• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In Need of Help.........

slayer 2c

Still working on it
Minuteman
  • Jan 18, 2011
    Lost.........
    So I've recently lost my father, he and I loved to shoot together when I was young. It was one of the things that we would do just the two of us, and always had in common. I went on to join the Corp's and moved away. This site really helped me when I decided to purchase my first Long Range 700, and now I've decided to purchase an Ar-10 and kind of turn it into an homage to my Dad. Without trying to sound snobbish money isn't really an issue. I was looking G.A.P but really am leaning to a Piston gun, from everything I'm reading the piston is better for suppressed which I plan on with this project. I'm looking for suggestions for a piston gun, that will shoot like a GAP. Before I get hit with the all the "Build It!" comments, I really can't with my wife and children situation. I'll also take any suppressor suggestions you have, I'm leaning towards an Omega 300 but haven't set on it yet.

Thanks in advance!!!

If accuracy is your goal go DI. I run a can on all my semis and they are tuned with an AGB. I had a POF P308 years ago thst was awesome. Pretty accurate and 100% reliable.

If accuracy is your goal go DI. I run a can on all my semis and they are tuned with an AGB. I had a POF P308 years ago thst was awesome. Pretty accurate and 100% reliable.

What he said^^

Also if money is not a problem then without a doubt get a JP LRP07 in 6.5CM. JP now makes a offshoot of the LRP07 that is specifically designed to shoot suppressed and comes with all the bells and whistles. It's called the ...

JP LRP-07 Suppressor Ready Precision Package

Last edited:
    JP LRP-07 in your choice of 260. 6.5 creedmoor or 6 creedmoor.

I really appreciate all the responses!!! So it looks like the JP is the crowd favorite! I’ll look into them! Any suggestions on suppressor?

I’m on Jp’s Site but can’t find the suppression ready. Any chance someone has a link. I built one out, got to 7k dreaming. I think I’m gonna go JP. I want it to be special

I’m on Jp’s Site but can’t find the suppression ready. Any chance someone has a link. I built one out, got to 7k dreaming. I think I’m gonna go JP. I want it to be special

There's a YouTube video of John Paul himself talking about it, and it's also on the main page of the website, you just have to flip through the adds. It doesn't say much, you'd be better off calling and taking with Ben, Dave or Justin, they are all top notch people to work with and will answer all your questions. Also don't forget JP gives a very generous discount to active or retired Military and LEO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hcGbuFEz_s

And this will assist you With your decision...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mXXkqktfuj8

Here's another video on it, just keep in mind that you don't have to have this specific set up, comes in any
    ​​​​​​ caliber, and you can add or take off parts you don't want/need.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QlcRVECWI

Last edited:
    I recently picked up a LRP-07 in 6.5 after shooting a buddies. They truly are the pinnacle of DI gas guns IMHO.

I've had a Larue OBR and Seekins SP-10 and still own an LMT MWS and the JP is hands down my favorite from both a build and ergonomic perspective. Can't comment on accuracy of mine at this point as I'm still saving for and optic but I have the utmost faith the rifle will be more accurate than I am.

As for running suppressed, I plan on doing the same and have been looking at several options. My particular JP has the adjustable gas block and variable mass carrier and silent capture spring so I'm fairly sertain it can be adjusted to work with any suppressor / ammo combo. I have a few to try including offerings from Dead Air and Thunder Beast but I recently ordered an OSS to run on my overgassed MWS. The OSS intrigues me as it's is reported to drastically reduce / almost eliminate one of my biggest complaints with suppressing a DI gun: blowback. Guess I'll see when it gets here if it lives up to the hype vs the other cans I own.

If looking at a purely precision can though, I can't recommend Thnder Beast highly enough for there combination min POI shift, suppression, weight, and build quality.

I have the JP. It is epic. I have had the GAP ar10 and the larue and maybe 20 others on top of that. JP beat them all.

I really wanted to say thank you guys!!! I’ve settled on the JP for sure. Everything I can find on the rifle is positive. Now to start working on my own options and design. The suppressor will take 9 months to get so that’ll be the first part of the process to start!! Again I cannot thank all of you enough for pointing me in their direction!!!

Excellent choice and I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Don't hesitate to reach out to them if you have any questions. They are amazing to deal with.

I will be for certain. I cannot find anything on their site about the rifle in the videos posted above. I figure once I have my finances all set and ready to start the process I’m going to call and get the build started through them. I want to see if I can get them to install the suppressor quick adapter before it’s sent to me. The suppressor will take 9 months but I can start enjoying the rifle before that!!!