• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact action 75 degree

I suspect you'll want to ask again in a couple weeks...
Screenshot_20240104-151911_Facebook.jpg

Any more info on this? Whats the redesign taking place?

Because there’s some weirdos that think they won’t time out on a prs stage due to piss poor time management if they have 15 or 30° less bolt to open.
Or they just prefer shorter throw bolts. Big hands and big scopes need all the clearance they can get.

Now that I’ve switched to primarily 60 deg actions, I wouldn’t buy a 90 ever again. I do love my Impacts though, so I bought the 75 to at least get closer to my desired feel.

Last edited:
Is it a different bolt entirely, or just some piece added to existing bolts?

It's a new bolt, replaces the one you have should you be longing for a 75 degree throw. A roller version will be released at a later time.

It's just a 75deg bolt that drops into existing receivers. It'll have a bit heavier lift than the 90deg. Though they are likely releasing a roller ball cocking piece 75deg in the future.

Pretty cool that Impact made sure to take care of existing owners without making everyone buy a brand new action. I don’t own any of their actions but this kind of decision on their part means I will someday. I support companies that put in the work and effort to support their customers with affordable and sensible upgrades that don’t require starting over with a whole new system.

Last edited:
Does the pitch from 90* to 75* actually do anything different other then just the “feel”

Does the pitch from 90* to 75* actually do anything different other then just the “feel”

Will give you a bit more clearance between the bolt and ocular/diopter. Since the lug positions and such aren't changed and bolt body is same you don't get any other the other feeding perks some other actions get with shorter throw and/or larger bolts.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Will give you a bit more clearance between the bolt and ocular/diopter. Since the lug positions and such aren't changed and bolt body is same you don't get any other the other feeding perks some other actions get with shorter throw and/or larger bolts.
Which perks are those?

Which perks are those?

More area to pick up rounds from magazine (fatter bolt, or something like a lug at 6 o'clock). Generally you'll only see it matter with AW mags at times (hence why some very reputable smiths still only set up two lug actions for AICS).

The difference/benefits are fairly marginal and you'll find some will debate that two lugs bolts do just as well.

More area to pick up rounds from magazine (fatter bolt, or something like a lug at 6 o'clock). Generally you'll only see it matter with AW mags at times (hence why some very reputable smiths still only set up two lug actions for AICS).
Please tell us more about this, if you have more to tell.

-Stan

Please tell us more about this, if you have more to tell.

-Stan

Not much more to it. If you situate a lug at 6 o'clock then it "reaches" further down into a mag.

This post by Mr. Cross gives a very good explanation:

Last edited:
Not much more to it. If you situate a lug at 6 o'clock then it "reaches" further down into a mag.

This post by Mr. Cross gives a very good explanation:

Thank you!

-Stan

But impact 737r is the best and supremest action ever, why would they even make a 75° action?
Honestly, the tall throw is the only thing that I don't like about it. I still run an impact, but it's not my favorite because of that.

The feel of a 60deg throw is just way better IMO.
Not as far as I can tell. That extra .002seconds ain't gona make one bit of difference. You could make up some bullshit like that rifle doesn't move off target as much, but I would say that's much more dependent on how smooth the action is rather than and extra 30deg on the bolt lift.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Honestly, the tall throw is the only thing that I don't like about it. I still run an impact, but it's not my favorite because of that.

Not as far as I can tell. That extra .002seconds ain't gona make one bit of difference. You could make up some bullshit like that rifle doesn't move off target as much, but I would say that's much more dependent on how smooth the action is rather than and extra 30deg on the bolt lift.
Im used to My AI homie. And the latest Poors 223 build on a 700

So cycling the Impacf the other day was a whole new world of what the hell have I been missing

Gonna see if the local guy gets a 75* in so I can compare the two

Arguable that by going to 60 or 75 your bolt lift would be heavier thus making it harder to stay on target. I’ve never tested it side by side as I’m an adult but that used to be the word.

Reactions: spife7980
I’m liking this thread. At least for the impact it seems like a trade-off between smooth, light bolt lift for the 90 degree version vs a heavier bolt lift but a shorter throw and more scope clearance.

Arguable that by going to 60 or 75 your bolt lift would be heavier thus making it harder to stay on target. I’ve never tested it side by side as I’m an adult but that used to be the word.
Hard to argue. Doing the same amount of work in less space is going to require more force.

Reactions: Smokin7s
Definitely always going to require more force. As far as the moving off target part, that's all technique. You can easily stay on target with a lift as heavy as an AI if you use the proper technique.

But, it's just like a heavy trigger. You can make good shots, just requires better technique. So anything that requires less skill/technique is going to add consistency to most shooters without a ton of work. Since most shooters aren't going to be at the top of the good fundamentals mountain.

Reactions: giumau1