• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737R or termiunus zues

Jmkjr87

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2019
    I need some help deciding on a action. I've got 2500 bucks coming from my job, it's my tool allowance for the year. You get back what you spent so far in the snap on truck. So I'm going to buy a custom action but I can't decide what to get. I've worked the impact at a match but not the zues. I have a ruger rpr that I'm running currently that I changed just about everything on it for PRS so I'm used to the 60 degree bolt throw and I like the quick change barrel feature on the zues but everybody tells me the impact is slicker than snot and I have a good snap on torque wrench so it's not a issue with torqueing barrels for the impact but it does suck to have to remember to bring it home. Eventually I'd like to have a 223 rem barrel for practice and the main barrel in 6.5x47 lapua for matchs. I can't fucking decide

Reactions: Rokfor2K
    I've done a ton of research but I'd like to hear what people that are running them have to say. Why you like the one over the other

Impact 737r, my experience

• Bolt lift/close is very light. Nearly feels like an action without the spring installed
    • Prefit barrels available
    • Smooth loading of rounds at various speeds
    • Integrated picatinny
    Dislike:
    • Wish it had a few degrees less throw or an angled bolt knob. Gets closer to scope body than I prefer

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    Impact 737r, my experience

• Bolt lift/close is very light. Nearly feels like an action without the spring installed
    • Prefit barrels available
    • Smooth loading of rounds at various speeds
    • Integrated picatinny
    Dislike:
    • Wish it had a few degrees less throw or an angled bolt knob. Gets closer to scope body than I prefer
    That's something I'm worried about with the impact. I just don't want to spend the money and not be able to get used to the 90 degree throw

Reactions: jmornoinf
    Can anybody tell me what the action feels like on the zues when opening and closing?

I’ve looked at both and would lean Zeus. I have Bighorn TL3s and love them but my next action will be a Zeus. I like the 60 degree bolt throw. The impact does have a super light bolt lift while the Zeus is a little heavier. I like the 3 lugs on the Zeus and the bolt should never get close to the scope which is nice for big hands.

I’ve looked at both and would lean Zeus. I have Bighorn TL3s and love them but my next action will be a Zeus. I like the 60 degree bolt throw. The impact does have a super light bolt lift while the Zeus is a little heavier. I like the 3 lugs on the Zeus and the bolt should never get close to the scope which is nice for big hands.
    Did you handle both? If so how much heavier is the bolt on the zues

I don’t really know how to quantify it. Yes, handled both. Have not shot either just cycled the bolts. It wasn’t excessive on the Zeus and didn’t feel that I would have issues ever lifting the bolt even in a compromised position. It just wasn’t nearly as light as the Impact. But neither is a Bighorn and I’m used to those.

I don’t really know how to quantify it. Yes, handled both. Have not shot either just cycled the bolts. It wasn’t excessive on the Zeus and didn’t feel that I would have issues ever lifting the bolt even in a compromised position. It just wasn’t nearly as light as the Impact. But neither is a Bighorn and I’m used to those.
    Do you think with a razor HD and 1.5 inch height MDT elite rings, can it get tight with the impact with my large manly hammock hands.

If a impact is 100 percent easy to lift, what percentage does the zues feel like compared to the impact? Like 80 percent as easy. Where would you put that percentage

Not sure but if you have a throw lever on there I would think you would need to watch the placement so you don’t slam your hand into that. My issue on other 90* actions has mainly been snagging my hand on the throw lever. Not bad if they are plastic but the aluminum ones will leave a mark.

No one complains about the impact, I have ran one for a year and a half, when you close that bolt on a round it's unreal how it feels, they are built like a tank so they are heavy, but I have never ran a zues. Impacts are awesome.

I have owned a Zeus for a year or year and a half if I recall, and my impact should be here Thursday.

I do have a stiller, defiance, kelbly, bighorn, and KS sar as well. I have handled an ran an impact (not a lot so wouldn’t be a complete fair opinion).

