• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of support for my Nephew Westley, Please read and Pray for him.

BGE541

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2011
    VA
    All,

First off let me say "Thank You" for taking the time to read this. I am not sure this is where this belongs and if it needs to be moved that is fine but I (our family) is in need of help. I have never asked for support like this so I am not sure I am going about it the right way but I am just attempting to ease a young woman's struggles. My wife's Cousin, Lindsey, has a beautiful 2 year old boy, Westley. Lindsey is a hard working single mother that takes nothing from our Gov and works non-stop to provide for her child. My wife has been a large part of Wesley's life as when I was away she would go take care of Wesley when Lindsey was at work.

Long story short we were blessed to see Westley around Christmas time (which was right around his 2nd Birthday)... My wife got a call Tuesday night from Lindsey informing her that Westley couldn't move his legs (do to an infection/growth that was "Ok'ed" days prior) and that his white blood cell count was dropping fast. He had been fights colds etc all winter but this is something larger. They life-flighted Wesley from Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, Ore. to Dorenbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, Ore. They took bone marrow from him last night (Thurs) and don't have the results yet. They are speculating Luekiema but nothing in stone. Lindsey and Westley are very strong but are in need of supportive family now. Because of recent changes in Health Care she was cut from full time to part time at her job, thus leaving a single mother to fend for herself (and child). I know the cost of the life-flight alone is $25,000 to get the bird in the air. I don't know if writing checks to her is a good way to go or what but I am asking for support... Not just $ but more importantly prayer...

Please PM me or reply or I can give my phone # is someone wants to call and talk before donating or whatever. I just see a perfect example of a young woman trying to do what is right and working in every way too do that and sometimes we need to call on one-another for help.

These photos are of Westley and I hanging out after shooting and Westley smiling for the camera.

Thanks and God Bless,

Reed

Attachments

• WesleySmile.jpg
      WesleySmile.jpg
      139.9 KB · Views: 31
    • WesleyChristmas.jpg
      WesleyChristmas.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:
    I'm unable to financially support. However I will be praying for all of you in this situation. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
    Thank you red and white. Your prayers are worth more then any amount of $.

It kills me to see kids suffer. Prayers sent brother. Works been slow due to the weather but I'll send what I can. You'll have a PM inbound shortly.

Matt

All, thank you so much. I will PM you both her name and my mailing address as she won't be home for awhile.

Update: still nothing back from the bone marrow biopsy but they started blood transfusions and his red blood cell count was beginning to drop as well. Will keep you all posted. Thanks again.

Reed, do you do Paypal? I think you can set up accounts for situations like this, but I may be wrong. If you do let me know, I am already in with prayers and can help donate as well.

Sully

Sully,

Thank you. I have used it briefly before but will look into it tonight and see how that would work with it going to someone else (guess I could just transfer it to her or write her a check)... Thank you and I will keep you all updated. +1 for prayers.

Reed

Not sure how savvy you are with the internet but there are a slew of websites out there for fundraising purposes. Try Gofundme.com (Link: GoFundMe: #1 for Crowdfunding & Fundraising Websites ) You sign up for free it appears and then you simply create page for Wesley. You describe his story much like you did here and upload a picture or two. You can then link the page here, Facebook, any other forums you might frequent and you can also email it to people. I don't have any personal experience with this but I've seen it used with much success in the past.

Like Sully mentioned Paypal is also an option. I think the key is to spread the word as much as you can. Maybe even start a Facebook page for Wesley. Whichever route you choose keep us updated and let us know where donations can be sent. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

This babe is sound asleep. Test results wont be back until Monday. Thank you for the prayers and support I will work on a Paypal or look into what SlapChop mentioned for a better means of support.

Thanks all,

Reed

Attachments

• Wesleysleeping.jpg
      Wesleysleeping.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 14
    Prayers inbound, wish I was in a better position with the cash as I know from experience that it comes in handy in these situations too.

No worries. Thank you all for your prayers. No answers yet but last night Wesley was moved to the Leukemia ward... please keep up the prayers!

BGE541, are you going to the jcsteel match? Maybe we can pass a hat around after the match and come up with some funds for Wesley and his mom. If you're not going pm me you're info and I'll send a donation. My family will be praying for Wesley.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mailman,

I will be at Jakes Match, Ill be shooting this year but that is a good idea I will ask Jake on Friday if that would be ok to do.

Thank you for the prayers.

http://www.lls.org/diseaseinformation/getinformationsupport/financialmatters/patientfinancialaid/
    Not sure how savvy you are with the internet but there are a slew of websites out there for fundraising purposes. Try Gofundme.com (Link: GoFundMe: #1 for Crowdfunding & Fundraising Websites ) You sign up for free it appears and then you simply create page for Wesley. You describe his story much like you did here and upload a picture or two. You can then link the page here, Facebook, any other forums you might frequent and you can also email it to people. I don't have any personal experience with this but I've seen it used with much success in the past.

