• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Impact 737 not ejecting spent case

jimbob_walker

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
Conneaut lake pa
Purchased my first impact from a hide member.

About 3% of the time, the spent case does not eject from the action. My first run with this action was a 1 day. I had 3 jams in the match. It seems to do it more on slow cycles.

I took spent brass and chambered it. Ejected it slowly and it is hitting the opening on the action and bouncing back into the action. When I run it slow that way, it’ll throw it back in the action about 90% of the time.

I read some solutions to possibly fix that problem in other actions. The most replied solutions was to buy an impact!

Any help is appreciated

This sounds like an extractor issue. I can tell you 100% that not every m16 style extractor will fit right, so it is best to buy the $20 replacement extractor and spring direct from Impact. And if you’re going to do that, buy the ejector spring and plunger too.

What cartridge?

Make sure the brass isn't hitting a part of the score rings or scope mount that is sticking out over the ejection port and bouncing back into the action. This seems like the most likely cause.

Inspect the extractor and ejector and replace if necessary. These are very cheap and worth replacing.

6 dasher.
I just replaced the ejector and spring.
It’s hitting on the action and not the scope base.

I read some posts on other actions and they milled the extractor edge to get it to eject. I just milled mine and it seems to eject now. I’m going to run it and see if I have any issues. I may call impact tomorrow and see if there is a fix. Probably just a new extractor?

Quit using a push feed spring ejection action and all extraction and ejection issues go away

1711291673139.gif

I run a six BR and a Zermat origin.

MDT mags.

The only issue is the moron behind the glassand his booger hook on the bang switch….

It is cool to get an action and a premium chambered barrel for the same price as an impact action……🤣🤣🤣

Cutting back the extractor didn’t fix the problem. I’ll call impact tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

They’ll tell you to get a new extractor. I had this happen to me; I took my extractor off one of my bolts and put it on a buddy’s bolt to get him through a day. I stupidly ordered a PTG m16 style extractor and installed it, I had the same issues you’re talking about. That extractor just doesn’t hold the brass right on exit, the brass comes loose and bounces right back into the action. Once I put a new impact extractor in, no more issues.