• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns IMI 9mm $1.19 for 50rds!!

long range sponge

Not quite OAF, more App-erator AF
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2013
Springfield OH
Figure I'll post it here too. Cabelas has this on sale. Just ordered 50 BOXES and it's costing me $75 shipped. 124gr fmj. Now to wait and see if the honor it.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo65474.png
    photo65474.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 20
  • photo65475.png
    photo65475.png
    5 KB · Views: 12
They may tell you to pound sand, I've done it when marking prices wrong but was nice about the issue. You knew it was a glitch..

Time to make a phone call and get a lil unfriendly-like.

SO...is it your faith family or freedom that leads you to believe it's ok to try and take advantage of a clear mistake and then get "unfriendly" when you are properly thwarted?

You best read the rules you agreed to when ordering before you make an ass out of yourself

https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/an...sion/L3RpbWUvMTUwMTE5NTE2MC9zaWQvOVRhRElHb24=

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. I've made an arse of myself over sillier things. Been walked on over worse. It is what it is. I did post in another thread that things were cordial when I called CS. No feelings were hurt during my call about my efforts to "take advantage of a clear mistake" and how they were "thwarted". Me and my dastardly deeds. And since some believe they have a truer moral compass than I, they can choose what they believe leads me to make the decisions of such a scoundrel.

Despite what they (Cableas) say the OP could still get this for what was advertised. I live in MN and our state law is written that if an price is advertised the seller must sell it at that advertised price. It is used to prevent baiting people into buying. This happens sometimes in stores around here just after a sale has ended and someone forgot to take a sign down.
Now while we do have Cabelas stores in MN I'm not sure how it works for on line transactions. Not sure what your laws are but it may be worth taking a look.

Ha! Thanks Servo. It would be sweet to get ammo at that price but it's just more work than I'm willing to invest. I work with a guy that ordered ammo for a 9mm He didn't even own! He was gonna buy a pistol from Cabelas if they honored this though. "To be nice and square up the deal." Lol. Having spoken to another friend, someone may truly dispute this. I know a guy getting ready for the state patrol academy and he was REALLY hoping this would pan out.

1 step closer...

I've ordered items from their website before and got that far..........................then without any notice at all.........................my online order history just showed cancelled. They never attempted to contact me in any way, I called customer service who had no clue or any real input oh how, why, etc.. If it seems too good to be true................

SO...is it your faith family or freedom that leads you to believe it's ok to try and take advantage of a clear mistake and then get "unfriendly" when you are properly thwarted?

Yeah, this. Imagine a container full of 9mm, all underpriced $10 a pop. I can't even begin to imagine how many 50 round boxes of 9mm you could stuff into one. But a $9 an hour data entry flunky makes a typo, it doesn't get picked up on by the $15 an hour supervisor, and everybody thinks that they can just pick them clean, like vultures? I don't blame them for wanting to pay their light bills and make payroll, whether they're mom n' pop-sized, or not.

Time to make a phone call and get a lil unfriendly-like.

You do unto others as you wish to be done unto. Put yourself in their shoes. You've already back-peddled a lot. Owning a small business, I've had this happen occasionally, and I honor mis-labeled prices. Most people stick it to me, and with a smile I charge them advertised price and move on. I despise people like that, I despise people who strong arm/hold hostage businesses with Yelp and google reviews to get free stuff.

Same things goes with a number of Veterans who've come back from over seas, perfectly capable of working but if they know what to say, can get full disability and social security payments for the rest of their life. Sworn to protect their country, would die for their brothers next to them, but as soon as they get back, defraud the country they swore to defend. This is probably a small percentage of those returning.

Maybe you think people should pay for innocent mistakes like that, maybe they should. No quarter given is a rough way to go through life.

If you were in their position would you want this done to you? Only you know the answer.

You've likely never been in business for yourself, but for me to be able to sleep at night, I need to know that I've done right, not just by myself, but for my customer as well. Good business ALWAYS goes both ways.

Last edited:
Here is what I have to say to all of those that have been upset by this. Go see the thread I posted in the bear pit. Before Scout made the comment he did I had already posted about my convo with Cabelas. It was cordial and non demanding. I understand that posting that I was going to get "unfriendly" seems harsh. If you knew me, I'm anything but. Call it backpedaling. Call it what you want. I know when to fall on the sword and just say I'm sorry. Yes, I had all intentions of buying ammo at that price if they so chose to honor it. They chose not to. I had members here encouraging me to dispute it. As stated in the other thread, I'm not that pressed about it. It was probably not the best decision to post it for others to do the same. Will I post on yelp or any other site about how they do bad business? Nope. Because they don't. They told me they were going to offer free shipping on their next online purchase to those involved. Thats more than they have to do. And no, I don't own a business. Would I have honored this deal? Not if it meant going out if business. And since I have no clue how many boxes were attempted to be purchased I can't say what it would have done to Cabelas. Again, I simply want to offer a humble apology for poor decision making.

