• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMR 7828 SSC

Mr. F

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
Found some of this locally, having a hard time finding data or first hand accounts on it.

Is anyone out there loading 6.5PRC or 6.5mm-.284 Norma with good results?

Both cartridges will handle it well.

I run it in a straight 284 win with 162 amax/bthp and they fly 2930 with good accuracy. I think I remember hearing it's not super temp stable, but I've run it for a 30 to 40 round afternoon and the groups hold up for me.

Find a similar volume case/ bore ratio cartridge and guesstimate from there. If you're crunching powder on your starting load, there's too much powder in there.

MR.F it will do just fine. my 284 norma likes 51.0 useing berger bullets 140 gr. elite hunter i'm jumping them .020". In my 6.5 prc i'm useing the 156 EOL bullet. Both rifles have 28" barrels.

How's the temp sensitivity on it? Can i expect the same i expect out of say h4350 on 6.5 CM?

I’ve used 7828 in 6.5 prc with good accuracy. Speed wasn’t phenomenal but it’s workable given that retumbo, rl25/26 and H1000 are near impossible to find.

Reactions: HogsLife