• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of a new PRS pack.

FN-Whitney

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
I need a new prs pack, I was looking at the mystery ranch scree 32. Just curious what everybody else was using without getting too large.

Kifaru Antero is my PRS pack
Kifaru Reckoning is my hunting and field match pack

I cut back a LOT on what I carry at matches, and I am using an Eberlestock Bandit now. Small, fairly light, well built, and I can get all my crap in it with my fat bag hanging off the tail.

Kifaru is my go to, it carries the weight far better than eberlestock but does costs more. I wouldn’t not hesitate on dropping the cash on one again though.

Eberlestock FAC Track is my go to match pack. I put a couple of the 2 liter pouches on the sides and it works great to carry all my gear and is very comfortable with the weight.

Reactions: Trek
The scree is what I use. I love the pack! It is a great size and very comfortable once you get it adjusted for you. The tri zip design is great and makes getting to stuff at the bottoms easier. All the internal pocket sizes are very usable.

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_154536.jpg
    IMG_20190504_154536.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I’m still new to all of this. I looked and reviewed for a long time. I ended up getting a kifaru shape charge. The size seems
good and so far it’s doing everything I need it to do.

I shot a match yesterday and finally came to a conclusion. I've been resisting the stroller thing but seeing so many people pushing them along while I'm humping all this heavy gear = I'm giving in and setting one up. That's it...I can't hold out any longer. :LOL:

have used eberlestock GS2 and operator in the past

picked up a kuiu pro 2300. and am pissed i didnt sooner. super light. tons of pockets. extremely comfortable. easy rifle mounting

I shot a match yesterday and finally came to a conclusion. I've been resisting the stroller thing but seeing so many people pushing them along while I'm humping all this heavy gear = I'm giving in and setting one up. That's it...I can't hold out any longer. :LOL:

I’m pretty sure the American Rifle Series is set to ban the use of strollers. Rumour also has it some MDs are set to make you run the Mousetrap / Tower with what you bring ???

Do it, lol. I drug one of these around K&M in May at the Kahles match - it was great other than taking it apart and putting it in the back of the suburban each day.

Do it, lol. I drug one of these around K&M in May at the Kahles match - it was great other than taking it apart and putting it in the back of the suburban each day.

That does look like a chore to pack up and haul but I am fully on board now. I don't even care how much crap I get, I'm jumping in! :)

I just looked up jogging strollers on C-List and found one close by for $20 so I got it, no brainer. I already mounted my clamps to hold the rifle and now I'm looking at how to hold the tripod, I think another set of clamps. I got room for everything now, hell I might even haul a lawn chair now. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: superde
I have a 511 Tactical Rush 24. It is not waterproof. Not even water resistant. Consider this feature in any pack you look at. I learned the hard way.
Bang

Reactions: Eustice
This very thing makes me appreciate the multi-day ruck matches. You can use any and all gear you want, but you have to carry it... for 3 days. And maintain a 16-17 minute/mile pace between stages. And run every stage with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Youre going to get a ton of suggestions and most will be good. I have a eberlestock hi speed II and it is perfect for matches here in the south east. carries well and has room for anything i need.

To add more than my previous comment. I’ve used an Eberlestock Gunslinger II and from looking at other oacks I think I’d prefer the Gunslinger over the Gunslinger II. I’m about to try a G3 phantom and I think I’ll like that better for the ease of accessibility of the main compartment.

The biggest thing is to lay out all your gear you need for a match. Every piece of it. Now toss half of it away cause you don’t actually use/need it. Then find a pack that can carry what you’ve got left.