• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Improving Tikka feed ramp

Re: Improving Tikka feed ramp

Interesting that you would post this today. I was going to start a thread when I got home.

I discovered yesterday that even if someone *DOES* finally come up with a LA Magnum DBM for the Tikka action, max. mag length rds will not feed into the action. I too was wondering if anyone had come up against this and had worked through it.

My 300Wm single feeds flawlessly. I do know that on my .260 build about every 1 in 100 rds. the nose of the bullet will get stuck *below* the feedramp instead of feeding up into the chamber. Is this what you're talking about?

John

Interesting.

I have the same problem occasionally. I'm using a XLR chassis on my tikka .223 and the max length the.223 AICS mags allow is 2.5something. Well I found that occasionally they will go straight out of the mag and not up into the chamber.

I was wondering of there's a way to mill something similar to what ARs have in relation to feed ramp, but to make just one groove bc it's a single stack mag.

I did it Saturday night in a hotel room with a round file. Shot the lone start match and found out the hard way I had seated my 180's a hair to long. It can be done just like a remington, just ad a bit of a notch for the tips to come up. Just don't take to much. Solved my feeding problem for the weekend.

+1 I would be first paying customer if someone could make my .223 tikka single feed.!!!

Post pics if possible.

I'll try to remember to when I get home. Still need to clean the dried mud off it anyway.