• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMR 4320 - .223

WiNdTeCh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Does anyone use IMR 4320 for .223 loads? I never hear much about it, and when I search it, I find basically nothing.

Re: IMR 4320 - .223

Probably because of the large stick size and the small neck. Bridging is a major headache with that combination. The ball powders flow so much better in that configuration. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably because of the large stick size and the small neck. Bridging is a major headache with that combination. The ball powders flow so much better in that configuration. JMHO </div></div>

Varget is even worse in my eyes.... but everyone loves varget...

I guess a lot depends upon the measure. I ran some tests with a Redding, a Lyman, and a Dillon. With 4895 or Varget they all were within +/- .2 gr. With RL 19, the Redding and Lyman were the same but the Dillon would bridge about 3 time out of 5. Interesting, but frustrating.