• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Data Books Paper?

Re: Impact Data Books Paper?

80wt will give you a thick sturdy feel but data may become smudged when it gets wet.

the rite in rain paper is about the same thickness and weight of printer paper, a bit more prone to tearing, but when contacted with water data wont smudge. i've taken a sheet and soaked it in water for shits and giggles. let it dry and it was like brand new, data stayed intact.

i reinforce the binder ring holes with those stick on things to keep the pages from tearing out.

Damned if you do (80 wt) Damned if you don't(Rite in Rain).

I went with the Rite in the Rain paper just in case I spill some Kool-aid on my book...
grin.gif

i've also found that the ink in a basic BIC pen works the best. no ink bleed/smudge when wet.

the gel ink pens like pilot g2's were the worst. even the ink in my fisher space pen didn't fair to well, i think the rite in rain pens might be using the fisher refills too. not positive though.

you are correct ... they use the fisher refills.