• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Impact 737 Action Wrench

D46Infinity

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Las Vegas NV
Might be a dumb question but I've been waiting on impact to get their action wrench in stock for a while but no luck.

Is there any other action wrench that will work on an impact?

Thanks

Pretty much any 2 lug REM 700 or Savage wrench will fit. OTM has one for around $50

Tate told me to use a Defiance wrench as it was the closest. This was before he was offering a wrench

Pretty much any 2 lug REM 700 or Savage wrench will fit. OTM has one for around $50
Sir, Please confirm weather you know this from experience. I ask, because the bighorn works on Remingtons, but not on the Impact (per the above).

Reactions: Unit5alive
Not all 700 wrenches will work.
The wrench must be cut to fit an action with TWO guide rails, the Remington only has ONE.

Defiance wrench will 100% work.
C20293F5-A1C8-425D-A718-0186AFA247ED.jpeg

Reactions: R_A_W
Agreed with above ^
I talked with OTM this week just to make sure their action wrench would work with Impacts. They confirmed it would, so now I've got one on the way (plus $40 is a hell of a price on an action wrench)

Sir, Please confirm weather you know this from experience. I ask, because the bighorn works on Remingtons, but not on the Impact (per the above).
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, I've used the OTM wrench on an Impact, it fits fine, as well as my Surgeon side entry. I know the Impact has two guide rails, I've just never run across a wrench that was a close enough fit to the raceways to actually interfere with them. Apparently the Defiance (which is cut for two anyway), and a Bighorn are. My bad, sorry for the incorrect info.

Reactions: MxTexas
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, I've used the OTM wrench on an Impact, it fits fine, as well as my Surgeon side entry. I know the Impact has two guide rails, I've just never run across a wrench that was a close enough fit to the raceways to actually interfere with them. Apparently the Defiance (which is cut for two anyway), and a Bighorn are. My bad, sorry for the incorrect info.
Thank you!

Not to necro an old post, but does anyone know if an impact action wrench will work on a Lone Peak Fuzion? I'm pretty sure they're both standard 700 action wrenches but wanted to check before ordering

Not to necro an old post, but does anyone know if an impact action wrench will work on a Lone Peak Fuzion? I'm pretty sure they're both standard 700 action wrenches but wanted to check before ordering
I would assume so. But I would contact LP to be sure.

PTG Remington 700 action wrench seems to work. I've only insert the wrench, have not torqued it yet.

Has both non-binding rails.

Attachments

• PXL_20220207_190933339.jpg
    PXL_20220207_190933339.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20220207_190938459.jpg
    PXL_20220207_190938459.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20220207_191010912.jpg
    PXL_20220207_191010912.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 68