Like Sully mentioned Paypal is also an option. I think the key is to spread the word as much as you can. Maybe even start a Facebook page for Wesley. Whichever route you choose keep us updated and let us know where donations can be sent. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

this is a good idea. Also, make sure you send in a notice to your local media outlets as they would have instant readership channels and people are more likely to help someone local.

If the mother's work status was changed from full time to part time because of health care legislation changes then try and find out if there's some 'emergency grant' available for people who hav suddenly lost their health care status. Also, go to the exchanges and see about these provisions. It's a political hot potato right now but that may also mean a high level of willingness to help out to avoid bad coverage.

The hospital would also be a good place to find out about charities and support groups for financial hardship. I believe they have dedicated financial hardship people.

Just got this off the web:

"Explore several options for financial assistance offered for child leukemia patients.
    Check the resources of Children's Leukemia Research Association, Inc. This national organization offers financial help for medical expenses of leukemia patients, including drugs, x-ray therapy, and other medical costs not covered by insurance.

Also check out the State Children's Health Insurance Program. The State Children's Health Insurance Program offers a federal-state partnership that gives low-cost or free health insurance coverage to uninsured infants, children and teens.

The Patient Assistance Program assists patients with searching the National Marrow Donor Program Registry or with selected types of post-transplant expenses. Ask your child's transplant center coordinator to submit an application for Patient Assistance Program funds. The transplant center must be the one that applies for you.

Check into financial assistance through the Hill-Burton program. Hill-Burton is a program through which hospitals get construction funds from the federal government. Hospitals that get those funds are required by law to give some services to people who cannot afford to pay for their hospital stay. Call the program at 1-800-638-0742 to get more information on applying. You can typically apply for the Hill-Burton program by submitting applications and letters of diagnosis from your child's doctor.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/way_5656331_financial-children-leukemia.html#ixzz2uFEtFW4k"

And here:

http://www.lls.org/diseaseinformation/getinformationsupport/financialmatters/patientfinancialaid/

Last edited:
    Event,

Thank you for that information and your time/knowledge involved. Today should be the day he gets test results back so when we hear we will go from there.

Thank you again to everyone who has read this Thread and supported in any way be it thoughts, prayers, donations or time.

Regards,

Reed

Looks like the update is as we suspected... please keep up the prayers for Wesley and Lindsey. As tough as this is I can't feel that we know any more about the pain of seeing a child in pain then God does. So now I am thankful for the gift of Gods son and pray that Wesley will pull through.

I thank all of you that are supportive.

-Reed

My cousin had Leukimia as a young child. It's tough, and a long road, but it's survivable. I'm a pretty good writer when I'm not blustering on here so if you need help with writing letters or the crowdfunding entries hit me up. I'd be more than happy to help.

Good luck.

FM - Received your donation today,thank you very much.

Event - I will keep that in mind thank you. We are waiting a few days before we proceed with anything to large as families are still grasping what it happening.

Unknown - thank you for your prayers.

All - We received word today that Wesley's treatment will be Chemotherapy and first treatment was today as well as a spinal tap. We have offered our home up to her as we are closer to the hospital (still 2 hours) to seen if that doesn't help but still unknown the outcome. Thank you all again for your support and prayers. I will update as I get information.

Thank you,

Reed

Is he doing OK with this or fighting it when being treated?
    Good nurses make everything seem to be all right. I have been down this road a time or two with other ailments, thank God not what you are dealing with. Regards, FM

He is in good spirits about it... The father or someone in close relation set up a fund to start collecting. The Go Fund Me page is avalible at: http://www.gofundme.com/74u9rg All donations so far will be sent to her but from now on if you may please donate via the link!

They are shooting for $2000 but I also know that the drive a 1989 Honda Accord with 4XX,XXX miles on it so we are shooting to find a way to maybe help her get something more reliable (my wife and I) because it is 300 miles round trip for here, 2X a week!

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. I will still be updating this page often to keep you all updated.

Thanks,
    Reed

PS.

The pictures show him keeping his spirits high! Again thank you in all ways for supporting this boy and his mother.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Abbotm2
    Thank you so much. We are almost at the goal and looking at finding a more reliable car for them.

To everyone here I cannot say that you enough for your support in every way. The nurses seem to be very friendly and he is taking to them well, yet he stills seems to have ups and downs like anyone who is in a hospital for an extended period of time.

Reed, you have now reached the first goal. Donation sent. Tell Westley to fight like hell for us. I hate to see kids go through this stuff.

Thank you so much. We are almost at the goal and looking at finding a more reliable car for them.

