• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Before I get e-buttfvcked by you guys has anyone tried the Innorel RT90C tripod? It's carbon fiber with 40mm tubes. Max height is about 63" and low about 7" and can support 80+ pounds. They are going for $290 or so imported from China.
Yes I'm all about supporting vendors and keeping money state side but if any vendor can sell me a similarly spec'ed tripod for the same price I'm game. Two Vets sells a similar one (40 Mike Mike) and no offense but $200 difference can buy me a shit load of other stuff. Yes yes.. RRS buy once cry once. I honestly I think I'll be fine with a $300 tripod for now.

Last edited:
Most are from China or Taiwan, might be good, might be crap. How's the return policy?

Last edited:
About 15 days. Sounds like it would be a pain in the dick but still might be worth the significant savings.

Hopefully not 15 days from the purchase date if it’s coming from China.

Reactions: cmoore806
Hopefully not 15 days from the purchase date if it’s coming from China.
Highly doubt it. I’ll take one for the team and order one shortly. If it’s good to go I’ll let y’all know. If it’s shit I’ll advise as well. Regardless it should be beefy enough for a pair of binos or a LRF. It’ll be put to use either way.

Reactions: SHFoG(x)
I almost pulled the trigger on one until I saw that the legs only have two angles. They don’t have the position that gets them low to the ground.

Where are you seeing it for $290?

I almost pulled the trigger on one until I saw that the legs only have two angles. They don’t have the position that gets them low to the ground.

Where are you seeing it for $290?
Let me look again. I might be confusing the one I saw with the one I mentioned. I did see the pic though. It was 7” off the ground.
Stand by let me look. It was on Aliexpress.

Is there a reason you’re wanting CF? Unless I was using it for a mountain hunt, I would think a heavier setup would be better for minimizing movement and absorbing recoil. Pardon my ignorance, I’ve only shot off a tripod a couple of times.

Reactions: gconnoyer
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32840...d=6593amp-cP6o80s2v8o3lm5bEx35Bw1544152515390

Scroll down a bit and look at the user pictures. You can see one set up low. Looking at it now if that’s 10cm from the top of the plate that’ll be almost 4”. Looks like it has 3 levels of adjustment.

They didn’t have the user pics when I was looking at them but yeah it does show it down low. Further down in the ad it states two leg positions with pics, neither of which are the low showed in the user pic. Order one and test it out for us! I went with the PVA on the Black Friday sale. Very similar looking unit but I have someone other than China to look to for support if something goes south with it.

If you study the user pictures you can see the 3 stops for the legs to adjust to. Could be a translation thing too. Who knows. Either way I’ll check it out and as mentioned I can always use it for something like binos, spotter, LRF. Those are all low impact items.

8474B187-5143-4005-BA38-827377E89F5F.jpeg

Oops. I’m sure I can find it elsewhere from overseas.

Edited to add: Found it on Amazon from USA Innorel for $39 more. 2 year accident warranty is $13.88 extra.

Last edited:
Reactions: adamford150
Decided to give this a try. Found it on 6elec.com. Currently running a 20% off entire order through Dec. 12th. Got the tripod with the U44 ball head for a little less than $275. Figured I would take a gamble for that price. I'll try to update with my thoughts once it comes in. For that price, like the OP said, use it for a spotter or LRF if it turns out to be shit for a rifle.

Decided to give this a try. Found it on 6elec.com. Currently running a 20% off entire order through Dec. 12th. Got the tripod with the U44 ball head for a little less than $275. Figured I would take a gamble for that price. I'll try to update with my thoughts once it comes in. For that price, like the OP said, use it for a spotter or LRF if it turns out to be shit for a rifle.
Let us know what you think. At a minimum itll work just fine for a spotter or LRF im sure

I am looking for a second tri-pod for the spotter. The RRS is great and a game changer for shooting but if I could save $1,200 for the spotter that would be a really good thing.

Reactions: Downtown
Last edited:
Curious to see your experience as well wouldn’t mind trying one for shooting, but really can’t afford the entry fee for most the options out there.

Reactions: BOOMS
This thread is relevant to my interests. I've had the rt80c in my Amazon cart for weeks now waiting for some real world reports to come out on them.

I’m still going to get the RT90C. I got side tracked with other expenses that popped up. Usually happens around this time of year. The tripod looks promising.

