• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact AW cut questions

Jakeweb09

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
Can someone please explain simply the issues with a AW CUT on the impact, and what setups will work with them? I’m wanting to build a 6gt on an impact with a foundation and hawkins m5 but can’t seem to make sense of the mags situation. Will acis mags work flawlessly and AW needs work? Or aw will work flawlessly and acis can cause binding? Not sure I’m clear on the situation

I wasn’t able to get my AW cut Impact feeding AW in a Foundation. It did in a Manners T2A mini chassis though.

Last edited:
AW mags will feed in AW cut actions.
AICS mags will feed in AW cut or AICS cut actions.
The same is not true in reverse.
Thus if you have an AW cut action, you can run both AW or AICS Mags.

Correct as above.

I have an AW Impact and my mag won't feed the left round out of the double stack though. The bolt just rides over it. I'm assuming its as simple as adjusting the left feed lip but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I own a Foundation Exodus and AW cut Impact. No feeding issues to report from either AW mags or AICS mags.

I have an Impact/Foundation/Hawkins/AW rig and run both AICS and AW mags in it. AICS is plug/play, with AW you have to be willing to tweak feed lips on mags and maybe bend a follower spring to dial it in for your setup.

Given all of the above, why does Impact not cut them all for AW? It seems like there has to be a reason, but above says maybe not.