To everyone here I cannot say that you enough for your support in every way. The nurses seem to be very friendly and he is taking to them well, yet he stills seems to have ups and downs like anyone who is in a hospital for an extended period of time.
    Reed, I have a cousin that's been fighting leukemia for the past four or five years so I kinda know what your family is facing. She is much older than Westley (older than me actually) so I can't say that it affected our family as much emotionally as its gotta be yours being that he's so young. She recently underwent a bone marrow transplant thanks to bethematch.org. I strongly urge you and your family to discuss this with Westley's doctor and get him set up with them. I know it has probably saved my cousin. I also urge all the hide members to check it out online and fill out the questionnaire. Who knows, one of us may be able to help this kid out. And Reed, hang In there brother, gonna be tough fight. Still praying.

Matt

Thank you all. I will pass on this information to the bone marrow match site. It was a pleasure meeting some of you at the JC Steel match and I want to thank you for your support.

Also I think those who have been supportive with prayers and PMs. The level of support here far exceeded my hopes and for that I thank you all. Westley is in good spirits as they were able to get a place to stay and have a home cooked meal with boosted morale greatly. Again thank you all and I will continue to update an I get word.

Reed

Prayers still sent for your family. Please keep us updated on Wesley's condition and needs. I will send some funds as soon as I am able.

Thank you Mark I will keep you all updated!

I am just glad they they are doing well with these changes so far...

Thanks all.

Westley has started Steroids and Chemo and is a few treatments into it. It seems like its getting old for the little guy fast, but they have been give a room to stay in and are doing well. The link I provided *above* has a good update from his Father on the treatment. Im glad to see the Father involved. Thank you all again for all the support and prayers. I will keep you updated!

Thanks again.

Link_ Westley's Lukemia Financial support by Jesse James Harvey - GoFundMe

Glad to see this thread jump back to the top recently. I was starting to lose faith in our fellow Hide members. Of course, had you titled it differently (house to house confiscation, boobies, etc...) it would have generated a much larger response.

Still praying

Matt

Thank you Deputy DA and 79jeep. I try to keep it at the top for glancing eyes or late night hiders' lookin for something a little different.

Westley is hangin in there and I think it is just going to take a minute to get in the groove of things. Normally the link above will have somewhat updated pictures of Westley, the family and the Journey they are on. For those who have sent checks for support we are still working on getting a good address in Portland to send them too as they are in temp housing now. My wife and I are going to try and head down soon and say hello, show support and what not.

Thank you all again and keep fighting the good fight.

Reed

I appreciate Slapchop,Deputy, Jeep and Reed bumping this.

Reed,
    Funds contributed and tell Westley, and the family, that others are in his corner for him.

Regards....

Thank you all for your prayers, support and understanding. I am working on getting these checks down to the family as they have no address in Portland. Thank you all.

TTT for Westley.

How's the little guy doing Reed? I'm seriously hoping that people on here are PMing you without posting in this thread. It would be a shame if people are ignoring this child in favor of the other bullshit Bear Pit threads.

Slap,

He's doing Ok. The Steroids are tough on him with the normal bloat etc. but they are working through it. Last word I got was that it would be a few more weeks or a month before they can truely see if the treatment is working. Support her is going well, most supporters are posting here in this Thread but I am greatful for all posts/thoughts/prayers as I am sure some are contributing in ways I dont even know (and welcomed...)

Here is a Video of him drumming away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8sLb_mUWVo&app=desktop (the next Lars Ulrich? lol) from a few days back. Let me know what you think of the video or post on his YouTube video and let him know what you think!

Thanks again all, hope you are all doing well yourselves.

Regards,

Reed

I think the video is awesome. Little man is bad ass and I will be sure to tell him myself on his YouTube page. Thanks for posting this.

Damn, that is a really neat video. He is a good drummer.
    I was looking in my check book and as the moths flew out one of them said,"Write another one, there are too many of us here doing nothing."
    I always listen to moths but may not have kept the contact info, so Reed would you PM me the latest as to where to direct this?
    I ain't worth a shit as to this social media and fakebook stuff and all of that so maybe just put it up in this thread or maybe even start a new one with a different title.
    There is something in the spring air here that is making my eyes water.
    How is it going as to a different car?
    Regards, FM

FM,

I will PM you my address again, as it is my home address. I am still collecting (waiting) on checks and when they have the ability to make it down to Roseburg (Home) where the can get mail to send them all off. We are still working on the funding for the car and assessing the need (as we want to provide what they NEED not what we THINK they need.) i.e. if they get the word in 3 weeks that they do/don't have to travel every week that may impact how we help.

I honestly do want to thank all of you who are on this thread and supporting in ANY way. Daily I look here and am thankful for you Men that are willing to step up and help out. I scroll up the page and not only read what you type but look at your usernames and am thankful you a here. So again, Thank you.