• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact/Xylo fitment issue

Jeremy45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Odessa, TX
Hello,

Has anyone put an Impact in a Xylo?
I saw on the ARC website that the Xylo is relieved for trigger hangers but when I try and drop an Impact in, the trigger hanger doesn't clear. Is the Impact hanger unusually large compared to other trigger hangers?

Not excited to start milling on a $1300 chassis but don't want to order something else and run into the same issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Can you tell where its hitting?

It looks like the hanger is wider than the groove that is milled in the chassis for a hanger. You get marks on the sides of the "V" going down toward the hanger slot.

I will pull the trigger and try, just to see, but it definitely appears to be the hanger itself. It will rock back and forth with the pivot point being the front of the hanger.

Reactions: 6brshooter
Looks like arc would have measured one of the most popular actions being sold and made machining for it.

Here it is sans trigger, still no joy.

You can see where the hanger hits.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200726_164818.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_164818.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 96
  • MVIMG_20200726_164808.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_164808.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 102
  • MVIMG_20200726_165038.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_165038.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 92
Sucks it does not fit, but looks like it won't take much to get it right. The xylo will be worth it though!!!

Yeah that would be quite frustrating, I'm gonna take mine apart tomorrow and see how it differs. I'll be anxious to hear what they tell you.

Just tried to put my impact with hanger and no trigger into the xylo chassis. Does not drop in. Seems like the front hanger screw is hitting right behind the mag well but in front of the trigger area if that makes sense.
Maybe if they had a lower profile screw head it would drop in?
Having similar issues with the impact and the X ray but I knew that before I started.
Anyone have any ideas on lower profile screw heads?

It definitely hurt my feelings milling on my aiax chassis’s to fit an Impact. But its worth it 100%. It doesn’t take much either.

When I say mill I mean dremel. The ultimate poor mans mill 😂 I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to mill out for a badger!

Just tried to put my impact with hanger and no trigger into the xylo chassis. Does not drop in. Seems like the front hanger screw is hitting right behind the mag well but in front of the trigger area if that makes sense.
Maybe if they had a lower profile screw head it would drop in?
Having similar issues with the impact and the X ray but I knew that before I started.
Anyone have any ideas on lower profile screw heads?
Mine actually hits the hanger. It would be awesome if you only had to clearance for the screw.

Just to close the loop on this thread. The first revision of the chassis was not cleared for a hanger. Current revision is, which explains the discrepancy. Arc said they would be happy to fix it I I want them to.