As far as 90 degree’s go, the impact is one of the highest regarded! From the little amount of time spent behind it I was thoroughly impressed and looking very much forward to this build. That said I’ve handled and shot 1000’s of rounds out of various 90 degree actions so I feel safe to give a comparison or opinion to a Zeus.

The Zeus is remarkable, built like a god damn tank. Smooth as smooth can be. Once broken in the bolt lift isn’t bad and definitely doesn’t bother me!! The bolt close is so smooth and light the bolt basically closes itself. The quick change feature is handier then heck! It doesn’t bother me torquing barrels on but it does make it simple for sure!! The threaded trigger pins is the best thing any action can have. Talk about easy! That’s just awesome!!

The Zeus is my favourite action at the moment! I love them all and they all have there benefits and positives, but the Zeus is just awesome. Hope this helps.

I've done a ton of research but I'd like to hear what people that are running them have to say. Why you like the one over the other
    Since you shoot prs matches, why not go to a club match and get a feel for them? What someone here considers slick, another may not.

I've played with an Impact, and it reminded me of my customized Rem 700, but with a lighter cocking effort.

I have a BAT TR that feels very slick. The bolt body has less clearance than the Impact and cocking effort is greater in my BAT.

Mike R from Tacops said he likes the Lone Peak actions. I'd take his recommendation over just about anyone else's.

Do you think with a razor HD and 1.5 inch height MDT elite rings, can it get tight with the impact with my large manly hammock hands.
    Here is 1.5" high mount with a ZCO. If I really grab the bolt, my knuckle gets pretty close.

20210713_230924_resized.jpg

I have two Impacts 737r and one Terminus Zeus. I like the Impacts better. Seems like they are smoother and stand up to dust and grime better. I also like that the barrel tenon uses all the threads on the action versus the Zeus which leaves a few exposed. Just another place for grit and grime to collect. I also like the use of a trigger hanger.

90 vs 60 degree isn't as big of a deal to me. I blade my hand when opening the bolt and usually close it with one or two fingers.

I will say that both companies are run by great people with great CS and don't think you can go wrong with either.

I haven't really decided what to do with the Zeus.

I need some help deciding on a action. I've got 2500 bucks coming from my job, it's my tool allowance for the year. You get back what you spent so far in the snap on truck. So I'm going to buy a custom action but I can't decide what to get. I've worked the impact at a match but not the zues. I have a ruger rpr that I'm running currently that I changed just about everything on it for PRS so I'm used to the 60 degree bolt throw and I like the quick change barrel feature on the zues but everybody tells me the impact is slicker than snot and I have a good snap on torque wrench so it's not a issue with torqueing barrels for the impact but it does suck to have to remember to bring it home. Eventually I'd like to have a 223 rem barrel for practice and the main barrel in 6.5x47 lapua for matchs. I can't fucking decide
    Here let me try to help you because you stated you can't fucking decide...

Get the Zues but what would I know ?

Mike R.

Gimme a reason why not just a vote
    Well I’ve ran a couple thousand rounds down mine and it’s never given me an issue.

prefit barrels are readily available

it’s slick as hell.

If you're that concerned, go to a match and find someone running a Zeus and do some dry fire with it. Since you said you've already finger fucked an Impact, now you can decide.

Personally, aside from the bolt throw... flip a coin. They're both great actions with great CS.

They are both excellent choices, and I have put many rounds down range with both, if I wanted a 90* Impact ,if a 60* is preferred then Zeus, to me that is really the only pertinent detail to decide between. I personally love the 60* and the clearance it offers from the scope ,it also almost closes itself.
    So Zeus for me.

