• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Trigger Hangar for TriggerTech Diamond?

ThePretzel

Mr. Anonymous Bread Product
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
Colorado
My Impact Precision action recently arrived and I was wondering if anyone knew what the proper trigger hangar to use with a TriggerTech Diamond was?

I briefly tested the 0 and -15 trigger hangars that came with the action, but they both resulted in a pretty bad hitch on close where the action would de-cock at first until it caught the sear, then it would re-cock for the rest of the bolt closing.

Never shot my impact before sold it but the 0 was what Tate recommend to use for the Diamond, have seen others not being able to get the lowest setting out of the Diamond without issues. I had mine set at 1lb and it cycled fine, not sure that will help you but it's worth a shot.

That's interesting, it seems to me like it needs a +10 or +15ish hanger for perfect sear engagement with my Diamond. It was bad enough with the 0 hanger that you could visibly see the rear of the firing pin moving in and out of the bolt body as you closed the bolt.

I've got a new build on an impact 737r with Diamond and it does the same thing with 0: cocks on open perfectly, then when closing a slight decocks slightly (maybe 10%), then as I close bolt fully it recocks pin to original position.

To be fair it's pretty hard to not be during normal operation but it's there. I'll try the -15 to see if that helps but I spoke with Impact after buying action and they can cut any size needed. I don't see it as an issue, just a slight annoyance more than anything and only if I'm trying to feel it.

Any resolution to what you guys were finding? I just got my impact and based on what everyone is saying I assume this how it is supposed to operate (deckock slightly on close and then a recocks back again).

Yeah, after talking with Tate I learned it was nearly a 50/50 action.

More importantly I realized I'm an idiot and had the trigger hangar backwards, which caused a large bump. It's very smooth when you put the trigger hangar in the correct way around.

Yeah, after talking with Tate I learned it was nearly a 50/50 action.

More importantly I realized I'm an idiot and had the trigger hangar backwards, which caused a large bump. It's very smooth when you put the trigger hangar in the correct way around.
Can you show photos the correct way of the hanger.i probably got mine backwards to i got same issue

I thought it could only go in one way but now I’m going to have to pull mine out and look.

Just going off memory which is spotty lately but it seems like there was a notch or something on the safety side that made it obvious.

This is how mine is installed. I do get a bit of “drag” on the last bit of bolt cycle when feeding a round.
411AC09E-F507-40B4-920E-A71FD2BA2333.jpeg

Poor engineering design if it can be installed the wrong way.
It can be installed the wrong way, kind of, but you can tell it's wrong. It doesn't sit in as nice and flush inside the milled out pocket in the action like it does when you have it the right way around. I just got mixed up when I removed the hangar from the action and installed the trigger.

My tip, since I don't have my rifle apart to double check it, is to try putting the trigger hangar in both ways. You'll feel that one way fits better than the other way, it's definitely noticeable. The part where I got messed up was in making sure that I installed the trigger facing the correct direction inside the hangar. I removed the hangar from the action and got it all turned around before I installed my trigger, so just pay attention to which direction makes the hangar fit nicely and which makes it fit terribly.

Just got back from Vacation. I had mine installed backwards and mine does fit perfectly in the milled out section either way. I have a left handed action maybe this run was different. Either way, swapping it around now has the bolt close feel more natural with less effort required. Does anybody know how much the rear protrusion should differ from bolt out, to fully cocked? I'm getting about 0.019-0.020"