• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact NBK stock?

SDHNTR

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2023
San Diego
I’ve got an NBK on the way for a hunting build. Need a stock for it. Ideally something along the lines of a Manners EH1 or McM Game Hunter. Likely using Hawkins Hunter M5 DBM.

I don’t mind having to bed the recoil lug, skim the inletting and maybe make some minor adjustments like sanding the barrel channel to make it fit just right, but don’t want to have to get crazy with a Dremel. I don’t have access to an end mill. The depth of the inletting top and bottom needs to be correct out of the box.

I see some companies make stocks inlet for Impact actions. I imagine these will drop right in. Then, of course most everybody makes a stock for a Rem clone. If I go with one of these, how much fitting work can I expect? Does the trigger hanger pose a problem or make a need for more adjustment to inletting? I’m trying to put this thing together without having to wait 6 months for a built to order stock. Anyone have good luck with a particular stock and an Impact action?

Reactions: 300NIMP
If you want that style of stock I'd just order what you want from Manners, but you're going to wait. You can buy other R700 inlets but you might have to relieve for the bolt handle and bolt stop and unless its done with a mill and refinished it doesn't look right. You might get lucky and see one pop up for sale on the classifieds or see them go in stock some place like Altus and you can always cancel your order with Manners if something comes available.

I just put together a hunting rifle on an Impact and dropped it in a MDT HNT26 folder. I was looking for a Manners LRH or CS2 mini chassis for it but couldn't find one, got the MDT out the door for less than a Manners with mini chassis would have cost me (even used) plus it weighs over a pound less and folds. It was on the dealers shelf and I had it in 2 days. I've only had it out to the range twice since putting it together but so far it's a sweet little rig.

I was typing up the link for the TS Customs KS1 and DBD beat me to it.

Not sure if this one is still available?

Last edited:
Anybody have any experience with a Greyboe Terrain and Impact? They are available now, and the price is right.

Anybody have any experience with a Greyboe Terrain and Impact? They are available now, and the price is right.
No experience with Grayboe stocks and Impact actions, but I'd pick the phoenix over the terrain. Practically the same weight with more features and can be found barely used for the price of a new Terrain, which not a lot of people buy and sell secondhand. Then again, if all you need is an adjustable cheekpiece, which I do for my renegade which has a higher comb than the terrain, just put a stock pack or an aftermarket cheekpiece on yourself. Regardless, you can call Grayboe and they probably have an answer as to what if any stock work will be required to fit your action.

I just finished putting an NBK in a foundation revelation. Running a 22” bartlien CF, in M24 profile. No work. Just screwed it in with the Hawkins hunter you’re thinking about. Might be a little heavier than you’re looking for but it is a joy to shoot.

I'd stay clear of anything on the light weight side form grayboe, my phoenix was a flexible Tupperware pos. Sold that thing quickly.

I sold all my manners hunting stocks and replaced them all with the TS customs ks1 stocks after I got my first ks1 and compared it to my manners stocks

I sold all my manners hunting stocks and replaced them all with the TS customs ks1 stocks after I got my first ks1 and compared it to my manners stocks
That’s good to know. Could you please elaborate? Specifically what was it that you liked over and above manners?

Last edited:
$850-900 no problem.

Attachments

• 24F10E1E-3CDD-4587-84A1-083167C9DDF2.png
    24F10E1E-3CDD-4587-84A1-083167C9DDF2.png
    827.4 KB · Views: 65
That’s good to know. Could you please elaborate? Specifically what was it that you liked over and above manners?
The inlet job is perfect, the hight of the comb, you don’t need adjustable cheek, which keeps weight down, the paint job is very well done and probably the most important thing for me is the grip is closer to the trigger, you don’t have to reach for it and so easier to make a nice trigger pull. In my experience anything TS customs does is done right.

Reactions: 300NIMP
The inlet job is perfect, the hight of the comb, you don’t need adjustable cheek, which keeps weight down, the paint job is very well done and probably the most important thing for me is the grip is closer to the trigger, you don’t have to reach for it and so easier to make a nice trigger pull. In my experience anything TS customs does is done right.
Very helpful. Thanks

Reactions: jmw
I just purchased 2 TS customs stocks for my impact 787 and NBK. Awesome stocks that fit me. No disappointment

Reactions: jmw