Reactions: S3th
    I used to love the 60 degree bolt throw until I was at a match and half of my brass I forgot to resize. It was nearly impossible to close the bolt with the Zeus. When I got home I tried the same brass in the Impact and the extra leverage made all the difference, it was barely noticeable. I really liked my Zeus but have since switched to Impacts across the board.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    Thank you for all the responses. I haven't seen a zues out in the wild yet or I would finger fuck it the first chance I got. I see alot of Apollos but no zues. I guess I can't go wrong either way but I still can't make up my mind

Has anybody had any fitting issues with either action in a MDT ACC chassis

I used to love the 60 degree bolt throw until I was at a match and half of my brass I forgot to resize. It was nearly impossible to close the bolt with the Zeus. When I got home I tried the same brass in the Impact and the extra leverage made all the difference, it was barely noticeable. I really liked my Zeus but have since switched to Impacts across the board.
    Sorry Adam, are you definite it was the leverage of the 90', not just a possible slight difference in the rifles chambers?
    Cheers
    Pete

Thank you for all the responses. I haven't seen a zues out in the wild yet or I would finger fuck it the first chance I got. I see alot of Apollos but no zues. I guess I can't go wrong either way but I still can't make up my mind
    Where are you located? Someone in here may have a Zeus and be close to you

I will be doing the same here shortly, terminus Zeus with a switch barrel setup. Let us know how you like yours once you get it up and running.

I live in Mohawk NY

I'm 30 mins east of utica NY

Impact. You won’t regret it.
    I have no experience with the terminus but I will mention a few reasons why I love my Impacts.

extremely smooth, light bolt lift, perfect headspace consistency and their customer service is second to non. I’ve seen guys make bone head mistakes and Impact takes care of them and very quickly too. Not to mention the AW cut runs AW mags and AICS mags without any issue, lastly the pre fit option for the Impacts and barrels are plentiful. I’ll grab barrels off the hide exchange just to mess with new calibers. As long as the work was done by a reputable smith I screw it on and I am good to go. I never worry about the headspace being off.

call me a Impact fanboy if you want but the impact has been a huge part of my shooting success.

good luck with whichever one you go with !

Last edited:
    Come shoot a match at Sheepdog Warrior. August 14th is the next one

You'll see plenty of both

I have ran Defiance, Impact and Terminus you really can't make a bad decision between any of them, it's all preference. The Zeus will have a harder bolt lift out of the two since it's a three lug 60degree, the impact is likely one of the lightest 90 degree bolts out there and has lot's of pre fit options plus they give back a lot back to the precision rifle community and the reason I've chosen to support them.

Reactions: Matt_3479
    Come shoot a match at Sheepdog Warrior. August 14th is the next one

You'll see plenty of both
    Registration is open for sheepdog and I've already paid. I've shot ever one so far. I've seen plenty of impacts but maybe never noticed the zues. I'm starting to lean impact as of now

Registration is open for sheepdog and I've already paid. I've shot ever one so far. I've seen plenty of impacts but maybe never noticed the zues. I'm starting to lean impact as of now
    Lombardi shoots one. There are a few others who are regularly there too

I see you shoot granby too. Several there as well

I have had:
    - Ruger Precision Rifle
    - Desert Tech SRS
    - Custom 700
    - Bighorn Origin
    - Terminus Zeus Custom
    - Impact 737r Short action

I now have two identical 737Rs and everything else is sold. It is a fine action. The Zeus was amazing also. Very slick and fast. The heavier bolt lift (albeit not bad) was more than I preferred compared to the Impact.
    I think the Zeus is an amazing piece. I'm the last one to say the bolt lift was "heavy". It was just more than the Impact which is a given. If you like 60*s and the quick change barrel, do the Zeus! If not, the impact is a great tool. I have enjoyed them all.
    The Desert tech return to zero on barrel swaps was impeccable. The Zeus was similar!

Attachments

• 20210509_160533.jpg
      20210509_160533.jpg
      701.9 KB · Views: 168
    • 20210503_190427.jpg
      20210503_190427.jpg
      382.7 KB · Views: 161
    • 20210321_182447.jpg
      20210321_182447.jpg
      719.6 KB · Views: 181
    Reactions: BurtGummer
    I agree with LRJunky, I've had a Curtis, Archimedes, and an Impact 737R. Impact is my favorite hands down, bolt is so smooth no matter what conditions are like, and I've never had a single feeding issue. Can't say the same about the others feeding wise. That said, Joel's work and customer service are some the best in this industry.

Well I'm at 70/30 in favor of the impact. I think that's gonna be the one