• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737r Arrived - Where would you take it next?

FNG1001

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
I ordered an Impact 737r 308bf, and it's in. Looking forward to building up a new rifle slowly.

Currently thinking of:
Chassis: MDT Acc Elite (I wish XLR Envys were available.)
Trigger: Trigger Tech Special (was thinking Diamond, but I set my triggers to ~1.6 lbs)
Barrels: Prefit. Going between M24 and MTU. Will also need to get an extra bushing for my barrel vise depending on which.
Main Cartridge to focus on: 6 BR or 6 Dasher or 6.5 CM.
Scope: Leupold Mark 5hd
Muzzle break: Area 419 Hellfire Match
Can: CGS Hyperion
Bipod: Atlas CAL

Where would you take this? I'm having this be my primary I take with me to local match (nothing big).

I personally love the new elite so would be happy with that choice. I prefer my triggers a little lower so I go diamond, I’d run mtu or straight 1.250 26” in 6br or bra, scope would be a rival, spearhead brake or tuner brake, and 100% a ckyepod.

All your choices are great, there just personal preference. Sounds like a great build.

Reactions: Terp and FNG1001
Dasher for sure, or 6cm if you don’t want to reload.

Just get the diamond as you’ll be able to set it lower when the time comes.

I’ve not shot with the ACC Elite and haven’t shot a whole lot with the envy. I’ve heard excellent things about both though.

Just get a Ckye pod, or a TBAC bipod.

Reactions: FNG1001
Thanks guys. Reading the comments, I'll pick up a diamond instead.

Dasher for sure, or 6cm if you don’t want to reload.

Just get the diamond as you’ll be able to set it lower when the time comes.

I’ve not shot with the ACC Elite and haven’t shot a whole lot with the envy. I’ve heard excellent things about both though.

Just get a Ckye pod, or a TBAC bipod.

I reload, and was initially leaning 6BR of the three, but sounds like 6Dasher is the way to go.

Reactions: Krob95
I personally love the new elite so would be happy with that choice. I prefer my triggers a little lower so I go diamond, I’d run mtu or straight 1.250 26” in 6br or bra, scope would be a rival, spearhead brake or tuner brake, and 100% a ckyepod.

All your choices are great, there just personal preference. Sounds like a great build.

Diamond is nice, I like it over the special for sure. Im dropping my impact into a foundation. Will run a mtu 6br most likely unless I can get behind a straight 1.250

MTU was my choice too. I have a couple MTU blanks that would need to get spun up, but with the Impact i was thinking about going the prefit route which are mostly M24 contours. Both take different vise bushings.

Reactions: Matt_3479
MTU was my choice too. I have a couple MTU blanks that would need to get spun up, but with the Impact i was thinking about going the prefit route which are mostly M24 contours. Both take different vise bushings.
M24 is fairly similar. Heavy varmint is very very similar to mtu.

My general 3 choices are straight 1.250, heavy varmint and mtu. The heavy varmint is basically an mtu with a little extra meat at the breech. Generally 5” instead of 3” before a taper. Both finish at .930 at 26