I remember back in the mid 80's I was selling my 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette for $18K. (Fair market price at the time). The Auto trader ad mistakenly published it at $1,800.00. I literally had to keep my phone off the hook for almost a week until the next issue came out, and they corrected it. People are right there to jump on it, even knowing it's an obvious mistake.

And as far as Cabela's, and their buck a box 9 MM. There is a flip side to that coin. Back several weeks ago I saw they had brand new Smith & Wesson 5946 all Stainless Steel 9 MM pistols for $799.00. These guns have not been produced for almost 18 years. (They went out of production around 1999). These were a production overrun by S&W that Cabela's bought the whole lot of directly from S&W. The price was a bit high. But I thought fair, because after all these were basically brand new 18 year old guns fitted with 2014 Trijicon Novak Style Night Sights, and came with 3, 15 round magazines. The Trijicon night sights, and 2 extra magazines alone are worth $150.00. A really nice all Stainless Steel, 40 ounce 9 MM.

I bought it, and came home. My wife started handling it, and you know where this is going. She wanted one too. So back we went to purchase another one for her. So now I'm out $1,600.00 + tax for 2 nice pistols........... THE VERY NEXT MORNING I CHECKED, AND THEY WERE ON SALE FOR JUST $599.00. That's $400.00 less than what I paid not even 24 hours ago. Here is the ad. They're still on sale.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...ls/2407616.uts

So as soon as they opened I drove back there with both receipts. While I did not expect a $400.00 refund, I did expect SOMETHING. I'm a big Cabela's customer, and they can see that, because all of my purchases are in their computer. They basically told me to pound sand. Not in as many words, but no one wanted to talk to me about it. A lot of shrugged shoulders, coupled with a slow walk away. $50.00 a gun, I wouldn't have even gone back there. But $400.00 for 2? I expected better.

At least a "10% Off On Your Next Purchase", or something. I didn't say anything, or make any kind of a scene. I left. But now I can guarantee you, we will have snow drifts in Phoenix before I ever purchase another gun there. And over the years I've bought PLENTY from them. And no one is going to tell me they didn't know this was coming. Especially after I came back to buy another one. Everyone behind the counter noticed us when we came back in to buy the second one. Live and learn. I just chalked it up to bad timing. I didn't want to wait because I was afraid they would sell out. And this was one of those deals that, "When they're gone, they're gone". These are both pistols.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/5SHJMzY.jpg?2"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
And as far as Cabela's, and their buck a box 9 MM. There is a flip side to that coin. Back several weeks ago I saw they had brand new Smith & Wesson 5946 all Stainless Steel 9 MM pistols for $799.00. These guns have not been produced for almost 18 years. (They went out of production around 1999). These were a production overrun by S&W that Cabela's bought the whole lot of directly from S&W. The price was a bit high. But I thought fair, because after all these were basically brand new 18 year old guns fitted with 2014 Trijicon Novak Style Night Sights, and came with 3, 15 round magazines. The Trijicon night sights, and 2 extra magazines alone are worth $150.00. A really nice all Stainless Steel, 40 ounce 9 MM.

I bought it, and came home. My wife started handling it, and you know where this is going. She wanted one too. So back we went to purchase another one for her. So now I'm out $1,600.00 + tax for 2 nice pistols........... THE VERY NEXT MORNING I CHECKED, AND THEY WERE ON SALE FOR JUST $599.00. That's $400.00 less than what I paid not even 24 hours ago. Here is the ad. They're still on sale.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...ls/2407616.uts

So as soon as they opened I drove back there with both receipts. While I did not expect a $400.00 refund, I did expect SOMETHING. I'm a big Cabela's customer, and they can see that, because all of my purchases are in their computer. They basically told me to pound sand. Not in as many words, but no one wanted to talk to me about it. A lot of shrugged shoulders, coupled with a slow walk away. $50.00 a gun, I wouldn't have even gone back there. But $400.00 for 2? I expected better.

At least a "10% Off On Your Next Purchase", or something. I didn't say anything, or make any kind of a scene. I left. But now I can guarantee you, we will have snow drifts in Phoenix before I ever purchase another gun there. And over the years I've bought PLENTY from them. And no one is going to tell me they didn't know this was coming. Especially after I came back to buy another one. Everyone behind the counter noticed us when we came back in to buy the second one. Live and learn. I just chalked it up to bad timing. I didn't want to wait because I was afraid they would sell out. And this was one of those deals that, "When they're gone, they're gone". These are both pistols.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/5SHJMzY.jpg?2"}[/IMG2]

At least one of my credit cards has "price protection" where if the price drops within 30 days they will dispute on my behalf and give me the difference. Might be worth looking into for you as you could have bought almost 2 more!

At least one of my credit cards has "price protection" where if the price drops within 30 days they will dispute on my behalf and give me the difference. Might be worth looking into for you as you could have bought almost 2 more!

No quite. Even on sale they're still $600.00 each. But no question it would have been nice not to have paid full price. Like I said, in the long run they'll lose a lot more from me in future sales. Then they would have if they were at least half way accommodating.