• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors In need of an older model flash hider - AAC 18T 1/2 x 28

tiger2016

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2020
Georgia
I have an AAC 762-SD suppressor (maybe 8-10 yrs old) that I want to use on an AR-15 5.56, but the 18-teeth flash hider adapter required has been discontinued by AAC. I've looked everywhere online for new and used (ebay, gundeals, gunbroker, etc), and have found nothing. I can't get in touch with anyone at AAC - since they were acquired by Remington their website is dead and phone message just says that the offices are closed. Remington is no help either.

Anyway, any leads on where I could possibly find one used (or new) would be greatly appreciated!

Here a link just to show a photo:
https://bullseyegun.com/aac-blackout-fh-5-56mm-18t-1-2x28/

PS - even if you come across this post much later, I'll likely still be interested in picking up a spare.

An 18t? Yea that's going to be hard to find. Hell, the 51t is damn near impossible. If you can swing it I'd just send the can off to Ecco Machine and have them modify it for a newer mount. There's a waiting list of course but that's probably the best long-term fix.

Ive got an 18 tooth also. What I did was pull the c-clips out of it and drilled and tapped some Allen screws through the can and into the flash hider. I basically made it into a direct thread. I also smeared on a pile of rock set on it before screwing everything together. Been using it for years like that. I use the heavy bugger on my comp gun because the poi doesnt shift with heat.

So what I'd say is just buy a new can if you want a QD mount. Plus they have come up with way better designs that are a hell of a lot better than what they were 15 years ago.

Xdeano

Reactions: tiger2016
An 18t? Yea that's going to be hard to find. Hell, the 51t is damn near impossible. If you can swing it I'd just send the can off to Ecco Machine and have them modify it for a newer mount. There's a waiting list of course but that's probably the best long-term fix.
Thanks for making me aware of this option - I didn't realize that could be done. I'll check them out for sure. If I change the mount type, any suggestions for a good "industry standard" spec that could be used with other cans? Or does every manufacturer use its own unique mount like AAC?

I bought one here back in May. They don't show any in stock though. When I called the guy said he had one and it was actually in his desk.

To the best of my memory as hard as I looked it was the last one in the world.
Wow, that was a lucky find! I just tried them and they didn't have another, but thanks for the lead. Who knew such a simple part could just go extinct?! It's frustrating that AAC uses a proprietary attachment and not something more standardized.

I had my AAC can changed over to the Q plan B mount that uses cherry bomb brakes. I ended up changing a few other cans to use cherry bombs as well so most of my rifles can take any one of my cans. ECCO did the work on my AAC and I can’t recommend them enough.

It is a piss poor design in the first place. I really don't use the suppressor much but I built an AR pistol and figured I could use it on that.
I had no idea until I started looking that they were impossible to find.

I have a brand new in the package AAC 1/2x28 18t. I would sale for $150.00 or trade for a AAC 1/2x28 51t.
I am located in Oklahoma.

I have an AAC 762-SD suppressor (maybe 8-10 yrs old) that I want to use on an AR-15 5.56, but the 18-teeth flash hider adapter required has been discontinued by AAC. I've looked everywhere online for new and used (ebay, gundeals, gunbroker, etc), and have found nothing. I can't get in touch with anyone at AAC - since they were acquired by Remington their website is dead and phone message just says that the offices are closed. Remington is no help either.

Anyway, any leads on where I could possibly find one used (or new) would be greatly appreciated!

PS - even if you come across this post much later, I'll likely still be interested in picking up a spare.
Couldn’t open your link. You talking about these? I have two available.

Last edited:
Just a belated update to this post - I did buy two a few weeks ago from a commenter here, so I'm all set for now. Just want to let future readers know. Thank you all for the helpful info and for squaring me away.

Should have just sent the can to ECCO and had it modified for Omega mounts so you could use the Q plan B or several others. I did my AAC 762-SD 18T while ago. The 18T AAC mounting system is quite possibly the shittiest mounting system ever used on a suppressor.

I have a need to get banned. Ban me at 405-eight30-685eight
Matt

Ahhhh yes the ol’ 18T AAC break... still rocking mine but I just douched a mount in rock set and wrenched it in there so it’s effectively been a direct thread Suppresors the past 5 years so I would be in your situation. Plus it’s a piece of shit so I just keep it on a truck gun anyway

I'll take a look in my box. I think I have one sitting there collecting dust. I will have to check if its a 18 tooth or a 51 tooth, but I know its 1/2 x 28. Took it off a rifle I got in trade and tossed it in the bottom of the parts box.

edit. Its a 18 tooth. I don't know if its an actual AAC one or a clone. It came on a Sig556 Swat.

Attachments

• IMG_20210119_212711231.jpg
    IMG_20210119_212711231.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: cardboardkiller
Several users above in the comments noted that they have some available - have you reached out to them? I just needed one, and am all set now thanks to someone here.
Nope. I’m looking for a brake, not a flash hider, and I was hoping someone would pipe up if they had one or two they wanted to sell. Ideally I’d like to find two brakes to get the set screw mod done to my can and mounts by whoever is still doing it.

Last edited: