• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMR 7828 Experiences

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
All I could previously find to load in my 6.5 RPM was us869 and it’s super sensitive and frustrating to load with. Found some 7828ssc and got 5 pounds of it. Hoping it works out! Is this powder pretty temp stable for not being an extreme powder? Does it like heavy pills? I’ll be loading the 153.5 bergers with it

nope not temp stable. I have tried it and it will very up to 100fps in a 300 mag. i would actually uncock the bolt if i could not find target within 10 sec.Stan

Reactions: diderr
What I might have to do is use this rifle and load in the fall (hunting season) through the early spring if I find a load. I have my little “trainer” 308 I’m probably going to use more and more. Eventually this gun will be a 6.5-284 norma then my 308 will really get more range time so I can save the barrel more