• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of AI comp trigger Guru

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    OK,

I have an AI comp trigger that is 100% reliable. I know it is meant to be operated as a 2 stage that it was designed to be, but does anyone here know how to tune the trigger to be as light as possible and still be as reliable as it can be? I have lightened up each stage but would like to take some travel out of the 1st stage but also dont want to run into some of the problems everyone has read about with it not being safe due to slam fires and the like. I have not touched any of the sear engagement b/c i know damn well i would fuck it up. But as my good friend always says "If you aint the man, you call the man." Well, who is the man when it comes to tuning these triggers with 100% reliability that i have had with it to date? I always keep my factory trigger in my match pack incase this one acts stupid but (knock on wood) haven't needed to swap it out ever. Im willing to send my comp trigger to someone notable and pay a fair fee to tune this trigger, if it can even be done and stay reliable. If not, i'll leave it be and continue enjoying it as it is.

I've done a few of the std triggers, none of the comp triggers. With what little I've done, I found that when you lighten the first stage you will introduce the possibility of drop/bump firing. I haven't found a way around this
    It all depends on how light you're trying to get.
    I believe I got mine at 8oz first stage, 12 oz 2nd stage, totaling 20oz if I remember right

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    How light do you have it? How light do you want it?

The issues I've heard were mostly adjusting it to single stage, then sub-1#

How light do you have it? How light do you want it?

The issues I've heard were mostly adjusting it to single stage, then sub-1#

Eh, i dont know exactly where it is right now. I dont have a pull gauge. I dont have a weight in mind, per se, but just lighter to where it feels good i guess. It would be awesome if they offered a single stage comp trigger option since AI came out with a "comp rifle." I would jump all over a nice crisp single stage trigger. It aint gonna happen tho.

My comp trigger #1 was insane out of the bag, it was like 8 oz total. Took a bit of fiddling to get it to where I like it, 1.25# total (10oz/10oz) 2-stage.

Trigger #2 was right what it said it should be out of the bag, something like 1.25-1.5# 2-stage. Took very little work to get it identical to Trigger #1.

You can pretty easily follow the directions to turn it into a single stage, I would just be very cautious as you approach 1#.

If you're dead set on a single stage (which...WHY??? if you're a true AI fanboi), go slow, take notes on what you're adjusting, and see where you can get it. Otherwise my advice is 10oz/10oz, it's the sweet spot for me at least. I also adjusted the first stage travel to be identical to the OG factory trigger, I had too many thousands of trigger pulls with it to want to change.