• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737R into AI AT-X Chassis system

QuickOne

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Oct 31, 2011
Building a rifle with my son and we ran into an issue. It appears the AICS mag block (?) is causing some issues keeping the action from going all the way down. We had to remove it to get it to fit around the trigger hanger and lower portion of the action. Pics attached.

Is this expected? Should we have done something different? Given the bolt head was there, grinding didn’t seem like the right approach. However, I”m unsure if not having the middling of the action supported is meaningful.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1331.jpeg
    IMG_1331.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 92
I run my 737 action in the AT-X chassis without the mag block and it's pretty much perfect. Just remove it.

I run my 737 action in the AT-X chassis without the mag block and it's pretty much perfect. Just remove it.

Excellent. Thank you for the advice. Out of curiosity, are you using AICS or AW (or AX) mags with your Impact?

Reactions: MxTexas
Since the main question of this thread seems to have been answered. How are you guys liking the AT-X chassis? would you mind posting some pictures of them?

Reactions: phidelt208
ARC Cous De Grace in an ai chassis, 3 lug aw mag fed action, essentially a faux atx that I prefer to shoot over my actual ai atx.
I love the low bore height to arca on the forend, tracks nicely under recoil. My dislike, is the cheek is very high, even after installing the low pro cheek piece from anarchy outdoors. That mount is 1.5" high, and due to the high cheek and low rail on the CDG action(well any action other than a AI with high rail) I'd still like more height to keep my head more vertical when shooting positional.
20230710_173437.jpg
20230710_173443.jpg
20230710_173450.jpg

Last edited:
Does the mag block and bolt hold the chassis together in any way or support anything? What is effected by removing it? I can't find any pics of the AT-X showing where the mag block is located and exactly what it does. I would assume it's there for a reason.

It limits the height of an aics mag. It's needed in that situation, however it needs be removed to run aw mags. It's not structural by any means to the chassis.

We took it out of my son’s chassis and run AICS mags with the Impact action without issue. I’m guessing it might be needed for other actions, but perhaps not the Impact.

We took it out of my son’s chassis and run AICS mags with the Impact action without issue. I’m guessing it might be needed for other actions, but perhaps not the Impact.
Put pressure to the front side of the mag and test bolt function/feeding. The mag stops there for a reason to prevent the mag from riding too high and causing feeding issues. Curious why you removed it? Was there an issue with aics mags? Is the impact aw cut and you want the option to run aw and aics? Wondering the method behind your madness.

Put pressure to the front side of the mag and test bolt function/feeding. The mag stops there for a reason to prevent the mag from riding too high and causing feeding issues. Curious why you removed it? Was there an issue with aics mags? Is the impact aw cut and you want the option to run aw and aics? Wondering the method behind your madness.

Will try that when I get home, but I believe the mag stop might already be cut into the action.

With the mag block in place, the action would not physically fit in to the chassis. The front trigger hanger interfered with the bolt/block, thus the only option was to remove it.

Will try that when I get home, but I believe the mag stop might already be cut into the action.

With the mag block in place, the action would not physically fit in to the chassis. The front trigger hanger interfered with the bolt/block, thus the only option was to remove it.
Yup, I took some materials off of the mag stop but it still didn’t play nice with the trigger hanger on the Impact. Ended up removing the mag stop completely and has been running AICS mags without any issues for a year. Worked for me on 6gt and 6.5cm.

Got ya, hanger issue. I get that. Only hanger based actions I've put in the atx chassis was a CDG, which I removed the mag stop prior as I knew I needed to, for aw mags to latch in.

Reactions: MxTexas
ARC Cous De Grace in an ai chassis, 3 lug aw mag fed action, essentially a faux atx that I prefer to shoot over my actual ai atx.
I love the low bore height to arca on the forend, tracks nicely under recoil. My dislike, is the cheek is very high, even after installing the low pro cheek piece from anarchy outdoors. That mount is 1.5" high, and due to the high cheek and low rail on the CDG action(well any action other than a AI with high rail) I'd still like more height to keep my head more vertical when shooting positional.
View attachment 8232659View attachment 8232660View attachment 8232661
So you like this setup better than the atx you have? Care to elaborate?

So you like this setup better than the atx you have? Care to elaborate?
Any 700 clone is more refined than the AI action, some tremendously so. The CDG does everything the AI does and more minus the quick change barrel function. It's smoother has lighter bolt lift, adj trigger hanger, tons of trigger options, is designed around aw mags, it's pretty much a Gucci ai action on a 700 foot print.