I predict some good-enough-for-spotting-scopes CF tripods that can mate with RRS ballhead will be coming out of China in the next 6-12 months. I would expect the price to be in the $100 - $200 range.

The rt80c is a good tripod to carry the leveling base is not as smooth as the rt90c. prob better suited to a ball head. I cleaned the bowl up mine up and is better now but still not as good as the rt90c.

Couple of photos of the rt80c and the rt90c

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_194645.jpg
    IMG_20181015_194645.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 1,818
  • IMG_20181018_173205.jpg
    IMG_20181018_173205.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 1,828
  • IMG_20181018_173503.jpg
    IMG_20181018_173503.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_20180915_165818.jpg
    IMG_20180915_165818.jpg
    937.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • IMG_20180806_210009.jpg
    IMG_20180806_210009.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,595
Does it work like a leaving base, or does it just adapt the bowl to a flat base?

Does it work like a leaving base, or does it just adapt the bowl to a flat base?

If you wanted to run a Ta-3 leveling base, you would use the bowl that comes with the ta-3 by removing the center plate that ships on the tripod. Not sure if you can use the oem bowl that they say ships with the tripod with a ta-3, but no need to anyways since the ta-3 comes with its’ own.

I have used a few but now using Andoer clamps and rails. Just photo gear but has been strong enough so far. The 300mm rail is screwed into 5mm threaded holes in the hs3 chassis.

Question for those of you who have used tripods more than I (for shooting support, anyway): do you prefer the twist lock legs, or cam lock?

The reason I ask is that I have a Manfrotto 055 and a 190, both with three section cam-lock legs. For a short while I had a 190 with four section legs because it was shorter/more compact in the stowed mode... but it had twist lock legs. Didn't particularly care for that setup - always running into issues with trouble deploying (not loose enough) or stability in use (came loose unexpectedly).

Not sure if there are any imported tripods out there with similar features, but cam-lock legs?

Ordered the RT90C through Amazon (Innorel USA) and opted for the extra 2 year warranty against breakage for an additional $13. I figure in two years time I'll get something "better". The tripod should be arriving after Xmas. I'll be sure to give my off the cuff thoughts on it once it is in my hands.

Reactions: memilanuk
Quick overview.. Picked up the RT90C from UPS today and went home to mess with it. Immediate thoughts are that it is substantial and nicely constructed. The locking collars are smooth and don’t feel gritty when turning. The position/pivot locking tabs are smooth to push in and out. The anodizing looks even as well. I don’t see anything chintzy about this $300 tripod. Only thing I need to do is loosen the tension on the pivots so the legs can swing out easier. It’s super stiff right now. The main legs are 40mm. The included carry bag is nicely padded.
And yes. It can go LOW. I’m happy so far with the purchase from just messing with it.
E559F57B-9584-451F-BE16-B79538271D34.jpeg7F20EE3A-CB18-42E2-837B-3EDE27E50371.jpeg

Last edited:
Much more $$ but I have Gitzo Carbon Fiber Tripod >20 years and was made in France , but now In Italy...at least not in China!

Reactions: 338LMAI
I’m good with $300 for now if it’s going to give me the same “performance” so to speak as a $1000+ setup. I’m not going to go out of my way to avoid China. Hell half the stuff on my body right now is made somewhere in Asia.

Fx77, if you are reading and replying on a smartphone it is probably made in China, if you are using a PC look where the mouse is made, if a laptop do the same.

While not great to use Chinese kit sometimes you just do! ??

Have orders the 80 from the same supplier, will use it possibly 6-8 times a year. RRS is nice but I’d gain more by spending the money in ammo and practice ?

Reactions: fx77
Fx77, if you are reading and replying on a smartphone it is probably made in China, if you are using a PC look where the mouse is made, if a laptop do the same.

While not great to use Chinese kit sometimes you just do! ??

Have orders the 80 from the same supplier, will use it possibly 6-8 times a year. RRS is nice but I’d gain more by spending the money in ammo and practice ?
Sometimes it just feels good to try to avoid financing our nation's destruction. JMHO. Everyone has his own choice to make and effort to expend.
Like buying a flannel shirt from American Giant for ex...Woven and sewn in USA....

https://www.american-giant.com/home/

did you ever receive your purchase from this website. I went the same route and am hoping I didn't get scammed.

Reactions: =NovemberAlpha=
I saw that site as well during my research and it just seemed too fishy for me.