• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of a higher mount

sevensix2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2022
America
Here's the problem: I'm 6'6" and the world just wasn't designed for guys my size. I'm currently using a Vortex mount on my AR 308 rifle, but I find it hard to get a consistent view thru the scope because I'm having to bunch way down due to my proportionately long neck. I'm seriously thinking about getting this American Defense 1.93" mount, but it's pretty pricey not knowing the brand or quality to expect. If anyone has any experience with these, or has a suggestion for something the same height or even a little taller I'd love to hear. I'm using a Magpul PRS scope so cheek weld will not be an issue at all. Thanks in advance, fellas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014_152236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014_152236_Chrome.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 22
I wouldn’t buy anything with vertical rings. They tend to squeeze scope tubes funny and bind erectors (this is from Frank/SH owner).

Here’s a few options:

30mm tube, 48mm/1.89” or 1.93” high​

Spuhr (1.89”)
  • Also check Mile High for some discontinued Spuhr models
Badger Ordnance (1.93”)

34mm tube, 48mm/1.89” or 1.93” high​

Spuhr (1.89”)
Badger Ordnance (1.93”)

Riser​

Bobro (double decker adds 5/8” or 16mm)
Bobro is pretty high quality, better than Leupold (had both)

Last edited:
Reactions: sevensix2
Pro tip when on Mile High’s website: to get the filtering to work I had to turn my phone on its side (landscape mode). I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and am using Safari.

Irritating. They should fire their web dev.

I wouldn’t buy anything with vertical rings. They tend to squeeze scope tubes funny and bind erectors (this is from Frank/SH owner).

Here’s a few options:

30mm tube, 48mm/1.89” or 1.93” high​

Spuhr (1.89”)
Badger Ordnance (1.93”)

34mm tube, 48mm/1.89” or 1.93” high​

Spuhr (1.89”)
Badger Ordnance (1.93”)

Riser​

Bobro (double decker adds 5/8” or 16mm)
Bobro is pretty high quality, better than Leupold (had both)
Man, that stuff is a little out of range right now. Honestly, the 260 is more than I really want to spend, but it's just about necessary at this point.
The riser adds half an inch.

I run one on my AR and love it.

-Stan
That might be the way to go. Much appreciated.

Just checked MI. I've got a few things from them that work really well. Their high is 1.9. Haven't tried their rings, but their rails and ak mounts work great.

Man, that stuff is a little out of range right now. Honestly, the 260 is more than I really want to spend, but it's just about necessary at this point.

That might be the way to go. Much appreciated.
The thing is, you’ll have the scopes longer than the rifle, and the mounts longer than the scope. That’s what I tell myself anyway lol

Reactions: stanley_white