• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In-stock 6.5 G barrels?

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 3, 2010
    FL
    Seeking a 20", type II, fluted (preferably) "decent" quality barrel- $300 range- in stock.
    In that price range I'm finding Wilson Combat and Ballistic Advantage. I don't think CBI has one but I'm going to call tomorrow to be sure.

Did I miss anyone? If not, any difference in quality between those two?

I would go with Wilson Combat or Criterion over Ballistic Advantage.

If you're interested in an 18" (within ~50 fps of 20"), I've been very happy with my Alexander Arms barrel:

Look at Midway, too. I have two of these barrels, one mounted. At this price, your budget would cover two; go for it.

They scope out very clean with the Teslong; and the mounted one, despite being in an ongoing load development stage (I really do want to use the Speer 120gr Gold Dot), shoots commercial ammo decently.

Greg

I would go with Wilson Combat or Criterion over Ballistic Advantage.

If you're interested in an 18" (within ~50 fps of 20"), I've been very happy with my Alexander Arms barrel:

Criterion wins the day in mid-budget barrels. Wislon has a good barrel. I think you are mixing up brands. Wilson barrels are not Wilson combat. One is good, the other is World Class.

6.5 Grendel is an odd round and not very ubiquitous. LaRue has done well with this round as well.