• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Data Books - What is your preference?

GTGunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2011
Central Florida
I am looking to order my first data book from IDB. I will order one of their pre-made books since I am new to long range precision rifle shooting and data books. I like the compactness of the pocket books but I am concerned the size of the text on the pages will be too small for my tired eyes.
tired.gif

For you guys that have IDBs what do you recommend......standard size or pocket size?

Thanks for the inputs!

Re: Impact Data Books - What is your preference?

If you have tired eyes I will recommend the standard size book for your needs.

The pocket book was designed for military and LEO's that have limited space and need to keep the size down. Plus they all have young sharp eyes LOL.

The standard size book gives you alot more room for notes and other information as well.

We look forward to filling your order no matter what you end up choosing.

Thank you for your support!

Nomad: Thanks for the input. I will place my order tonight. Is there any difference in the content of your pre-made book and the SH version listed on the site?

Yes there is a difference between the two!

All our books offer the same index and reference pages no matter what version of our books you purchase. The reason is that the index pages are stuffed full of all the tables, charts and formulas that you will find yourself needing.

The content taht makes up the book will be different.

Our premade books offer a great book taht gives you plenty of the basic data collection type pages circles, squares, silhoutte's and so forth.

The SH book layout is the layout Frank likes and what he likes in his data book. You can check out the thread at the top of the page it ahs the breakdown of what is in that book in there.

If you have any questions please PM me, or call the shop phone. I am boxing up orders, and filling racks and all the stuff that I do to keep up with the demand so that we dont fall behind.

Copy all....thanks for the vectors Nomad! As much as I wanted to get the Snipers Hide book, I spent some time on the IDB website today to figure out what all those pages were all about and decided to opt out. Just felt there were pages I wouldn't use such as the LD-CV load development pages. I will be shooting factory match ammo....at least for the foreseeable future.

Instead, I purchased one of your pre-made books and added some additional pages that I felt I would need.....plus I couldn't pass on those Bin Laden pages and downloadable targets!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks again for the help you lend us up and coming shooters!