• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Trigger Hanger Bracket Torque

Cardboard Assassin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2020
Canada
Does anyone know if there is a magic number for what value to two small screws that hold the trigger hanger in an Impact 737R should be torqued to?

If there is they sure made it hard to find - I've searched the Impact site and trawled the web (including here).

Maybe there isn't a magic value and I just have to wing it?

Reactions: Snprdog
Thanks Cynical.

I’m an OCD type and semi winged it in the end, didn’t have value given to me but 15 inch lbs felt “right”

Wing it on the finger tight side of torque. I don’t think they can even physically come out once the action is torqued into a stock or chassis.

The screws can absolutely back out, and have done it for me. The danger is that if it backs out enough, and the sear is no longer engaged, the firing pin will drop on bolt close.

I use blue loctite on my trigger hanger screws for all my Impact actions now.

The screws can absolutely back out, and have done it for me. The danger is that if it backs out enough, and the sear is no longer engaged, the firing pin will drop on bolt close.

I use blue loctite on my trigger hanger screws for all my Impact actions now.

Good to know, what chassis or stock?

This is an old thread but I just wanted to confirm that the trigger hanger screws will back out. It happened to me in a match today. Fortunately it only lead to light hits. Blue loctite and retorqued. Everything now seems fine.

Reactions: skip9693