• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of your "Vintage Rifle" knowledge

BGE541

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2011
    VA
    All,

Thanks for the help. I need a feeler of value for a 91/30 Mosin that came as the "Sniper" version with original mount/optic/sling and even the paperwork in engrish/russian that certifies the optic for the rifle. What is this worth? It looks as if this has never been fired or very little/no bolt wear. I have a friend looking to get rid of one and I just want to see if this is a fair deal.

Thanks,

BGE

Assuming it is a PU and not a PEM, PE or SVT, it may be $400 or maybe $2000 or anything in between. A Hungarian made rifle will be on the high end and a 42 Tula not far behind along with a 47 Izhevsk. Many rifles with such paperwork can be Replicas/fakes and be at $350-400. Pictures of the details are gonna be essential.

All parts match # 5249

sight # 7-1033743 Look like the optic says if it a remake "in accordance with the design and technological documentation of 1928 and is proved to be fit for service"

Who knows!!!!

Sounds like a replica. Who knows? Many of us who collect these. With pictures we can tell. If the scope is NY prefixed, definitely a replica and sounds like the paperwork says so, although I do not read Russian nor Ukrainian. Good luck.