• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Import/Export Laws for high capacity magazines...

z71rat

Gunny
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2004
Whitney, TX
I am wondering if anyone has any specific information concerning the shipping and receiving of 10 round magazines going to Australia??

My magazine conversions utilize the body of a H&K G3 20 rounder, and then modified to make a 10 round magazine for Savage centerfeed and Axis/Edge bolt action rifles. The question revolves around the G3 body itself.

Everything seems to be so vague, so I was wondering if anyone had any specifics about this. Thanks in advance!!

DK

SEA1-1.jpg

Re: Import/Export Laws for high capacity magazines...

u will find that ITAR and DOD will play havoc with you trying to get anything over the cost of 100 dollars over to aus

also the Australian customs will have a shitfit when they see it and hold it

on top of that you need to have an import license and that is very costly

ur best bet is to start ringing people in Australia that already have them in country

money is going to be the biggest problem on top of mountains and paperwork the question u have to ask yourself is it worth thousands of dollars to move such items.

Well, just from that alone, probably not. Thanks!!

DK

Hey mate, PM Wild Bill , he'll have a better idea of the ins and outs and will be able to set you on the right path.

My thinking is that as long as the export paperwork on your end with US customs, state dept etc are sorted properly, it shouldn't be a problem, I'm thinking the export permit on your end is the expensive part though.

The import permit at our end is up to the guy purchasing it, and as long as the paperwork is squared at the the time of arrival at customs it shouldn't be a problem.

The parent mag body won't be a drama as it's not like it can be reconstructed to fit back into a G3, just have it marked as what it is savage 10rd mag etc.

Nice work mate, looks like a good bit of kit.

JJ

edit: to include a link to the right WildBill.

Thanks for the compliments and the insight JJ. I will be doing just that.

DK

I tried to PM him, but his box is apparently full at the moment...

DK

And the cost of the complete magazine assembly, ready to go, is less than $100.00US... I know there is an issue of shipping anything over $100.00 worth of goods there, so I don't know how much that helps things.

DK

Here we go first post, have been a lurker for a while. Import into Australia is not much hassle. More issues exporting from the US I think?

The end user in Australia needs to fill out a b709a for import permit (no cost) is downloded from state police website, and completed form should arrive back in 10 days, include that with package/shipping and all sould be good. The import value has to be below $1000 other wise if it is over it will incur GST,customs hold it and chage storage and it gets very expensive! Just make sure that the mag is 10 rounds and below and not part or very obvious part of a semi auto or MG and all will run smoothly. You can't import, as yet (impending law change) mags that are out of semi autos for bolt actions.

Hope this helps.