• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMI Tavor/Timney trigger group

Tackleberry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2005
possumneck, ms
I was getting ready to order a Timney trigger group for my Tavor, then I see the new side note as not recommended for use with a suppressor. I called Timney and they only said there was a problem and recommended that I wait until they fix this problem. Does anyone have thoughts or knowledge of what this problem might be?
Thanks

It's not that they're not recommended for a suppressor, it's that they're not recommended at all. Go over to the Bullpup Forum and you'll find all the info you need about the Timney Tavor trigger pack, failure after failure and most guys are sending them back for refunds. Timney really screwed the pooch on this one ...

A few guys have been swapping out springs and getting good results rather than spending 350 on a trigger pack

A few guys have been swapping out springs and getting good results rather than spending 350 on a trigger pack

Please stop giving this shitty advice.
Taking out trigger springs or trying to jerry fuck the trigger is a recipe waiting for disaster. If it didn't need both springs, at that weight, they wouldn't be there.

Its reckless at best at dangerous at most to fuck with triggers without KNOWING the long term effects. This is not some bolt action, its a combat, semi-auto.

If you can afford a Tavor you can afford a Gisselle. It doesn't need it it, but its there if you want.

Why would you assume replacing springs would be a bad thing

Please stop giving this shitty advice.
Taking out trigger springs or trying to jerry fuck the trigger is a recipe waiting for disaster. If it didn't need both springs, at that weight, they wouldn't be there.

Its reckless at best at dangerous at most to fuck with triggers without KNOWING the long term effects. This is not some bolt action, its a combat, semi-auto.

If you can afford a Tavor you can afford a Gisselle. It doesn't need it it, but its there if you want.

Not a very mechanically inclined person are you?

Sit down and think for a minute why there are the way they are and what could happen if you change them out....

A mans got to know his limitations but for the rest of us improvement is the goal and tweaking things is fair game.

The big secondary trigger reset spring was an add on for positive trigger reset under dirty conditions. Some owners have removed it with mixed results and trigger feel but it does drop the weight.
Of the three prototype triggers showcased at the shot show ( Timney , Geissele and SS ) none of them appear to have mounted or use any secondary trigger reset springs.

Timney had / is having issues with their trigger pack so anyone considering picking one up should give Timney a call and ask if they are still in production. The other triggers are still in development .

Removing the factory spring technically voids your Tavor warranty so save that spring and roll pin.
If you remove the spring and you have no trigger reset issues continue shooting. If you have trigger reset issues put the spring back in place.

Its hard to do accuracy testing with a +10 lb trigger.......