit at the very bottom was called a miss as it splashed the ground hard. Upon inspection, we both hit it 4 times. Vertical spread again bit us, one round always dropped about 3ft low.

SH_HD_R&SELREvent-1-11.jpg

The Crew...

Here was the Not a Hit Vid...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsnipershidellc%2Fvideos%2F10155939174557953%2F&show_ text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Ray's recovered bullet

24993438_10155941051627953_7545560666062332125_n.jpg?oh=8e324f52c6d1b277141ab4347529f7dd&oe=5A...jpg

Thanks for coming out Frank! It was a hell of a good time that we are gonna have to make happen again soon.

Awesome shooting with you. We need to step it out that far a little more often to stay in tune. I'll take 8 out of 10 though.

What were the opinions on the Ritter and Stark rifles?

Great shooting. I am curious what the reticles are in the two pictured scopes, 3-27 and the NF Beast? As well as how they performed at those distances. With that much elevation there was obviously a need to hold some elevation. Also was the 27 & 25 magnification enough for those ranges? Would a 35x NF or a 45x S&B have been any benefit?

The S&B Frank and I used was a MOA scope. I kept it down around 20x when shooting maybe a little less. We had the TACO units for the added elevation. The rifle shot fine. Very adjustable to get to fit right. Ammo was our weak link.

I also shot the scope around 20x, more magnification is not the answer to ELR Shooting. Mirage can get in the way if you crank up the power. Less is better when you add in the conditions.

These were mostly MOA scopes on the line, it just turned out that way.

The Taco Units we had started off with 300 MOA, we used 53 MOA on the S&B for Ray to get close at 4000 yards. At 2600 yards we dialed the Charlie Unit down to about 90 MOA and then usedt the scope to fine tune.

We shot beyond the capabilities of the ammo and we tried a lot of different ammo.