• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imapct action in McMillan a5

Wisconsinner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Appleton, WI
Hello hide,

I just picked up my first impact 737r, so far I'm really impressed with the action. With only having delt with trued 700 actions in the past.. Does anyone know if this action will need extra inletting for the bolt release, and trigger hanger or will this fit in a standard rem 700 footprint?

Thanks!

Most likely need the bolt release inletted in a standard 700 stock. If you dont have a stock yet, OTM tactical already has a lot of A5 stocks inletted for the impact 737 and are in stock. A lot of great colors to choose from. Really like the new carbon ambush colors.

Can’t go wrong with an A-5 also if your into prs shooting check out the A-6. I think on my A-5 impact they had to notch out the bolt release. There maybe some stuff with the trigger hanger as well.

If you zoom in you can see.

Attachments

• 25E61BDF-0A9F-4FEC-AAC8-55A82A539744.jpeg
    25E61BDF-0A9F-4FEC-AAC8-55A82A539744.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Wisconsinner
Thanks for the reply! I didn't order anything yet. I'll take a look at OTM. I debated ordering straight from McMillan, but a 6 month wait time was discouraging. Beautiful set up there as well. Did you have a smith spin up your barrel, or get it from an online source?

Thank you sir! I had this built by Butch’s Guns in Woodward Oklahoma. I would highly recommend them, he had this gun put together and in my hands in 2 weeks. I believe they keep a good stock of A-5’s on hand as well.