• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Action vs. MPA Action Question

C130

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 28, 2023
    Magnolia, TX
    I have an MPA Matrix Pro chassis with an Impaction Precision action, only about two months old. I just bought my son a MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II yesterday. Cycling the bolt is much smoother on the MPA PMR II rifle with an MPA action, haven’t actually shot the gun yet and has zero rounds through it. For anyone that has both or shot both is this normal? To me the bolt seems more loose on the Impact and on my son’s rifle it is as smooth as can be.

It's part of the design of the Impact action, so that it operates in dusty/muddy environments where some "tight" wire EDM cut actions will struggle.

Pull the trigger on the MPA action and compare bolt lift, also. All bolts should be pretty dang smooth opening and closing if the trigger isn't pulled. But when you have to cock the firing pin, most feel like the Impact has an advantage in the feel and effort department.

Thanks, appreciate the info. I tried what you stated and see what you’re saying I think.

Also my magazine wasn’t locking in to place all the time and I tightened the screw on the mag release and it seems to catch perfectly now.