• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMI RazorCore 77 - SR 15 - NF 2.5-10 24

bikeracer

Formerly Robb57
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
I'm headed to a class in a couple of weeks at Blue Steel Ranch and so went to the range today to double check everything. I had shot some of the IMI RazorCore last time out and remembered being happy with the performance but wanted to confirm my last impression and do confirm elevation with and without my Ruuged Surge 7.62 can.

I started with the can on and the center dot - and after moving the POA a bit right I thought I had a pretty decent group. I then took the can off and moved up and to the right and as suspected was about 1 mil high - I used the top three shots to move my POA down until I was grouping close - then down another 1/10, got a decent group andmoved it down again until I got into the oranage. I then set the dials to zero and moved left, with no can - dialed down one Mil and got a decent group with one flier. I then moved down and to the left, went back up to zero, put the can back on did one more 3 shot group to make sure everything was working correctly.

I like this set up and really like the NF 2.5-10 24 and don't find the eye box too bad at 10X - although I know others have complained.

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

I think when they did the second run of the 2.5-10 24 they added the screw in type throw lever. My new 1-8 ATACR came with one two - very nice.

I'd like to handload - one day.

I think the IMI 77 is a good compromise. It doesn't group as well as Black Hills for me (18" LWRC) but it is a lot better than other stuff for me at 100. Another good factory load was the Silver State Armory 77 that was almost as good as BH at 80% of the cost, but I have not seen it in a few years.

At 100 yards I think they stacked up roughly like this for 5 shots:
Black Hills 77gr: 1.25"
Silver State 77gr: 1.5"-1.75"
IMI 77gr: 2"
Run of the mill 55gr: 3-4"

I had a hard time shooting smaller groups with a1 MOA center dot, but the point is the IMI compar s favorably at about half the cost.

Yeah at .52/round the IMI is a great deal compared to anything else.

OP- Great job; the MOD 2 is an excellent system and has been one of the better-grouping CHF lightweight barrels I have shot.

<snip>

I'm not sure I'll ever go back to factory ammo for my rig!

Specs:

Brass: LC Cleaned and Trimmed to 1.750
Bullet: Sierra Match King 77gr HPBT
Primers: CCI #450
COAL: 2.265 with a light crimp (1.836 OGIVE)
Powder: H4895 (22.5gr was my sweet spot)

<snip>

You will find that TAC and 8208XBR are excellent powders in this application. Both will get you a little more speed and throw well. TAC can be loaded with little throw variance on the progressive.