• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Impact Data Books Covers

Short-bus

customguncoatings.com
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Smithville, MO
www.customguncoatings.com
I've been spending the last hour searching, and i've run out of time, have to run out for the evening with the wife and little girls. I am really wanting an impact data book, however, I want a cover as well, been looking for options but i'm not getting anywhere quickly. Any of you that have one, and have a cover, please point me to options wherever they may be, and however much they are. Need to get a book put together to start keeping data, my head is getting full and i'm forgetting stuff now. Must get it onto paper now.

Thank you,

Branden

Re: Impact Data Books Covers

Edited: While loooking for a DBC, they seem to be tough to find for the Impact Book, because they are an odd size. I am going to make my own, since I can not buy one, without triming the data book itself. I seen that as an option, but you surely can not trim to much of it, and still cover the pages..

Maybe Tony can chime in here, to see if there is already a solution. If not, perhaps I can be of assistance.

Is Tony the Impact Data Books guy? What's his username on here so I can PM him for input. I suppose I could email through the site, but i'll try here first since i've already started this thread. Perhaps it'll help another person out with the same question as I.

Branden

Dust Remover,
His screenname is Nomad, and he should be back on the net tomorrow.
He was out of town and busy. PM him and he will get back to you asap.

The Impact books will fit in the current Triad Two Way Data Book Cover, but it is tight around the corners. I have already changed the pattern with Eagle to be slightly larger to better accommodate the Impact book. The first covers to come in the new size will be in Multicam, but will not arrive for about 8 weeks.

I got one done last night, first DBC I have ever made, or used, so I am not sure what the ins and outs of DBC's should be, but I will post some pics up tonight when I get home.

This more of a
stuart-2.jpg
type thing...

I would bury myself trying to do more stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup, I am learning that keeping to a few things and doing them well can keep you from going insane.</div></div>

I hear you loud and clear. I have not enjoyed a weekend in longer than I care to admit.

I've made a few data book covers, mainly for friends who have wanted them, and I've talked to Tony about making a cover for his book.

There are lots of different covers on the market and I may start making them myself, we'll see. It's not something I'm working on really hard at the moment.

For what it is worth, I found that the Triad Databook Cover is a good way to go.
http://www.triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/e54j/Data_Books_Covers.html
Data_Books_Covers_Triad_Two_Way_Data_Book_Cover_Multicam.jpg

I figure for $25 I would be hard pressed to justify the time and effort in making my own.
Alternately, you could always start with the Triad cover, modify it to whatever your needs are and still be better off than starting from scratch.

Yea, it is always awsome to design and build your own stuff, but that one is a tough one to justify.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Impact books will fit in the current Triad Two Way Data Book Cover, but it is tight around the corners. I have already changed the pattern with Eagle to be slightly larger to better accommodate the Impact book. The first covers to come in the new size will be in Multicam, but will not arrive for about 8 weeks.</div></div>

Steve,

How much of the cover do you actually have to trim? I am not looking to modify the databook to accomodate a cover.

I would still rather buy one than take the 1 day set back to making another one that will fit exactly.

Whats the ETA on the new ones from Eagle?

I would rather spend the $25 than piddle around making 3-4 until I made one that was suitable.

And can I get it in Woodland Marpat?, thats the deal breaker...

The Impact binders will fit in the Triad covers now, they are just tighter than I would like. They still zip shut, you just will not be able to fit as many data book accessories in there. You could trim the binder and not affect the data pages.

Eagle is adding 1/4" to the pattern to make the fit correct.

Hey guys great news on the covers. I know there are alot of people wanting and needing a good quality cover for their Impact Data Book.

I get many emails and requests for them along with the fact that we are selling alot of books and we are staying really busy.

The market is their for you masters of nylon to come up with something that the shooters want and need.

We will be more then happy to send our book customers to the guys that have covers for them.

We just got the new black binders in today so you will now have the option of black or tan binders.

The RNR pages shipped to use today so the rnr options for books will be oping up as well. Keep your eyes opened.

As a reminder we are only offering the first 100 page types right the rest will be opened up shortly.

idbb.jpg

idbb2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We just got the new black binders in today so you will now have the option of black or tan binders.

The RNR pages shipped to use today so the rnr options for books will be oping up as well. Keep your eyes opened.

As a reminder we are only offering the first 100 page types right the rest will be opened up shortly.

idbb.jpg

idbb2.jpg
</div></div>

I finally placed an order for a Impact Data book, and a data book cover, I ordered it through one of the local vendors (who's also on here I believe) Triad Tactical. I keep my money local if the option is available. Looking forward to my data book, i'll likely change out some pages and order new pages from Impact once I see what I think i'll actually need more of.

Branden

Branden I hope you like your book and ist working for you let us know if you ned anything else!!